Thread: Did something new

Did something new

We went shopping on Saturday..I knew it was more for her than me so I took a deep breath and held his hand as tight as I could and shopped for her, its alot harder than I thought it was going to be.Not the shopping for her, but the trying to find things for her while other people are around, I guess that I am not ready to announce to everyone that I am shopping for womans clothes for my husband and I know that not everyone is watching what we are doing, but I am at that ackward stage of the shopping, I really wish there was a place where we could shop together and both of us feel comfortable. He wanted to go into a wig store but I was unable to do that was not comfortable enough for that step maybe soon, I think that we are working our way to me meeting her, maybe this is my way of getting her ready for me and me ready for her.
    Buttercup

Bravo Bravo! The first step of Many,and the Wig Shop would be the Hardest, it was for us, and I don't think we will do it again, Thats an on line Thing, Its Much easier!

Big Hugs Rena

Fantastic!! I'm glad the shopping trip went well. As far as the wig store goes, it can be easy. Call the store to find out when they are less busy and if they have a private area. It might even help to make an appointment. And if you run into someone you know, going into the wig store, tell them you wanted to see how a new style or color would look. Or go shopping out of town. Good luck and have fun...BJ

Oh gosh

Buttercup,
    You have alot of courage. You're a class act to follow through with the uncomfortable task of shopping for woman's clothes for your husband.
    There seem to be alot of sissy sights on line a few are actually tasteful where you can learn to take on the dominant roll of dressing a living doll. I am not sure but it reads as if you not having much control is troubling you.
    The question I need to ask are you(plural) willing to let you buttercup call the shots of where to shop & what you both are to dresser her in?

Aspiring Member

Smile

When i went to buy my wig, i called a wig store that I had been referred to and chatted to the lady that operated it. She has a beauty salon, but specializes in wigs for Cancer patients and is also very accomodating to the TG population. She has a private fitting room. ( incidently the store was about 3 hours from home )
    When I arrived, the lady made me feel very welcome. She tried on 3 or 4 wigs, before she found one that we both felt was right.
    As for shopping, when I want to go shopping wether in drab or femme, I always go at least an hour to hour and half away from home so there is a lesser chance of bumping into any one I know.
    The first time i went fully femme, and also shopping for ladies clothes femme, was when i was on vacation about 800 miles away from home. Once I realized no one was looking or staring at me, i calmed down, and just acted like it was the most normal thing i did. I go treated like any other Lady, in any of the fashion stores I was into.
    Just shop, act like it is the most normal thing you do, and you will enjoy

Denise

Awesome!

Buttercup, this is fantastic. Way to go! The support of our SO is very, very important to us. Yet I know from visiting with my wife how hard it has been for her. I cannot begine to express my gratitude and love for her. We have grow much closer and stronger in our love for each other by freely communicating about this. It has opened up communication in other areas of our marriage as well. I hope that your accepting has the same effect on your marriage and relationship.

Hugs!
    Victoria Pink

Hi Buttercup, welcome to the forum.

It's great that you are trying to learn more, and do more. It took my wife almost 30 years to get comfortable with being with me to shop for Donna. Well, actually, she isn't really comfortable, but she's a little bit less self conscious about it.

Note that many CDs themselves are self conscious about shopping as well. There's a bit of fear where some wonder what others in the store must be thinking about them, when in actuality, no-one is wondering what you're up to.

Really now, have you ever been in a store, prior to learning about his CDing, and seeing a couple looking at a skirt, blouse or dress, and wondered who they were shopping for?

I can ask my wife that question and get the usual "no" response, but for some reason she's still a little bit less self conscious about it. Hopefully you can get past that point faster than my wife has.

As for the wig shopping, this seems to indicate that your husband has yet to see himself fully enfemme. And you haven't even mentioned makeup.

My wife has quite a bit less anxiety over seeing me in a skirt, etc. when I do not have on makeup and a wig, than she does when I dress fully enfemme (which is quite rare). Without the wig, she can see I am still her husband, just dressed a bit weird. But she visibly shudders when she sees me with makeup on (hey I don't look that bad, do I ).

So, wait on the wig shopping until you get somewhat comfortable to seeing him in a skirt, for example. There doesn't appear to be any need to hurry to see him fully enfemme. And when you do get to that point, go with him to the wig shop to ensure he gets a wig that really suits him. And if you later determine that you'd rather not see him fully enfemme, be honest with him and tell him so.
    DonnaT

Aspiring Member Missy Anne's GG's Avatar
    Hi buttercup,

Wow! You're a good sport!

I go shopping with my husband for female clothes for him and we go to larger department stores or thrift stores where we can blend in. He wanders off by himself, but it looks as if he's trying to find something for me. It's all in the attitude. If we see something he likes, I'll hold it up and say something like "Is this what you had in mind for your sister?" If we're shopping for shoes, I'll pretend they are for our daughter who has a hard time finding a particular size. I guess you'd say we make a little game of it. This is the only way that I feel comfortable shopping for him and we really have a fun time doing it.

No one is going to know, if you just stay cool and go to the places where you feel comfortable. Don't try to push and go into a place that makes you feel awkward.

Keep up the good work. We're all here to support you!

Hugs,

Missy Anne's GG

Proud Wife of Danielle65 Anita Mae GG's Avatar
    Massachusetts (on the Connecticut border)
    good job...congrats....hey at least it's a step forward!!

To dream of the person you would like to be is a waste of the person you are.

Hey Buttercup!

My wife loves to shop for clothes with me. We go wherever and look at whatever ... nobody has ever said anything and I've never noticed any goofy looks from anyone. If she sees something I might like she holds it up to me and says, "Think this'd look good on you?" We always have fun ... which is what it's all about ... having fun and feeling good. Sounds like you guys get along really well ... hope it gets comfortable and fun for you to play around and explore. As others have said, nobody else really cares.