Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photographer

Oh yes an eternal frustration esp after misplacing the lil remote control to my Canon (S3 IS Powershot). Get that perfect pose in front of the mirror, try to remember it, walk up to cam, press the button, try to get back in pose in 10secs...FLASH! Damn! Didn't get quite set like I wanted! Grrr.. Try again...and again... Ahhh...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lingerieLiz View Post
    Call some of the local photographers where you want the pictures to be taken. If they say yes you should not have a problem. Most just want to mke the money and don't care about gender.
    They probably do want the business, but do they understand the CD client? I'm a professional photographer in the South East UK and I understand the fears and anxieties my clients face, be it a normal portraiture shot or a CD portraiture shot. As I also CD I think I have more relevant experience too.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    Not to put down professional photo services, but you can take good photos yourself.
    You can, but having the equipment does not make you a photographer. Unless you invest heavily, like I and other professionals did you won't get studio quality shots but you will probably get very good shots.

Quote Originally Posted by faltenrock View Post
    girls, fly me in, I'm a prof. photographer (the truth!) - cheers Doreen
    I'll leave the American market to you

still in training bra Elaine Michelle's Avatar
    1. I connect my camera to my laptop. I have software on the laptop that controls the camera and displays what the camera sees on the laptop's screen. I can control the camera through the software using my wireless mouse.
    2. I put the camera on a tripod and put the laptop where I can see myself pose on the laptop's screen.
    3. I watch myself on the laptop's screen as I pose and then trigger the camera through the wireless mouse that I hold in my hand.
    4. I use an external bounce flash that fits on my camera. I point the flash toward the ceiling so that almost all the light hits me indirectly. This give a much more pleasant picture than light coming directly from the flash.

elaine

Silver Member
    It is easy. Just see which CD's are in your state and offer to take their picture if they take yours. Plus you get to meet people in your area.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlotteW View Post
    I haven't read all the replies so excuse me if I repeat someone elses tips.
    Try to place the camera higher than yourself, pics often look better when shot from above as it forces you to open your eyes. Opening your eyes to look upwards will arch yoru eyebrows and appear softer and more feminine.
    If your camera has a 'slow sync' setting for the flash, use it. It will give a more balanced look to the photograph, facial lines will appear softer and the image will look more flattering.
    Be aware of the background, remove any clutter that will draw the eye away from you, the main subject.

Hope that helps.
    I agree - - placing the camera above you does result in much better pictures. For one thing the head looks bigger in proportion to the shoulders which is a more femine look.

Also, do not rely on just the flash. Turn on as many lights as you can. The result is not so harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by Audreyanne View Post
    I agree - - placing the camera above you does result in much better pictures. For one thing the head looks bigger in proportion to the shoulders which is a more femine look.

Also, do not rely on just the flash. Turn on as many lights as you can. The result is not so harsh.
    Hi Audreyanne,

You don't want your head to look too big though, so stay away from the widest zoom setting, otherwise you can get things closer to the camera looking way too big.

And you're right, more light is good, but if you mix light from household lamps and light from your flash, you will probably get weird color, as the light from the flash is more blue than the light from typical lights in your house which is yellow, although some of the newer light sources in homes are getting a little closer to the color of daylight or flash. If you have a higher-end external flash unit, you can put a filter on it to make its color essentially the same as the house lighting and that will work well. You don't want to use different colored light sources usually.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Quote Originally Posted by pernille d View Post
    i am a proff fashion photographer , and two comments yes you can take good pictures your self and yes a proffessional is worth the money ( not a plug for the trade )
    now the funny bit !!!
    I know how i want my models to look but i can only do that when i look through the lens as i too am hopeless when i take photos myself and after a few atempts of self photos with my proff gear i gave up and i just started useing my compact sat on anything i can find in normal situations as i could not get the photos to turn out the same way as if i look through the lens , so yes its hard to take photos yourself .
    I couldn't agree more. I to am a Photographer and the can not get a decent shot of my self to save my life!!
    Lots of good suggestions here. I would also agree that you should just call a few local Photograhpers and ask them. I bet you will be surprised at how many would enjoy shooting you. I would love to oportunity!! Capturing the freedom and fun we feel when dressed would be fun to shoot!