Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Came out to my wife

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Amanda, why do you want to dress only when your wife is away? Judging by her reaction, she seems to be supportive? You might want to consider incorporating the dressing into your marriage rather than keeping it separate.
    Reine, you have a great point. Thank you. For some reason, I'm hyper-sensitive about scaring her off even though she's given me no reason to be fearful. I'm crazy. I just played this through in my mind after reading your post and you know what? It actually feels more natural to not attempt to keep it separate. After all, if I'm not totally open with it I can't expect her to be. Thanks for giving me your perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda22 View Post
    <snip> I knew I should have done this before even considering marriage, but I was denying who I was and purged my few articles of clothing. I thought being in love would make it go away. Isn't that illogical and silly??
    <snip>

Not at all. There is a great passage in Jenny Boylan's book, "I'm Looking Through You" where she tackles why she didn't reveal to her wife, before they got married, that she was probably transsexual, and it comes down to her thinking that love will "cure" her, plus she has this most amazing person about to marry her (him then, of course) and just can't risk losing that. So in one sense you can see it as selfish, perhaps, but can totally understand it.

Having read many of the posts on this forum about the subject, I am so glad I came out as a CD before we married. Even then, as I have become more accepting of myself and started pushing the envelope a little more, by going out, removing body hair and so forth, we have had ups and downs, but communication is the key. I attempt to reassure her that I am not transsexual, which I don't think I am, but she still worries. I self-identify as a bigendered crossdresser, and like to switch between everyday male me, and female me, Kara, so SRS would not work for me.