Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hiding your girly clothes and other things

Quote Originally Posted by JeanDoe View Post
    I have almost the same issue as my wife doesn't know about it (yet)...

I would suggest a lockable suitcase or chest. The suitcase can be placed in a closet. That way, if people open the closet by chance, they still haven't opened the suitcase (at least if they are well-mannered LOL).

I would also consider your car's trunk. But that's a bit more annoying as you might need the space when you go shopping !!!
    Haley,

JeanDoe has given some excellent advice here, and I can relate to both it and your predicament on a very personal level.

When was about your age, had just graduated from university, and had recently accepted a job in a small town away from where I grew up, I also rented a small studio apartment as my first place of my own after moving out of my parents' home. My "stash" was still quite small at the time, and I also kept it in a locked suitcase in my only clothes closet. It wasn't so much visitors I feared, but my nosy landlord possibly going through my apartment while I was not there, as he had a key to the place for security purposes.

Good thing too, as a fire broke out in the building while I was away for the weekend not long after I moved in. Fortunately, my apartment only suffered smoke damage (that's a whole other story!), but I did come back to find my landlord sitting guard in it with all the doors and windows open to air it out. Thank goodness for the locked suitcase, which was still intact. I can only imagine the repercussions if I had been outed in this manner, especially in a small town where gossip spreads like wildfire. Even worse, this was many years ago, when the GLBT community was still deep in the closet, the concept of CDing was virtually unknown (we were still those perverted, fetishistic "transvestites" in most peoples' minds), and pioneering transsexual Christine Jorgensen was still a world-wide sensation.

Angry Disaster

I thought I had everything covered. I had rented a storage space and kept everything in it. Then, I forgot to pay a bill at Kohl's and they called inquiring about the bill. My wife answered and asked what bill? They told her of my purchases of dresses, tops, etc. She hit the ceiling! Just don't fall behind if you charge things.

Thank you for your suggestions!

Wow Leslie you were pretty much exactly in the same situation as I am in now! Coming back to find your landlord airing out the building must have really made your heart jump. My landlord is not too nosy but he does have a key to my studio...and that scares me a bit, lol. Ok then I'm definitely going to see if I can find a lockable chest or suitcase then I'm going to put it under my bed ^.^ Thanks JeanDoe <3 By the way at the moment I'm hiding all my stuff in the back of the bottom drawer of my closet and over that I've just put my guy clothes so that if you open the drawer you won't be able to see anything and I also have some lingerie in my work backpack, lol...I just hope nothing falls out when I'm at work. Terrigirl i'm sorry to hear that you got outed...but it must feel like a burden off your shoulders not having to hide anything anymore

I wouldn't use anything with a lock because it invites attention. People wonder, "What is he hiding?" Best to keep stuff in the open but camouflaged. Use a few plastic storage boxes that say, "Old dishes" or something like that.
    Been around for a while, been away for a while. On the verge of coming back...Help me!

I'm going to agree with the foot-locker suggestion. If a guy asks what's in it, say photo-albums. If a gal asks, it's filled with baseball cards and miscellaneous electronics cables.

If you follow these guidelines, all interest will be lost immediately. If you get confused and tell the wrong story to the wrong gender, well, you're on your own!

I'm in the enviable position of not having to hide anything, my things are on sight through out my flat. My family and friends are aware and have been since my teens. I could not imagine having to hide things away again. The only time I did was during four long years of marriage, my ex knew but was totally unaccepting, although clean my clothes never smelt fresh from being stored in boxes and getting little chance to be used.

I know it's a big step for anyone but why not confess your secret to close family and friends, lifes so much easier afterwards.

ideas..

I've got some thoughts, basically same as some others, but with a twist...

I'm guessing your bed is against the wall. So put semi-shallow drawers under the bed that can be pulled out, but BEHIND those, you can store another hidden compartment, where you can put your nice girl clothes. So even if people open the drawers under the bed, they wont find anything, but whos going to remove the whole thing and look for another storage chest behind those??
    Also, think of "false bottoms", like a dresser drawer that you "raise" the bottom of by putting another piece of wood, suspended by an inch or two with blocks. you can hide stuff below that layer, as long as its not blatenly obvious that its a different piece of wood (like it doesnt match). to open, you open the drawer below, and poke a finger up (need to drill a small hole in the real drawer bottom) the upper drawer, and lift the false bottom. Using this trane of thought, you might get more ideas.

Another "excuse" (as people said to say they belong to your girlfriend, but what if they know you dont have one?) is that you like to dress your (future) girlfriend up, whenever the time comes, and you just couldnt resist buying something, and cant wait to see it on a special girl.

For me, I do alot of computer work, and own quite a few laptops. One of the laptop bags is a bit bigger, and I have all my clothes in there (without the laptop). Luckily, I dont have many clothes yet. But I keep that laptop case under my bed, but on the wall side (I'm married by the way), its a tight sqeeze to get that case in and out tho. But I know its flawed, as a laptop case under the bed can draw attention if found, since thats not really a logical place for it. I dream of the days when I can go out to meet another CD, and I can just walk out of the house freely holding my trusty laptop case. =)

Anyway... good luck, and have fun! =)
    -Syn