Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The most embassing item you have bought.

The most embassing item you have bought.

Has anyone every bought something and felt amazing self conscious or embarrassed when they did? Or is there any type of item you prefer to get online rather than in person to avoid feeling uneasy over buying?

I used to get very nervous about buying underwear in shops. Trying to almost sneak in and get it. Nowadays I am not as bothered - though I do try and go into the shop that sells the stuff I like when it it should be near empty to make my life a little easier.

Anything else I am totally fine with (be it dresses, shoes, tops, etc), just underwear that causes me an issue for some reason.

Klaire

Smile

for me it would be rings and such.

Klaire,

If it makes you feel better, I was super embarrassed at buying bras when I first started needing them! I didn't even want to stand in the section of the department store where they were kept in case one of my friends from school walked by, let alone going to a specialty underwear store.

I used to get very embarrassed buying hair remover cream (veet in this instance) for no particular reason. The trolley full of shopping including undies, female clothes in what is obviously my size and makeup was only a problem the first couple of times... But the veet, I still have a pang of awkwardness when it's bleeps through the checkout.

Wants Freedom
    I bought a mans thong at a department store once.... Really made me embarrassed...

Ordered a womens one piece swimsuit online and messed up my credit card info and had to call in and fix it and repeat the order and all my info to a live person at the shop. Kinda embarrassing...

I haven't bought womens clothes or underwear in person yet, I can't do it. I worry that ill run into someone I know or people will think im weird.

I bought some mens bikini briefs at Target once and an older lady, had this giant grin on her face and looked at me strangely and said "Now come back now you hear" and kinda stared at me... That kinda freaked me out. I really wanna know what she was thinking...

Have not really been embarassed anymore.

I use to when I was buying bras and panties.

I'm not so much embarassed about buying women's clothes, lingerie and other things, but I am very nervous about being recognized. This closet is deep and dark. I wish I could get rid of it!
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

I used to feel awkward buying bras and panties, but now I just shop like any other girl does.

Probably the most embarassing item has been a purchase of cincher, garter and nylons at "The Broadway" when I was 20 years old. The name of the store should be an indication of how long ago that was...

I was petrified at buying panties and such until I was in a Walmart that had a self check out. I had other items that I scanned and it worked out great. I finally got up enough guts to take some panties and hose (along with a few other grocery items) to a check out stand where a lady was working. I braced for being questioned and to my pleasant surprise she didn't even look up.

Since then, I have gone to major department stores and bought whatever I want, but I am careful to select a check out with a mature lady cashier.

Its gotta be makeup or underwear at first. But, not so much any more since I just don't care so much... actually it works better if you just openly buy the stuff as if you were buying lumber at home depot.
    Chickie

My bra.... definitely the bra... I had very little problem with the skirts and blouses and "clothes" but when me and the Girlfriend(SO) went she had to do most of the work as I was very very very embarrassed. Even buying a frilly laced slip was some how easier then the bra for me.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

not really embarassed, but a bit unsure that first time

There are somethings you just can't do online, and one of them is to get your foundation matched to your skin color properly.

So, one day I decided to do it and walked up to the MAC counter in the Saks store in downtown New Orleans and said that I need some concealer, foundatoin and powder matched to my skin color. There was a definite adrenoline rush, and the positive response of the two young women was wonderful!

It comes down to this: If you are embarassed then "they" are in control. If you take control and stand your ground, the embarassment turns into a very positive energy IMHO.

tina

I would have to say panties when I was 17 years old in male mode.
    Michelle

That first box of condoms! It still bothers me sometimes when I am checking out with other people around me. I can buy anything femme and not worry a bit about it. Go figure!

Pink Pink & more Pink <3
    I used to get quite embarrassed when buying lingre and heels but now I do almost all of my shopping online, free of embarrassment.

Wigs! these can cause me considerable embarassment buying them
    Gillian.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Embarrasing Moments

I really don't get embarrased buying anything anymore. I shop dressed 85% of the time at stores that I have my favorite SA's and it's a fun experience compared to what it used to be.

I can buy anything but I'll admit if the store is busy and you have to stand in line with your purchase to pay for it; well, I get a little ansy then. The older you get the easier it gets.

I was in a adult toy store a few months ago and saw a very large cake pan shaped like a man's penis and balls. I took the pan to the SA and said, "I'm not too good at baking cakes, do you think if I took this over to Walmart's bakery they would bake me a cake in it?" She laughed and said, "I don't know, but could I go along with you so I could see her face when you asked?"
    Last edited by Jenniferca; 08-27-2010 at 02:33 PM. Reason: delete emoticon

For me it is being seen by someone I know. I usually go to stores that are 15-20 miles away from where I live to shop. Once I have been in the store a while the anxiety goes away, then I get that free feeling and enjoy buying any women's clothing. The first time I tried women's clothes on I got a bit nervous but found it is more about me being nervous than the SA or other customers.

More the Incident than the Shoes

I was at a Payless Shoe store, en femme, and was paying the sales person for shoes - he had helped me for about 10 minutes. He asked me for my phone number. He must have seen my male name come up, perhaps with a list of my prior purchases online. The clerk did a double take of me and said "oh...oh...I see......thank you". I left embarassed but also proud that I'd passed (up until that moment).

How about going through the checkout line of your favorite grocery store with a box of tampons or maxipads?

I'm not embarrassed to buy anything....nothing! I thoroughly enjoy walking up to the register at Victoria' Secret, with bra & panties in hand and no one cares. Trust me

The only time I had a wierd incidence was at Nordstroms when a I bough a frilly ruffly cotton nightgown, and the senior SA at the register kept giving me a dirty look.....stupid old bird.

Moral of the story: Sales attendants and store clients don't care what's in your arms, Just buy it!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

second thought

Rachael's post above made me think: I often do grocery shopping and will have personal hygiene products for women in my cart, and they aren't for me.

Does that embarass us, or is it only when it's for us and people might wonder? Is this a psychological issue for us only?

tina

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Believe it or not I still remember the embarrassment I felt when I bought a jock strap when in JR high school.

This was at a time when I was buying. panties, bras, etc and I did not feel embarrrassed at all about that.

I was at Catherine's the other day buying panties. I gave the girl the lame excuse I was buying them as a present for my wife, but duh.... who goes to Catherine's to buy a pair of extra large granny-panties for their wife.... yeah... I doubt strongly she believed me.

On the other hand, they were SUPER comfortable.