Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Manly" job by day......

Hi Jinkzd
    I am a self employed heavy truck and equipment mechanic , I weld , fabricate , paint and do installations on site. I don't own a car , only trucks , six of them to be exact , I ride a Harley in my spare time and I cross-dress while doing all of it , mostly under-dressed but yes I have a feminine side.
    I no longer struggle with those feelings now that I have accepted myself and my cross-dressing as a positive part of who I am as a person.
    I am happy and comfortable with who I am and fell lucky that I am a little bit different and have come to terms with it.
    I hope that you are able to overcome your fears and conflicts and understand that it is OK to just be yourself !
    Tomara

I was (and still am on my own) a mechanic in a dealership for 5 years, a truck driver hauling coal and road construction stuff for twelve years and at the same time the mechanic for the company i worked for, and now i work for an orchard where i am a mechanic, engineer, repairman, and whatever else needs done. I love to rebuild motors, work on drag race cars, watch drag racing, love to remodel my house, love yard work. I am by all accounts an all american male, i just LOVE to dress in womens clothes, paint my nails, and absolutely adore high heels. This is not uncommon, just look at all the members here in this forum, why feel different, there are thousands of other just like you! Embrace who you are for your own sake, us pa girls (or guys lol) need to stick together!
    Just LOVE being censored! Why have a forum if you can't speak your mind!
    https://www.facebook.com/glorenz2

Saskatchewan, Middle of the Canadian Prairies
    I work in a Industrial plant and I love to dress girlie especially in pink so what. I also like to do renos on my house. One day it would be nice to just be able to go outside in my skirt and do the work without feeling out of place.
    My Father is male, my Mother is female that makes me 50/50!

Me Too, I'm retired now but for many years I worked in the building trades (carpenter and associated trades) which included equipment operation, truck driving, masonry, steelwork, and also power plant maintenance. these were all considered to be very manly jobs. However I secretly dressed when I was at home and never mentioned anything about it while at work because I didn't want to be the subject of ridecule. I guess some jobs are still considered bastions of masculinity where anything feminine is taboo.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Oh yes! Truckdrivers ,construction workers, cement layers. I'm around em all day. But when I come home it's a complete 180.
    Love the feminene things.

I still own more tools than high heels, but I'm trying to change that

I have been a gravedigger, digging with hand shovels and picks, and wheelbarrows. I never saw a GG gravedigger, but, who knows, there may be a few. I also worked, making industrial paints, toting 55 gallon drums around, weihing around 350 lbs. Only men working in that toxic place! I also love to fish, fix my vehicle, play basketball, other sports, shoot, , but enjoy dressing completely wig to heels, the most!

I am just plain tired of doing boy things!! As a lifelong commercial fisherman,[and crossdresser]worldwide mariner,marine engineer,marine electrician,fabricator,etc,I have been in lots of "tight spots"...And,I am really ready for a change..Only wish this economy would support it as I have a young family.I am more than ready for a change...if I could find one that pays the bills!

I worked in a warehouse, and now getting into a job that involves plumbing and electrical work and hauling bags of sand, etc. I'm also a caver, and do it quite often. Crawling through caves, counting insects and praying I don't come face to face with snakes and raccoons is a part of life for me! LOL Yet I go home, shave my legs, wear a blouse, etc.

It doesn't really confuse me going between these two parts of myself, it's just hard to keep skin nice and clear of cuts and bruises LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Shayna2008 View Post
    I worked in a warehouse, and now getting into a job that involves plumbing and electrical work and hauling bags of sand, etc. I'm also a caver, and do it quite often. Crawling through caves, counting insects and praying I don't come face to face with snakes and raccoons is a part of life for me! LOL Yet I go home, shave my legs, wear a blouse, etc.

It doesn't really confuse me going between these two parts of myself, it's just hard to keep skin nice and clear of cuts and bruises LOL.
    Shayna,

And how exactly is any of that manly? I have been in electrical/plumbing/carpentry/ spleunking for many many years. I have two daughters that go caving is Ark. two or three times a month.

Danni

the happy camper
    I used to do drwall construction, metal stud framing, and acoustic ceilings. I quit about eleven years ago to become a housewife. Still, my favorite outdoor activities are hiking and camping. When I dress, I prefer clothing that is very feminine, but that's to balance out the time I've had to spend wearing clothes that were very manly.

I work in a wastewater treatment plant, I have an 82 FLH Shovel Head bored to 88 cubes, and I'm restoring a 67 SS Chevelle. For me it like 70:30 Guy to Girl.

I have wondered for a while now how life would turn out for many people if we simply let them excel in the areas they did best in without any regard for whether it was supposed to be a male or female thing. I did 20 years for the navy as a nuclear electrician and an explosive ordnance technician. My degree is in IT for network administration and my current job is as a facilities engineer. I've welcomed to anyplace I have been anyone whether male or female was willing to pull their own weight.

Valerie, love the crushed velvet it's one of my favorites!
    "You are not an accident, nor are you malfunctioning. You are performing EXACTLY as coded." For many "Man in a Dress" is the worst atrocity commit-able; for me it's just reality. Click to Learn About Me. Click to Complain About Me! There is a fine line between brutal honesty and honest brutality. It is rarely in the same place for the sender and the receiver.

The avvy pic isn't me
    3rd generation lumber mill worker. Started in a planer mill, then a log mill, plywood for a few months, then in engineered wood products for the housing industry, laid-off one year ago, after surviving several curtailments. I will say though that i worked along side several good women, and a few were girly girls away from work. Also a lifelong outdoorsman and hunter.
    mj (Cassie)

Not sure where I am yet Jay Cee's Avatar
    I work in construction, Ms. Taken. Like many others here, I kind of understand the dichotomy you face. I think things are changing a bit. While I haven't heard of anyone coming out about crossdressing at any job site I've been at, I think that there would be a bit more understanding now then 20+ years ago.

It may take some time, but you'll come to understand, accept, and embrace your feminine side.

Hi,

I once did a poll of jobs on here. I don't remember the exact figures but the top ones were Engineering, Military, Emergency services. I reckon that all these would fall into "Manly" jobs. As for me I was a fire fighter.
    Sam.

Samantha K
    It's so hard being me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]Now I shout it from the highest hill,
    Even told the golden daffodil.
    At last my hearts an open door,
    And my secret love's no secret anymore.
    [/SIZE]

See Sams pics at;
    http://cid-b4480c99b9b4cdd9.skydrive...e.aspx?lc=1033

I'm wondering how jobs have "gender"? If we insist they do, we haven't gotten the point and are failing to the old binary gender system.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Hi MS Taken
    I own a towing company and am considered very macho by most everyones standards but when i am off i can hardly wait to shower and wear something pretty. I have been in many fights alongside police officers arresting someone for DUIs and resisting. I have 6 comendations from the police for assisting an officer. So i dont think it matters what you do at work as long as you enjoy both sides of your personality. It is a relief to go home after a long guy day and have a long girl night. So ENJOY yourself and feel free to speak out here on this forum, we all are just girls in waiting (waiting to get home to our girl world).

Michelle

I've been a " Lineman for 25 years.... I keep work and my manley stuff seperated from Lucy and she keeps her crap seperated from my manley stuff... Although I really do enjoy her cookin
    I do not!! Claim to be an expert on any topic, when I post a new thread or reply on any thread my imput is strickly that of a crossdresser. Not to offend Gay people , Transexuals or any other life style, I am only commenting on one of my own.

Sorry to be so disagreeable with every one, But I spent 30 years in a very manly business, I'm and old furniture mover, a few women tried it, never where able to keep up with the work. dragging pianos up and down stairs is not an easy thing to do. But after a hard days work, putting in miles of walking, and carrying heavy stuff up and down staircases, putting up with people that have to move for what ever reason that didn't want to. Things like husbands job transfered him, and she doesn't want to move. Getting home to a bubble bath, and a nice soft nightie, just made my day.
    Also did time in the service, as a lot of us on here have. I took up archery because I thought it would be a manly hobby, but I gave it up, I got tired of all the girls beating be at it.lol
    Tina B.

A lot of us do just that. Manly jobs by day and by night the girl shines. It is very confusing that the 2 polar opposites can be in the same body but that is TG. A blending of 2 beings into one.
    Michelle

Junior Member Princess_of_Hckloins's Avatar
    I've been a meat cutter for two decades, and worked in the electrical and HVAC field for a while. However my being hot-natured and the idea of climbing through attics during July-August wasn't my ideal way of making a living. I'm also the very male-dominated hobbies of amateur radio and TV-FM DXing, and yes I have built a few custom-made antennas.
    [SIZE="3"]Haley[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Baker View Post
    IMO there is no better way to unwind after a long day at work than coming home and taking a hot shower then putting on a pretty dress or skirt.
    I totally agree. I spend my day operating on peoples' faces in a sterile environment. I wear gowns all day ( the sterile clinic variety) & It's lovely to get out of trousers at home and roll up a really nice pair of smooth tights, then slip into a really comfy short skirt and luxuriate in the feel and sight of those smooth legs emerging from under that pretty skirt.....Then I pop on a nice pair of femme shoes!

As you can tell from my avatar, I'm in shipping.

I worked on cars for a living , came home smelling like grease and oil , take a bath or 2 to get rid of the smell . I would use the most feminine of body washes and lotions and then just dress in drag and sit and watch tv , I would take another bath to get rid of most the smell of the feminine smelling perfumes and lotions and go back and start the day all over again . Made me look foreward to the weekends and holidays . I would and still do come home from work on some days and when the lawn needs cutting or some so called manly choir needs to be done i would try to do it early in the week on a weekday after work so i have weekends to kick back and be fem . However im in Automotive retail parts sales and dont have to worry to much about the grease but still there are occasions i get it on me .

The next and hardest thing is I hunt Deer and Hogs and i fish which makes things a little more interesting as I cant smell all girly when hunting or i will spook what im hunting with the fem smell and perfumes and yes i do process my own meat as well . The best thing about smelling fem is the fishing part though . LOL

But keep this in mind I dont see anything a man can do that a woman cant and vise versa workwise that is .