Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What triggers the need to dress up en-femme

What triggers the need to dress up en-femme

I am not sure how best to word the question I have...so here goes...

Sometimes I get in a mood where I really don't feel the need to dress up en-femme. I classify myself as a CD and have CD'd since I was 6 ot 7. That adds to up to well over 40 years!!!

I was in that mood right up until lunch time today. I live in a major Canadian city and today was the first really sunny warm day for a number of days. I went for a walk in the downtown area at noon and was awe struck at all the woman in sexy, summer office attire...short skirts, sexy tops, tanned legs and high heels (my dream outfit). Well, talk about snapping me out of my funk!

I now can't wait for the next chance I have to get dressed up.

So, my question is: Do any of you CD'rs have "trigger points" such as this that set you off on a CD rampage? If so what are they?

I would love to know.

My interest in CD'ing began when I was 8, and my older cousin showed her bedroom and flaunted her wardrobe and jewelry, and she was just so "la la, look at me...aren't I pretty?" I just liked what I saw. The earrings on an earring tree, the dresses in the closet, the frilly lacy bedspread, the smell of the perfume. All looked cool to me....how does she get away with it? I thought. Why can't I do that?

Her brother, my other cousin, the only thing I found fascination in his bedroom was his electric guitar and amp.

Women wear cool clothes, they have infinite variety, and they take over men's world, and mens jobs....that's just the way it is. How about some payback, dammit??!!

For a long time it was more off than on but then it became an obsession to the point it consumed my life from morning to nigh and again until morning. At that time I knew I was TS so I sought help and never looked back. My trigger points was when the new sale catalogs showed up as the first half of the catalogs are for the women. No one thought much of my paging through them as I was married with two daughters.

I started CD'ing what I was around 12, my parents caught me and told me it was a sin, I stopped for 10+ years, this year I started working with a woman that wear such great outfits, I'm a bit jealous. well needless to say that restarted my desired to crossdress, and I just want to drive right in, so much so I'm seriously wondering if I want to transition to a female... now I find myself looking of website of stores for fem clothing, hoping to build a small but very nice fem clothing collection... I also need to learn how to use make up correctly...

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Great question, Niki!

Quote Originally Posted by NikiMichelle View Post
    So, my question is: Do any of you CD'rs have "trigger points" such as this that set you off on a CD rampage? If so what are they?

I would love to know.
    So would I! I started dressing out of the blue at age 50+!

Everything, anywhere, any time, that involves women, seem to be My trigger points!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    The start of every new day is my trigger every new experience I go through
    makes me want to keep dressing,It's a great part of who I am,and don't want it to ever stop.

Sophie xx
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

[SIZE=2] I'm not a CD but I'll answer anyways. I turn to (or turn into, or allow to 'surface') the girl inside when I get fc'd over by a GG friend or gf or (soon 2b) ex-wife. This maltreatment has been happenning quite regularly of late so I've been 'giving it up' to Annaliese more than ever. For me its not just about donning a dress. It's a kind of self-surrendering that goes on where I go 'under' as she awakens. Once on top it's all her even tho i'm still aware. Her mind-set is very different, and when she's 'in-control' she's Really in-control, if u know what I mean. It's a complete TRAN-sition.

Point is, the clothing is ancillary. She's a girl so naturally she dresses as one and it's no big deal. There's no special 'thrill' to wearing womans clothing or need to focus on "CROSSDRESSING" as though that is the point of anything. Anyone can wear anything but the outer garment doesn't make the person. Like...you put on a helmet & jersey, are you a football player? If you put on a cap and mit, are you a baseball player? Um...no, I don't think so. But yeah, cuz you're not a ball player you may get a thrill pretending and therefore place much emphasis on what you're wearing. But the professional football or baseball player doesn't. They wear what they wear because it's simply what one wears being what they are. When a transition happens in me, especially for the reason I've given (the trigger u speak about), it's a complete transition: not the simple act of donning female clothing; not me the man pretending to be a girl; not an act or fantasy. I'm no longer present when she 'surfaces'.

We are two independent and completely different individuals. She's a very confident worthwhile person, sexy as hell, interesting and edgy - and the fcd-up guy I apparantly am to my GG-ex and bi-GG gf is back in some corner subservient to her - gladly so, actually. It's peaceful when she's in control. Sounds weird but she turns me on like you wouldnt believe. Hell, I'd fc her in a minute if I could but men turn her off completely i,e, she's totally into girls. After all this talk I feel her stirring inside me, getting aroused, but...god, I'm too effin tired just now...goin to bed in a sec so doesn't make sense to 'let her out'. Gotta go to sleep now...[/SIZE]

Trigger points?

If I see a girl that has a physique similar to mine or face shape (the poor dear!) how she is dressed and made up is a massive trigger a girl dressed as I like or with similar character traits especially is a trigger.

The fact that I don't particularly "like" myself as a guy the feeling of escapism is a major trigger as I can be another person etc etc etc very freudian!
    Gillian.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

usually, I have to think about cding. But once I make a conscious thought its full throttle from there. Or I see something, and wonder how I will look wearing it.

In the closet - for now. Shadeauxmarie's Avatar
    Actually, stress (usually work related) causes me to want to dress to relax.
    May you live long and prosper.
    Infinite diversity in infinite combinations.
    "Smiling makes my face ache." F. N. Furter

Mt trigger is getting out of bed in the morning that's all I need to want to dress Niki.
    Angie

I would love to know.
    Waking up does it for me...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

thinking about the dress I bought the other day, the skirt, the blouse, been in the fog of late and my wardrobe closet has expanded greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillian View Post
    Trigger points?

If I see a girl that has a physique similar to mine or face shape (the poor dear!) how she is dressed and made up is a massive trigger a girl dressed as I like or with similar character traits especially is a trigger.

The fact that I don't particularly "like" myself as a guy the feeling of escapism is a major trigger as I can be another person etc etc etc very freudian!

I have exactly the same triggers of Gillian... I am glad I am not the only one and lately I will add to the triggers the desire to have again intimacy with a guy

Banned Read only
    I'm not sure if there are any trigger points.

Cleveland, Ohio, the so-called 'north coast'

trigger points?

breathing

My trigger point?

Opening my eyes and getting out of bed.
    Samantha.

Samantha K
    It's so hard being me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]Now I shout it from the highest hill,
    Even told the golden daffodil.
    At last my hearts an open door,
    And my secret love's no secret anymore.
    [/SIZE]

See Sams pics at;
    http://cid-b4480c99b9b4cdd9.skydrive...e.aspx?lc=1033

I started crossdressing late,I was 11.Like you sometmes I really need to dress and sometimes it doesn't cross my mind for awhile.I have not noticed a trigger .

Knowing that I will be alone in the house for a couple of hours does it for me every time.

I am self-employed and also live alone. I usually go out 3-4 times a day to meet my clients. My day "starts" when people get off work (consulting/training).

After my last client of the day, I get in this mode similar to when I was in high school...driving home with the knowledge my parents had left for the week-end and I had the house to myself. By the time I get home, I am ready to rock-n-roll.

It never seems to get "old", regardless of the number of times I play out that "fantasy".

Maybe I will outgrow it when I grow up...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

With many of us it happens when we get in touch with feelings we equate with being "feminine". Many times we feel we need to "act out" the part for it to be genuine.Societal conditioning plays a big part in this I'm afraid. The goal should be to get around all of this and be comfortable with who we are and all of our feelings.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Niki,

What triggers the need to dress?

Lets see.

Probablly the best answer is

getting born.

Danni

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

No single trigger for me

I wish I knew. Sometimes it's as simple as just waking up and wanting to dress so I can leave lipstick prints on that first cup of coffee. Other times it's the end of a long stressful stretch when I know that finally I can shower and relax. Sometimes it's just having one new thing that I picked up at a store and wondering how it will fit in the rest of the wardrobe.

It's probably always buried here somewhere, but since it is awfully complex and probably dynamic, it is exposed differently in different situations. No single trigger will explain the whys of this behavior. It's the same for where it came from, probably multiple things coming together, layering up the foundation until just being fascinated by girls wasn't enough.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Stress. My trigger is definitely a reacting to stress.

Or getting new clothes or shoes.

One more for the "just waking up in the morening crowd.

I really wish I was in a position to go full time.