Thread: I was passing right up until.....

I was passing right up until.....

I went out dressed for my third time today. This time I went to Kohl's to return a top and do a little shopping. First I retuned the top and the man working the service desk said "maam, how can I help you?". I completed the retun without incident. I then spent about an hour looking through clothes in the Women's clearance sales. Gotta love that 80% off. I found three darling tops, then shopped the bras. One lady with her grandkids with her admonished them as to not get in the nice ladies way. At this point the realixation came over me that I was passable. At least today. When I got to the checkout there was only one cashier who was trying to handle a dispute with another lady. As I walked up she told the lady to "wait over there for the manager while I take care of her". Meaning me. Here is the up until part. I handed her my credit card. Since it had a man's name on it she asked for my ID. When I showed it to her she stated that it was not my ID. I assured her that it was. She said "Oh I see" Then quietly so only I could here she said "I had no clue, you look so real". My reply was "I am real honey"

Read because of my ID! Has this happend to you?
    I believe therefore I can [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've never had any problems when asked to shoe my ID for credit security sake. In fact, it really makes me feel more comfortable. However, the picture and my face don't match too well when I'm "dolled up", so, I just say, "That photo was taken on a bad hair day". and let it go at that.

Paula

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    I tend to be a cash girl since I do not have any credit/debit cards in my girl name. Though I think you can get one however if a credit check is ever made on you by an employer they will see ALL of your AKA's used under your Social Security Number!

I have not had that happen more than a dozen times so I had my feminine picture put on my license when I renewed it last year. I'm transitioning so I'm dressed every day. It still indicates male but most of the time they never get to that part.

Gotta feel good when they look at you and think your just a women with her mans card eh. I have not had that while out but I have had to show my I'd to get into a club. But it was a tg club so no prob. I would not care anyways. It's not like it's a secret to anyone. I'm open about it so if someone clocks me it no biggy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jo View Post
    I went out dressed for my third time today. This time I went to Kohl's to return a top and do a little shopping. First I retuned the top and the man working the service desk said "maam, how can I help you?". I completed the retun without incident. I then spent about an hour looking through clothes in the Women's clearance sales. Gotta love that 80% off. I found three darling tops, then shopped the bras. One lady with her grandkids with her admonished them as to not get in the nice ladies way. At this point the realixation came over me that I was passable. At least today. When I got to the checkout there was only one cashier who was trying to handle a dispute with another lady. As I walked up she told the lady to "wait over there for the manager while I take care of her". Meaning me. Here is the up until part. I handed her my credit card. Since it had a man's name on it she asked for my ID. When I showed it to her she stated that it was not my ID. I assured her that it was. She said "Oh I see" Then quietly so only I could here she said "I had no clue, you look so real". My reply was "I am real honey"

Read because of my ID! Has this happend to you?
    And that is about as sincere a compliment as you are ever gonna get!

All of my bank and credit cards simply had my first initial and last name on them and my signature was the same (first initial and last name). There are many women that do the same for their safety. I did hate the times I needed to show my ID back then. I don't worry about it anymore now, my ID is finally correct, name and gender.
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Siemen View Post
    I just say, "That photo was taken on a bad hair day". and let it go at that.

Paula
    I love your response Paula.

Dee

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Siemen View Post
    I've never had any problems when asked to shoe my ID for credit security sake. In fact, it really makes me feel more comfortable. However, the picture and my face don't match too well when I'm "dolled up", so, I just say, "That photo was taken on a bad hair day". and let it go at that.

Paula
    Except I had a full beard on my DL photo. LOL
    I believe therefore I can [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I get read long before the ID. It is nice to hear cd'ers getting that far before being read.
    Michelle

When buying using credit/debit cards in the UK we use chip and pin so no need for picture id.

I can only wish that I was that passable. With my face, I'm read very quickly if anyone is really looking. You are very fortunate. Keep on dressing!

Freddy

That is encourageing, isn't it

Nowadays I use my boy debit card when doing retail therapy.

Today I bought two skirts and a cool top, and when I gave the Macy's lady my debit card (which brings up your full name on the register screen), she said "Thank you for shopping at Macy's, Miss Smith"

I guess she thought I was using hubby's card???

MaryJo,

It's great to pass and you did wonderful.

Loved the ending.

Danni

Gold Member
    Great on your Passing. Once on an errand for my wife, I took her Kohl's
    credit card to get 3 gift cards. She wanted them on her credit card,
    so in to Kohl's I went. The SA at the check out saw the card, asked for
    My ID, showed her My License, with boy Me on it, and as she was about
    to say something, I said, Look, I am here on the bosses orders, She wants
    3 gift cards on her charge, so I am here doing what I was sent to do.
    She smiled, and completed the sale. All you need is a good line sometimes.
    Rader

Yes I get called then its like well think you mam and the smile I love it.

Aspiring Member
    Haven't had it happen to me only because I use cash to avoid having to show my ID but I love your response to her, very confident

Misses Member, Not Junior CallMeMeg's Avatar
    Two TSA men at the airport asked me I pulled out the wrong ID when I was "flying pretty". Kimberly said it best.

You weren't read At All. Showing the card is telling, not being read. It's the same as if you said "Hi. I'm really a guy."