Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Manly" job by day......

"Manly" job by day......

I am new here and I am still conflicted about being a transgendered person. A lot of my issues are centered around the fact that I work in heavy industry ( a power plant ), and I really enjoy doing a lot of the so called "manly" things I do on a day to day basis. I LOVE welding and fabrication, hot rods, motorcycles etc. but I also like to dress like a girl, and feel pretty. I am just wondering if there is anyone else around who does the same type of work, whether it's in a refinery, power plant, machine shop etc. and struggles with the same "total opposite" issues I have.

It's not really that uncommon among 'manly professions. A lot of service men enjoy crossdressing!'

"manly"job

Ms Taken,

Hun, look around you. There are women doing those jobs everyday. I'm one of them.

How men can think a job is manly, a concept that women have been disproving for years. Yes men do generally have larger and stronger muscles, but.

Danni
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 08-28-2010 at 08:50 AM. Reason: name correction edit by Shelly Preston

Balance

With my career in the telecommunications industry I have been involved in placing and repairing underground and aerial cables which involved climbing poles, working with machinery etc. Prior to my career in telecommunications I had worked in a steel foundry and also on the railroad.
    One of my favorite hobbies (aside from CD) is pistol target shooting.

I have my (manly) side as well as my feminine side. I embrace my feminine side and am thankful for the balance it brings to my life.

On a side note: Don’t wear nylons or pantyhose while welding. Flying sparks or slag will cause the nylon to burn creating a worse burn to the skin than the sparks alone.

Bee safe,

Dee

Manly Interests

I also love to weld and fabricate things. I am building a hot rod. I love to build, remodel, and repair houses.

I REALLY love to dress En Femme and go to public places! I love getting a manicure/pedicure and having my nails painted at a salon. The employees all know what color polish to get when I walk in the door.

There's no reason that you can't enjoy both.

Suzi Q

IMO there is no better way to unwind after a long day at work than coming home and taking a hot shower then putting on a pretty dress or skirt.

[SIZE="3"]I work in an almost exclusively male industry, I have some hobbies that are almost exclusively male also.

Most of the Cd's I have meet are from male predominate fields.

I also know women who work in these fields and enjoy these hobbies.

I still love to get dolled out and go out on the town or stay in and watch a movie.

Being TG/CD/TS does mean you fit a certain mold. We are all individuals.
    [/SIZE]
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

I worked for 12 years at a power plant as a piping engineer and loved it. One of the clubs I go to, I found that six of us girls worked the engineering buisness and all of us loved car and motor cycle hobbies too! Your not alone loving to dress and still have boy hobbie. Just look around how many GG do these same hobbie and they all cross dress while motor cycling and working on cars! Go figure.

No need to worry, as you're see from the forum, there are ALOT of us who lead a normal "male" life from outsiders perspective, yet love womens clothes. I don't work in "heavy industry", I work in IT, a male dominated profession, and at home, lead a normal life with my wife as a male, husband, father would. But with my wife, Wear panties every day, wear nighties on the weekend, and enjoy time together dressed as female.

Yes we do Oil industry

Quote Originally Posted by jinkzd View Post
    I am new here and I am still conflicted about being a transgendered person. A lot of my issues are centered around the fact that I work in heavy industry ( a power plant ), and I really enjoy doing a lot of the so called "manly" things I do on a day to day basis. I LOVE welding and fabrication, hot rods, motorcycles etc. but I also like to dress like a girl, and feel pretty. I am just wondering if there is anyone else around who does the same type of work, whether it's in a refinery, power plant, machine shop etc. and struggles with the same "total opposite" issues I have.
    Perfect! You will fit in nicely here. I think there's many of us here that fit your profile.

Enjoy your stay, I've met some wonderful people here.

Jen

Yes I am a millwright/machinist . I also work in power plants. Pm me if you wish.
    scarlett

yeah, i am in construction, i weld, rebuild engines, all that stuff, and im always wearing panties, i sleep in nightgowns.
    I look kinda tough too, bald head, lots of tats, ????? My bro inlaw knows about my crossdressing, caught me in panties at work a few times. He teases a little, I asked him how he would feel getting his butt kicked by someone wearing panties, or better yet, dressed fully in fem. He says he's never told anyone, but i get a few comments here and their, nothing too terrible, just stuff like "i think pink is your color" and a few others. I dont know who knows, but overall Im never treated different, which is fine with me

I am a heavy equipment mechanic an I feel about the same way you do. I enjoy my manly job and hobbies. I also enjoy wearing panties, nighties, bras, shirts and dresses. I guess we are manly enough not to be afraid af our fimininity.

Work in manufacturing, a real macho environment, also a hobby farmer, like my sports, but am a crossdresser, as I go forward, gaining more self acceptance, still have a ways to go.

I'm the same

I am self employed and love to spend time in my shop building trailers and doing repairs. But all the time I'm working I allways drift off to wishing I was a girl. I feel that in a way, that I live 24\7as a female, for the feeling never goes away

Hi,
    Im a tradesman builder & have done light engineing & pretty much anything thats perceved male work . yet im a woman. & i know other women do the same.
    Its a matter of if a job needs doing then we do it .

...noeleena...

Silver Member
    Welcome to the club. Me too! My job is dirty and dangerous and I love it! I also love going to a salon and getting my hair styled and a pedicure while having some great girl talk! i have been seeing a therapist and she has helped me better understand this paradox! If you go this route, make sure you go to an expert in gender issues! WELCOME!!

There are GG's who do such work. Some of them may enjoy getting "girly" in their off time.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

I have an online friend who is transgender.. well maybe transexual.. if you look at her there is no question that she would be female. She has had implants, she has long hair, is small in height and body type.. and beautiful.. but she works as a mechanic and body person on cars. She also does some wonderful work on fixing up and painting cars. So in this day and time is there really a "manly" job that women don't do??

I'm a Lumberjack & I'm OK
    My tagline says it all. Yes, I really am a lumberjack. I buy timber, cut it, skid it out, deliver it.
    Most of that requires heavy duty clothing, so I love the chance to wear some lighter and finer things on slower days.

I did rodeo, hunting small and big game for hobbies and farming part time as part of making a living. (Rodeo was trying to ride bulls and saddle broncs.) I still do horses, shoot and do mounted civil war reenacting in my 'old' age (67). Oh yah, I drove semi's for a while in the 60"s.
    joank
    Southern California

I'm a waterjet operator. I wear as girly as possible at work when I can, and that varies a lot, depending on which job. Now am in a new one, and am being more careful at first. Haven't let anyone at work see my shaved legs, though, or my toenail polish. Fingernail polish lasts only a couple of days in this kind of work.

Years ago I was at a log home builders show near Seattle, and there was a welder there working on a large gate as a demo. After a bit, off came the mask, and all the long gorgeous blond hair came spilling out. She was an absolutely gorgeous GG and a fantastic welder!

Hugs,
    Ann

The only thing that makes a profession "manly" is the abject sexism that kept women out of said professions.

Thankfully, but slowly this is coming to an end.

Aspiring Member
    Im in a job right now that has both men and women doing it, but have done a lot of things that were considered manly (whatever the heck that stands for). It never changed the way that I always felt- that I was a woman inside.