Thread: My First Experience Dressing

Monica

My First Experience Dressing

Wanted to pen down my shopping and make over experiences over the last weekend

Monday : Called a wig store and asked for an appointment and they said I could just come over so went there and tried a couple of wigs and the one's that pulled my attention were so costly and I was confused what to do ...So told the SA I would come again

Tuesday: Went back to the wig store and luckily the SA recognized me and asked me if I wanted the same wig I liked yesterday then I told her I am looking for same style wig in synthetic one which would be for a lesser price as the old one was human hair, then tried some similar style wigs and finally bought one and also some acessories from the store

Friday: Called a couple of bra shops if they were crossdresser friendly most of them gave positive responses and one store asked me to to go their other branch. SO I called the other branch number and they said they had a specail slot for CD's that is on Thursdays 6:00 - 8:00 at that time they would help measuring our sizes too.. since it was friday that option was ruled out. Called some other store and they asked me to some by and I went there in the evening and that was a small store where they had some silicons and only 2-3 bras and very limited collection but they were very helpful and even let me try on them in their back room ... finally their collection was too pricey so I said I will come back

From there I went to VS in a mall, took the courage to walk in and was looking around. There were a SA's but everyone was engaged with customer's so was looking around for 5 mins and then finally was able to make an eye contact with SA who just finished with a customer nd gave a smile and she came to me and asked for help & then I told her that I would like to get some panties and Bra for myself .... she said ok and asked me my size .. I said I nver shopped any so she took a tape and measured and gave an approx size.
    she then showed me Puch up bra with silicons in it and had nipples and also some other too, but i loved the one with silicons and bought it...and also some matching panties for the bra..The SA convinced me to buy 3 panties as there was 3 for 30 specail goin on (Sales man ship.. Then the lady ranged me out and bought those

And from here went to walmart to get some beer and the ladies section caught my eye and there were no people in the store and then I asked the lady if I can try on some stuff , she said yes and helped me find some push up bras and also helped my find matchingpanties for it. I tried the bra in the fitting room and liked it. & bought that too ...

Saturday:

In the morning at 10 went to a good will store and was browsed thru the womens section, was a bit feared when getting in but took the dare and went in and then picked 3 skirts and 3 tops and a Dress and waited long at the dressind room, people at dressing room stared at my cart but I dint care them and tried them on and loved two skirts from them and bought them ..

Now from there I went to ULTA to get a foundation and told the SA that I was looking for a beard cover hen the SA gave me some samples and checked if they were suting my cmplexion .. and I bought one and also they gave me a fre travel kit from dermablend as a complimentary ...

Now went to target and asked the SA if i can try on some tops, she told me I can try them but only in mens fitting room I was fine with it and shopped for some tops and even dared to ask a SA to help me picking some tops suitable for skirts and she asked me the skirts material and I showed her the sample and she also helped me in te selection which made my life easier..and bought 2 tops from target

it was almost 1 by the time I got thi shopping done, had some lunch and then had a waixing session at 1:45 the waxing lady was so good to me and did the waxing for the chest and upper back and she was the lady who was also doing my make up

she had other appointment at 3-3:45 so she asked me to wait in the lounge for a while and I also wanted some time to get relieved from the pain from waxing

and at 4:00 the lady called me in and then started the fun .. she told me I am giving you some girly time and she left the room and asked me to put my clothes on, so I removed all the stuff and dressed up in a skirt, used nylons as I couldnt wax the legs and put on the bra and a top and also put the wig on to surprise the lady .. she came over and after she seeing me she was so praising me that I almost cried and she said thaz ok and gave me a hug and I was crying for some time seeing the girl in me as the lady made my dream come true...then she asked me for the foundation to start make up, then I realised that I forgot that in the car and was confused what to do .. so the lady suggested me to go out to the parking lot dressed and get that..I was a bit hesitating

FInally the lady convinced me and took me to the car and she accompanied me...and I took the stuff from my car and came back to the salon...I felt so relaxed after coming back and no one saw me... but later I was thinking it would have been great if some one had watchd me and passed a comment..

and then the lady put the make up on she was very good at it.. and then I sat and spoke to her for a while there ... and then did small photo session and ended this all at8:00 in the evening... th lady suggested me to go to a mall or outside afer the make up bt I wasnt dare enough... and then cleaned up and rode back home.. I also told the lady that I owuld go out if I was accompanied by a fellow CD or someone..

Sorry for the long story but jus wanted to share it .. I did repeat some stuff here fom my previous writings too...

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Monica,

You have done on what you say is your first dressing experiece what many of us haven't even tried after years. I hope we get a chance to see some of the photos. And it doesn't matter how much like a woman you look, I'll be looking for the smile on your face.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Monica
    Hi Sarah thanks for the compliments have few pics in my album
    Please have a look though I am not able to show my face yet..

Monica is new, but her story rings true. For all of you Timid Sista's out there, consider this narrative. She's Guileless and doesn't know she's supposed to freak out, be afraid, or feel guilty. So, she goes into The Stores tells them what she wants....and voilĂ*, merchandise magically appears! She gets sales help and expertise, and makes her purchases.

Now, why do you all think that happened? Trust me, I grew up in St. Louis, and it's not exactly The heart of Liberal Thinking. It's mostly German and it's mostly Catholic, so that's not The Answer! No Council Member, nor Local Pol. is particularly Liberal, or free-thinking....must be something else?

Let's just assume that these Merchants want to make a Buck! Monica, was forthright, and knew what she wanted to buy, and she got it! End of Story, except.....

Perhaps we can learn something here. We see Threads with endless excuses, endless proclamations about how "I want to stay in The Closet." Endless Angst over Lost Nerve, secret fears, or whatever else. BUT, none of the supposed bad stuff happed to Monica. She's not in San Francisco, The GLBT Alliance wasn't holding her hand, she just went out and Shopped!

Congrats Monica, "You Go Gurlfriend!" Is there something here, that The rest of us can learn from?

Peace and Love, Joanie

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick.saxena View Post
    SO I called the other branch number and they said they had a specail slot for CD's that is on Thursdays 6:00 - 8:00 at that time they would help measuring our sizes too..
    Gee. Anyone think that these stores don't know that crossdressers make up a good bit of their sales?

Quote Originally Posted by sterling12 View Post
    Now, why do you all think that happened? Trust me, I grew up in St. Louis, and it's not exactly The heart of Liberal Thinking. It's mostly German and it's mostly Catholic, so that's not The Answer!
    I would like to highlight this to emphasize this some more. How many people are worried about their area being religious? A lot of people pick on my state because of religion, but there are a lot of us going out. Hmmmm....

Way to go Monica! I can see a lot of fun in your future.

wow .... It cant be done any better than that bb

Senior Member joannemarie barker's Avatar
    Great story