Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you have a wife or gf that knows you CD?

Do you have a wife or gf that knows you CD?

I am curious how many of you have a girlfriend or a wife that knows you dress and accepts it? I've been reading through the posts and noticed that a lot of members actually have wives that are accepting. Is this a fairly common thing? My gf has no idea that I dress. I've hinted at the subject many times and know she would not approve. She gets upset when I shave my chest or armpits. She tells me "Men should have hair! Not be shaved."

Just curious how many of you have someone who accepts your "other side." And those that do...I'm jealous.

My wife knows and accepts up to a point. She doesn't mind most clothes but really doesn't like my wearing bras.
    ColleenW

my wife freaks too if i even trim my hair , thats how some are i guess .

re accepting ,
    some dont approve but love there partner so can turn a blind eye, and there are others that simply help in every way and embrace ther partner as a cd .

i think therefore it can be split into two groups put those who accept and the others that have tolerance .

my wife i would say is more tolerant than accepting

Not sure where I am yet Jay Cee's Avatar
    My gf of almost two years knows. I told her early on in the relationship. She was cool enough to understand, and patient enough for me to come to terms with it myself.

If you think that your gf won't accept it, and you are sure that you will keep crossdressing.. well, it will be a difficult road to drive down, if you know what I am saying.

Yeah, I had a past girlfriend that was very accepting of it actually. We even went shopping together for girly clothes for me. That was fun and a really big turn on...for both of us!

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by melissacd33 View Post
    She tells me "Men should have hair! Not be shaved."
    My wife said the exact same thing when I brought up shaving my legs lol.

But anyway my wife does know. I told her about my CD/TG'nes this past January and she has been very understanding and accommodating. She doesn't mind seeing my fully en femme every once in a while but she also isn't at all interested in experiencing this side of myself first hand. As much as I would like for her to get involved I completely understand why she is reluctant. All in all as far as accepting SO's go I'm pretty damn lucky

I noticed you said she doesn't know yet and I'd like to give you some advice. Don't wait too long to tell her and if you think she is the "one" DO NOT wait until after your married to tell her.

My wife and I had been married 2 years when I finally got the guts to tell her and she was, for good reason, mad at me for months for not telling her sooner. She felt like she had been lied to. When you feel the time is right you need to tell her, especially if you truly love her and start thinking about marriage.

Wife knows and doesn't accept. We are in the middle of a divorce so I guess I am looking for one accepting GF.
    Michelle

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    My wife is more tolerant than a number I've read about, even approving of some aspects, but she doesn't really understand and doesn't "work at" trying to understand. More like she gets used to things and they stop bothering her. Not without reversals from time to time.

the happy camper
    My wife knows. She is accepting and supportive within limits. She doesn't want me to be out with the kids, but it's okay for them to see me dressed for something like Halloween or a costume party. She also is very nervous about the idea of me going out in public. We've only been to friends' houses with me dressed. On the other hand, she has bought me make up and clothes, given me her hand-me-downs, altered things for me, and she makes it possible for me to have girl time at the house without the kids. About once a month we pack the children off to relatives and have ourselves a girls' night in.

[QUOTE=KristinSkye;2243305

I noticed you said she doesn't know yet and I'd like to give you some advice. Don't wait too long to tell her and if you think she is the "one" DO NOT wait until after your married to tell her.
    [/QUOTE]

true true . i have had 22 years of marrage with pernille in the closset , what a waist of my energy worrying and hideing , it just took me too long to find out who and what i was. if the question is to help you decise to tell her do yourself and her a favour and get it out in the open now !

I just recently came out to my ex, and despite the fact we aren't together anymore, she's been very supportive.
    To stand strong and independent so that I can help those who cannot stand by themselves.
    I will do this by abandoning my old ways, and learning anew what I must do to succeed
    I will find strength within instead of looking outside.
    I will recognize when I need help, instead of struggling on my own.
    I will break the cycle I’ve followed and be free.
    I will stand strong and independent, but I won’t stand alone.

My Mission Statement

My wife even buys me clothes. And she knows I'm in counciling for gender issues. Thursday I told her that I was going to get my hormone lettter. She asked what about her, I told her the only way she was going to get rid of me was to shoot me. 99% of my clothes came from LB, Ave or Dot's. So I crossdress every day. I wear panties 24/7 and I wear a bra every day for support. So I guess the short answer is YES, she knows...BJ

I am one of the lucky ones. My girl friend knows and is fully accepting. She asked me to marry her last weekend.

My ex wife was not accepting and gave me hell when she found out about Gail. Very messy divorce.

Quote Originally Posted by KristinSkye View Post
    That freaks me out a bit since I know telling her would most likely result in the end of our relationship. We've been together for a very long time and love each other a lot.

I hate the conflicted feeling of wanting to just be who I want to be, yet not knowing what I want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by melissacd33 View Post
    That freaks me out a bit since I know telling her would most likely result in the end of our relationship. We've been together for a very long time and love each other a lot.

I hate the conflicted feeling of wanting to just be who I want to be, yet not knowing what I want to be.
    Surprisingly this is what resulted in the end of my last relationship, not telling her. When i told her a few weeks ago, officially an ex, she was actually wanting to lovingly smack me over the head for thinking it made any difference to her.

Every woman is different. You should tell her, just get it over with. If she doesn't accept it she doesn't, but if she does terrific. it's a load off both your chests either way.
    To stand strong and independent so that I can help those who cannot stand by themselves.
    I will do this by abandoning my old ways, and learning anew what I must do to succeed
    I will find strength within instead of looking outside.
    I will recognize when I need help, instead of struggling on my own.
    I will break the cycle I’ve followed and be free.
    I will stand strong and independent, but I won’t stand alone.

My Mission Statement

Every girl I've been with has been accepting and encouraging, but that's simply because they all know straight away. This is something that for me is no nonsense and non-negotiable. I don't want to be with someone who tolerates. I want someone who looks at me with love no matter what I'm wearing.
    Fear of loneliness (amongst other things [wanting kids is another example]), can drive people into compromising, and when it comes to compromises, CDing is an easy thing to do it with (since we all have a knawing part of ourselves deep down that thinks it's weird). I hope to never be in a situation that makes me compromise such an important part of me.

I actually started crossdressing because my wife accepted that I enjoyed wearing panties and one night she asked if I can dress as a girl for halloween, and the idea turned me on so much that I wanted to see what I would look like, and well, once I had the stockings, lingerie, skirt, makeup and wig on I LOVED it and been doing it ever since as I enjoy it so much.

My wife and I had a little roller coaster ride with the package, but she's finally accepting of it, as well as myself accepting of it.

My present SO knows, accepts, and is happy with me the way I am. She met me on-line at a site that I had posted a profile with both male and female modes of dress. So it was actually partly why she was attracted to me and made first contact. My ex-wife knew and accepted with no reservations and my wife that passed away before her also knew and accepted. So for about the past 35-37 years I have always had a loving partner that knew, accepted and even enjoyed me in either mode. I have been lucky I guess. But I would never consider hiding it from a potential mate. I could not do that for many reasons.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I am very lucky that my wife fully supports my dressing and is very understanding of Sophie.she knew from beginning.I didnt want to make the same mistakes that I made in my first marriage.I am so lucky that she loves both sides of me.we love nothing better than sharing girlie times together.I try to show her how much I appreciate her every chance I get.I am so much in love with her she is most beautiful person i know

Sophie x
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Not only does my Polar bear accept, but somtimes, I think she lies Wynonna better!

Your girlfriend apparently has not observed many elite male athletes. Swimmers are the most obvious but also wrestlers, boxers, mixed martial artists, and other athletes commonly and unashamedly shave their legs and chests. Of course there are some hirsute exceptions, but it is common practice. Have her look at the "hunks" in many advertisements for every thing from Jockey shorts to razors; most of them are hair-free or nearly so.
    My wife now knows, but although she is accepting, she is very hesitant about her acceptance. It has taken months and months for her to reach this point, but she knows that I dress en femme and recently (two days ago) picked out some panties for me with me at a department store. We bought three pairs, but she doesn't want to see me in them.
    warmly, Linnea

I guess I am one of the lucky ones. My wife is accepting. Buys my makeup.

Gold Member
    I consider myself blessed. My wife is not only supporting, but gives me a shove when I debate over whether to do something. She is also active with my Tri-Ess group. Not all agree, but I attribute it to letting my dressing develop with her being in the loop the whole way. This way she had the opportunity to tell me if she was uncomfortable and she learned as I learned (a lot of the time, the wife is playing catch up on CD knowledge).

Quote Originally Posted by LitaKelley View Post
    My wife and I had a little roller coaster ride with the package, but she's finally accepting of it, as well as myself accepting of it.
    My too. My wife got a little freaked at first but now she really pushes me to accept myself more. She accepts me a lot more than I do. I still struggle a lot with society. I think the key is to move the process along at her pace. I went to quick and my wife got freaked out. It was when I backed off that she ended up accepting me and moving ahead of where I'm at.

hot patootie,bles my soul marisa's Avatar
    my sujestion would be to sit her down and have " the talk" with her before to much time goes by. trust is a hard thing to get these days and even harder to get back once it's lost. if she asks why you waited so long to tell her, just say you needed to try and find out if she would be able to accept it and go from there. if she truely does love you for who you are then she might be able to deal with it. what ever you do, do not get your back up and get all defensive. it will make things worse. be calm, she'll likely have a million questions for ya. just answer as best you can.
    i told my g/f about my alter ego about 5 months into the relationship. it took her a very very short time to process the info. like about 10 minutes. we've grown very close since then.we've been together almost 3 yrs now. she fully accepts, supports and encourages me. plus she said she'll be my body gaurd if anyone try's to hurt me. we've had the what if talk about the future as well. she told me that if at some point i need or have to take things futher for my personal well being that she''ll stand right beside me through it all. honestly, i think she knows that if money wasn't an issue i would have been well down that road already.
    i wish you all the best with your g/f.