Thread: Would Provincetown, MA be a good place for first time CD in public?

Would Provincetown, MA be a good place for first time CD in public?

My wife recently asked why I go shopping for more women's clothes if I'm only dressed up at home and well, I thought about it for sometime and realized that only being able to CD @ night after my daughter goes to bed isn't as much fun as it might be if I were able to go out like this and do stuff, yet I'm scared sh--less about even trying that.

So, I know Provincetown,MA is an open, friendly and very accepting community towards GLBT, etc, so wondered if perhaps a trip there would be fun and I would be able to walk around, go shopping, eat out, etc while CD.

I've only ever been there one time, so don't really know if what I think of it is true, so wanted to ask.. Do you think P-town is a good place to go out CD for the first time?

We are planning to go to the fantasia fair there in October. I can't wait.

Smile

I am from Mass myself, altho never to P-town. I hear that its pretty open there, this is a pretty lib state anyway. You should be fine there. Go, and have fun!!!

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Nowdays most places are okay for CDing in public. The place I would fear most would be late at night in a big city.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

is gambling allowed in Las Vegas?

I have been to Provincetown dressed and it is such a comfortable, artsy place to be, you would have a wonderful time. Start by driving into Provincetown along the long one-way street. There are shops and homes on this very long street and you can peruse the area before you park. There are many shops to go into right on that street and in the alleys off the street. And right after Labor Day all the tourists are gone and you can feel even more at home.

It is a loooong drive and everytime you think you are close, it always seems like it is miles away.
    Kristen

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyJane View Post
    Nowdays most places are okay for CDing in public. The place I would fear most would be late at night in a big city.
    well, just did exactly THAT, this time in munich, where we have an aptmt, although 9pm isnt exactly late..but downtown o.c. is a different story.
    cancer man or cancer woman, with double cancer settings for me that is NOT the question!

Quote Originally Posted by LitaKelley View Post
    So, I know Provincetown,MA is an open, friendly and very accepting community towards GLBT, etc, so wondered if perhaps a trip there would be fun and I would be able to walk around, go shopping, eat out, etc while CD.
    Do you think P-town is a good place to go out CD for the first time?
    Go ahead and have fun,

Quote Originally Posted by Kathryn Martin View Post
    We are planning to go to the fantasia fair there in October. I can't wait.
    See you there, I'm registered for the full time, pm me and I'll let you know where I'm staying
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

P-town is VERY friendly to TG persons, esp. the Unitarian church....
    --------
    Love your woman within...

Know thy self -- Be your true self......

Provincetown is a fun place, and a good place to go out and about. Ironically though, it's the only place I've ever had a "bad" reaction. Three of us were walking down the street, me, a TS, and a GG. We met a group of young girls coming the other way. After they passed us, one of them yelled out, "OMG, they're f'ing men!". We thought it was pretty funny actually.

Had other good experiences though, talking to people, eating in restaurants, etc. It's a very non-judgemental place.

Joyce
    Visit my website at:
    http://www.geocities.com/joyce1702/

[SIZE="3"]"Make Music Not War"[/SIZE]

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by LitaKelley
    I've only ever been there one time, so don't really know if what I think of it is true, so wanted to ask.. Do you think P-town is a good place to go out CD for the first time?
    [SIZE="2"]Yes, I would definitely try it. I used to live (and love) in Massachusetts, and I would frequently enter art exhibitions in Provincetown. I really don’t see the appeal of Cape Cod (too many scrub pines and too much sand for me), but P-Town is a different world. Based on my observations, you can walk freely anywhere you want – frankly, I stood out in drab! Wear something to keep your hair in one place, and bring a sweater – those sea breezes can be quite cool, sometimes 10-20° cooler than the mainland. I last saw the place in 2007, but I was standing on a cliff in Manomet, MA with my ex-girlfriend, looking across Cape Cod Bay to land’s end. I used to enjoy crossdressing in areas where it would NOT be expected, adding to the thrill of my “wrong,” but defiantly correct activity…[/SIZE]
    Last edited by Frédérique; 08-25-2010 at 09:40 AM. Reason: too much...

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyJane View Post
    I feel totally the opposite. I live in rural'ish Pennsylvania (York County). I am more afraid of the intolerant and set in their ways people around here than people in a city. When I lived in Philly it was routine to see people from all spectrums of the TG rainbow. I hear enough jokes and, quite frankly, hateful comments at work about "us" that it makes me sick. I guess no matter where you live there will always be some concerns and fears though. I say go for it, if your spouse is on board. You only live once, right?

there are many places to go for your first time out. P-Town is very good as is las Vegas also for the thrill of your life look into Dignity Cruises. I have gone with them many times on cruise ships and had so much fun.

Silver Member
    To answer your question, YES!

P-Town is just about as welcoming as you can get. It's VERY friendly to crossdressers and Tgirls alike. Plus there is TONS of stuff to do, shopping, bar hopping, little museums, wonderful resturants, deep sea fishing, whale watching, nature walks on the marsh, and one fantastic sandy beach that seems to stretch forever in both directions. When you look out over the ocean you are looking at England and France.

Go!

Stephie

I'm gonna go, but first I need to save up some $$. I don't want to go alone, but know my wife won't be accepting of this either.. She's accepting of it while I'm home, but I fear her reaction if I ask her to come along.

My cousin, whom is gay, has been to P-town several times and is probably familiar with the area.. I was thinking of opening up to him and asking if he'd come along with me.

If I don't get to go while the weather is still good, at least I know I'm going out CD for Halloween, which is how all this started for me.. sort of. Only reason I say while weather is good is because I don't want to buy a jacket or coat, lol

I was at fanfair about 7years ago and really enjoyed it , Last summer I was
    in ptown with my SO (not dressed) and saw several CD TGs there were the look at me type in fettish wear wanting their pictures taken and others trying to pass but still overdressed .so to answer your question I would
    feel very comfortable in PTown dressed