Thread: My first time out in public ;D (at night, lol)

Smile My first time out in public ;D (at night, lol)

Hi everyone, today I decided that I had had enough of dressing up and having nowhere to go, so I actually went out for the first time even though it was at 9.30pm lol...I drove around to some places that I know won't have too many people around, went to the beach which was deserted and went for a walk along the harbor. People driving by did see me but they didn't stare or anything (phew). I was walking around some well lit areas which kinda made me nervous because I really don't know how passable I look so this is why I'd like your opinion ;D I've attached a pic to this post...I was wearing Converse sneakers when I went out, not the slippers in the pic, lol (I have no girly shoes )
    Attached Images Attached Images

Monica
    Haley u look so passable and there is nothing you need to worry about the crowd there...so glad that you made it to go out and had fun... Loved the outfit too

You look femme to me. Be careful when you go for a walk. We're all at risk when we walk alone at night, dressed femme or in guy mode.
    Dana Fleming

I see no reason you should be concerned about your appearane in public. You look great. You should, however, take precautions when out late by yourself like anyone woman would need. Be careful and have fun.

Congrats on getting out for the first time. You have a lot going for you including your youth. Enjoy it and have fun!

But...

Keep in mind your need for safety. Alone on a deserted beach, you will appear as any other woman out there, alone and unfortunately vulnerable. The risk is real and imagine if the unthinkable were to happen, if you were attacked by some sort of sexual predator and he discovered you were not a natal woman. A horrific picture would likely take a turn towards something even worse.

Again, looking good but for gosh sakes, BE SAFE!!!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Silver Member
    Good for you Haley! Getting out & about can become a habit! LOL Your outfit is fashionable and would blend in with what most GGs in your age group are wearing. Please do consider getting a pair or two of girly shoes, perhaps a low flat style and a pair of mid heels to start. Payless has a good selection at reasonable prices if your feet are not size 10+, & seem to always have a BOGO sale. Most accept you trying on shoes no matter what your gender. Thanx for sharing.

Havin fun learning Ashleythenewgirl's Avatar
    Haley you look fab! good for you for getting out there. Like the others said though, you be careful ok?
    I'm so happy for ya!
    Ashley
    If you want to be my friend I will welcome you with open arms.
    If you want to judge me, stay away and keep your mouth shut.

At 9:30PM you look like a great target. The purb would take you a real GG only to find out you're not. Walking in secluded spots late at night have a certain amount of danger to it. Take care.

Yes you blend very well. Somebody would have another sign to know you were a guy from the ones in the picture.
    Michelle

Silver Member
    looking really good from here

Agreeing with all you totally pass and look stunnin you know you've set your self up for another challenge right? Go gurl!

Silver Member
    Haley, PLEASE take care of yourself. From your pic, there is no reason you cannot go anywhere you want. Deserted beaches, parks, lonely country roads are all VERY dangerous places for women alone. And guess what dear, you look like a woman. Sexual predators actively search out women in deserted places. Contrary to almost every newby's idea, a mall at mid day is probably the safest places of all to go. Deserted areas at night are probably the most dangerous. We would like to see you stick around. Please be careful.

Also, cops assume that a woman alone at night is doing only one thing and that is "working". They will hassle you on just that issue.

Stephie

Go girl go, but remember that you are far safer in crowded areas, dress for the occasion, and keep your wits about you at all times. Its attitude and confidence that matter more than looks though, so build them up.

You look great so please make sure you are with people and not on your own.

Get out there SAFELY and enjoy,

Hugs and good luck
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Hi Haley,

Just echoing what's been said. You look great in the pics!

When I first started my outings, I went to wide open places in daylight but with no-one much around. Safety is an issue here! Then I got to Mall carparks where there were always people but at a distance. I always, always check the place out first!

Look for places that are busy and wear what the other 26 year olds are wearing... you will become part of the crowd...!

But go girl! This is wear the story really starts!

Kaz xx

Aspiring Member
    Way to go Haley! Like everyone has already said you look totally passable. So now that you got your first time out of the way have you already started planning your next outing?

((cute oufit BTW :P))

You look great girl. Please go out where it is safe to be. The more people around you, the safer you will be and remember most people are to busy with there life and what they are doing to be looking to read you! You go girl!

Formerly Deborah Whitney
    Haley, adding another echo ... have you ever felt like you're visiting the Grand Canyon, hearing all these echoes?

You look girly enough to be a target. Night time can be .. risky; I would say, especially if you become the target of a sexual assault, and the "perp" discovers you're a guy. Oops, look out for the reflexive homophobic beating you're about to get!

The biggest risk at a mall at mid-day is to your ego, if you don't pass as well as you'd hoped. Conversely, the biggest risk walking alone at night is not a visit from law enforcement; I think you know where I'm headed ... we don't want to see you bruised, battered, or worse.

I say this, knowing full well that I'm talking out of my *** -- I too go for moonlit walks on the beach, dressed. There are always people around, though, since I live in Minneapolis and do my walking in parks where there are always a few people in different groups.

you look very much like any other girl,so get dressed and shop for a pair of shoes

like everyone else says,alone at night on a beach is not safe place for a girl be careful

I LOVE that skirt.. soooo CUTE...

Thanks for your post.. You just gave me a glimpse of courage in myself to try to go out.. I LOVE the beach at night and I know the area here well, so know where to be to avoid alot of people..

Hmm.. wonder if the wife is drunk enough for me to sneak out enfemme.. Hmm.. F it.. I so badly want to ride my motorcycle, but don't think my wig will stay on for the ride..

OK, maybe not tonight I won't.

Congrats Hayley, you look great.. go buy yourself some shoes to reward yourself.

Aww thank you everyone ;D

You're all so supportive and wonderful Thanks for your words of encouragement! I realize secluded places aren't the best locations for an outing but I'm really scared and nervous about going out dressed up so I thought I'd just start there first...that said, I was constantly looking over my shoulder to see if I was being followed Yes!!! New shoes are on the list next ^.^ and maybe another outing, perhaps to a place with people, lol...if I feel brave enough.

Haley, seriously, looking at your photo I would never suspect you're anything but a regular girl on the outside. Fantastic look and pose. You would have no problem wherever you choose to go. Just be safe.

Again safety first,

I have done it , gone out to a place where there are going to be no people .so I can't say I am any better, but worth remembering , 1. why are there no people there and 2. What would a woman be doing alone in such place late at night.

I know it's hard but I would be a bit braver and go to somewhere a bit more public and remember to be street wise. And re how you look you look just fine . You will be surprised if you went into acrowded public area at night, most people are two busy with there own affairs so they don't even look all they see is the shape of a woman passing by.. Be safe but also have fun

You look fine to go out and convincing, but as said earlier, be careful. Stay in well lit areas and keep your cell phone at the ready. I love to walk the strand at the marina late at night, but am aware of my surroundings. Live Love Dance. A cool gust up the skirt is so worth it.

Formerly Deborah Whitney
    The problem with being an attractive young girl, out alone late at night, in dark places .. you get the drift.

It gets dark earlier and earlier this time of year the northern hemisphere. Perhaps you could go do an outing before dusk, or at the cusp of darkness? Maybe someplace where people go for walks, but not really crowded?

If you live near a harbor, maybe you live in an area with enough people that you could find a friend to go with you. It's hard, I know, but young ladies should have friends with them, or maybe a dog, when they go for walks.

Sorry if I come across a little creepy here, it's not my intention. I myself go for walks after dark, but in well-lit areas, always remembering that unless someone gets really close, they can't tell I'm not a "real" girl, always realizing that I don't really hafta fool anyone, that their own eyes are deceiving them already.