Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hiding your girly clothes and other things

Question Hiding your girly clothes and other things

Hey everyone ^.^ I'm kind of new to cross dressing, I started about 2 months ago but during that time I've acquired quite a number of outfits, and a lot of it is lingerie, lol. I've lots of family and friends that come over to my apartment, and it's a pretty small apartment...you could call it a studio rather because it's only one room and it has my bed, tv and closet and pretty much everything else. I'm afraid that sooner or later I'm going to make a mistake and someone is going to find my female clothing ^.^ and all my makeup. What/where do you think would be the place to hide them? I've considering throwing some out but i really don't want to do that. Do anyone else hide their stuff? Where do you hide them? I used to carry it around in my work bag all the time, that's when I was living with my parents there wasn't a lot of outfits.

Platinum Member
    Haley, its your apartment, so I don't think you should have to hide everything. You could set some space aside in the closet and a dresser for clothes and maybe a make up back in the bathroom vanity. If someone finds anything, its your girlfriends' stuff.

I have almost the same issue as my wife doesn't know about it (yet)...

I would suggest a lockable suitcase or chest. The suitcase can be placed in a closet. That way, if people open the closet by chance, they still haven't opened the suitcase (at least if they are well-mannered LOL).

I would also consider your car's trunk. But that's a bit more annoying as you might need the space when you go shopping !!!

Lockable suitcase! Boring but very effective. But either get used to ironing or buy non-iron!

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Haley, its your apartment, so I don't think you should have to hide everything. You could set some space aside in the closet and a dresser for clothes and maybe a make up back in the bathroom vanity. If someone finds anything, its your girlfriends' stuff.
    Yeah I know but some of my family are kind of invasive...I never had much privacy when I was living at home, anyone would just barge into my room at anytime. Maybe I just need to get out of that fearful state of mind, lol.

Get your self a lockable footlocker. Decorate it and use it for a coffee table. If asked what's in it, tell them that you bought it used and it was locked. With makeup, get a case for all your makeup and set it in the closet. But make sure it's big enough for a little expansion Best place to hide something, is in plain sight....BJ

If any one finds your stash just tell them you have a girl friend that sleeps oven now and then.

Vieja

hiding your clothes and girly things

i own my own home with wife and older children and i consider myself a handyman....ah...or gurl. anyhow i built a large closet in my basement with its own secret closet within. I can hang my dresses and stuff and it has shelves for storage of my pretties and such.

Aspiring Member
    You could figure out if there is one friend nearby you can trust with your secret, and ask them to hang onto the stuff. I am working on that as a solution for my Mom coming out to visit shortly.

You are overlooking the obvious. Take one or two draws in your dresser put all the womans stuff in there. "Just say your girlfriend sleeps over and that is her stuff. Then say you know girls and their stuff they just take over.

Havin fun learning Ashleythenewgirl's Avatar
    Walmart sells lots of plastic storage tubs- some are quite deep and would be good for closet storage. I bought one yesterday designed for fitting under a bed- it's where things like shoes, tights, sunglasses etc will go and it works great. Just another option. The one I got is clear so you may want to line it or something.
    If you want to be my friend I will welcome you with open arms.
    If you want to judge me, stay away and keep your mouth shut.

If I was in your shoes (a pair of sexy heels of course!) a box under the bed is what I'd do, just to be on the safe side. It sounds as though the size of the apartment is the main issue, where everything is in one room its difficult to keep anything concealed. At least your visitors shouldn't be poking about under your bed!! Don't throw things out though, I had to do that at one stage and ended up regretting it.

Smile

I used to have the problem of hiding my cloths, used to use suitcases or large sports bags. Then ever so often having to have a clear out to keep the number of female cloths down, as I only had limited space.

But now I don’t have that problem at home thank goodness. Take a look in my wardrobe and draws and my female cloths are mixed in with my male cloths.
    Dressed and skirts hanging between my shirts and trousers. All my tights in the same draw as my socks, get the picture

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Haley View Post
    Yeah I know but some of my family are kind of invasive...I never had much privacy when I was living at home, anyone would just barge into my room at anytime. Maybe I just need to get out of that fearful state of mind, lol.
    I think getting out of that fearful state of mind is the key. even if you cleverly stash all your things, there's always the chance that someone will drop by unexpectedly. You can almost bet on it.

Maybe your apartment building has storage lockers in the basement or something and you could keep stuff in a suitcase or garment bag down there.

Inconvenient, but it would work.

Christine

I keep everything in plastic boxes with lids... and officially I store 'old stuff' in there!
    No questions asked...

If you have a closet with a shelf, put the stuff in a box. put it on the top shelf, wrap an old shirt or preferably jeans around it, and then place some more stuff on top.

Very doubtful anyone will see, and if they do happen to see, very doubtful they will go pulling clothes off of the top shelf to look inside your box.

If you don't have a top shelf, I've done the same thing in my closet, on the bottom corner, with stuff stacked on top.

Good Luck

I roll of my panties in a small bag, and hide it in a cabinet I have no outer fem clothes yet, so I don't know about those...

I live alone, I don't hide my femmy things.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Billiejo is right.
    Footlocker--as coffee table; cover with a cloth table cloth. Get an old one at a thrift store if you want. Then think of a reason to not open it, if anyone asks. Lots of spiders? Fleas? Got it from an old lady that died of flesh-eating bacteria?
    Also in your closet--put a few dresses in garment bags--zip up. And put a few dark or black dresses under your sport coats, (in the dark back corner of your closet.)

Like you I live alone and my family and friends drop over a lot. I keep all my femm stuff in a few locked closets in the second bedroom. To get to my stuff they would need the keys or a lock cutter.
    Cary

Just buy under bed draws One nobody will think you have these draws under the bed, It also means that nothing will wind up underneath. Anything involving a plastic box/storage container is deffenently a goer

Same issue

I have the same issues, but in a different situation, in that I still live with my parents. I'm guessing the advice would work for me as well?

When I was single and suffering something similar (friends and relatives who don;t seem to recognise privacy boundaries) it was a big problem, I got myself two big traveling bags from a charity shop. They still had luggage tags on them, and I filled them with all my girly stuff, and kept them under the bed.

No one's going to ask why.. Where else would you keep 'empty' cases ?, they lock, they keep everything flat and dust free and protected from moths, cats, prying eyes and so on.

savor the moments... princessmisti74's Avatar
    As I have only told my long term girlfriend of my crossdressing, privacy is paramount for me. Over the last few days, I have gone absolutely crazy at the stores! I really need to stop, but it is so much fun!
    So, like everyone else with clothing storage issues, as I now have 5 pairs of heels (YES!), 10 tops, a few skirts and 1 pair of black dress pants (that go perfect with my new champagne heels) that need a comfortable home. I believe I will try the opaque bins to "hide in plain sight".
    Thanks for the ideas, ladies!