Thread: "The Urge to Purge"

"The Urge to Purge"

Hello everyone,

I know I'm young and some of you may be thinking, "Why is she giving advice?!"

Well, I felt all the things that you girls have felt, in fact I am actually planning on transitioning soon but that's another story for another post.

I have known a girl for about 8 months now, she is up for SRS in Jan. so, she knows all about what I feel so I usually talk to her about what I'm going through. Well, when I was going through my phase of not dressing for an extended period I thought, well..maybe I'm done..obviously I was far from it lol. So I went to talk to her to ask her if this was normal and she said yes, but IF I am truly done to NOT throw out any clothes or shoes, but to put them away until the urge comes back.

She coined the phrase "The Urge to Purge"
    Here is what you do if and when you feel the UtP:
    NEVER throw anything away or donate it etc.., get a big plastic bag or tub and put everything fem that you own in it and put it away. Now I don't mean put it in your closet or at the foot of your bed or something where you have the ability or possibility to see it. I mean put in the attic (double or triple bag it in case of bugs ) or in the basement away, or take it to a friends house and leave it there.
    What this does it allow you to not be reminded of the clothes or the dressing and not feel pressured in any way, and IF..and most likely when..the urge to dress comes back, you simply go get the clothes and there you go. You have just saved yourself a ton of money, maybe even hundreds by not needing to replace things.

I just thought I would post this to help anyone that felt UtP and is wondering if they should. The answer is no..and yes lol.

P.S. Thanks to the girl that gave me this advice that I can share.

Hope this helps,
    Tiff
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I live my life for who I am
    I quit the lie
    left it high and dry
    I am who I am
    And nobody
    Can call me a sham

Aspiring Member
    That's some very good advice. I don't know how many hundreds of dollars worth of stuff I've just tossed over the years beacuse I thought the urge to dress would never come back.

I've heard alot of people talk about purging and regretting it, not really anybody talk about purging and thinking adterwards it was a great idea. From what I gather alot of us try to quit and move on and be a normal guy (ive tried it, didnt work) but maybe we should be more focused on accepting ourselves for who we are and surrounding ourselves with people who accept us and love us. sorry for the rant. one thing I have noticed on here, is that there are alot of 'senior' members on here, crossdressing seems to me to be something that stays with us till death, like it or not. might as well enjoy the ride!
    My theme song........."Cherry Lips" by Garbage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqaUZkf52fs

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have purged a few times, I guess most of us have. What disappoints me more than the wasted money is that many things cant be replaced as manufactures only make a certain product for a short time.