Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photographer

Photographer

Hi ladies, I've been dressing for a while and doing lots of photo shoots with the webcam or the tripod. I really want to have a photographer. Do you all have the same wish, or have you found ways around it?
    [SIZE="3"] + = Kayla Glass[/SIZE]

Smile photo

I do mostly tripod phots and arms length self portraits. Click my name and look at albums. However, I met some local cds on the forum and got in touch. And now we sometimes get together so we can shoot each other's photos. More fun.

Kayla
    Honey, I share this frustration as well! It is so hard to be a model and a photographer at the same time. I have only used a tripod and self timer which never gives me time to compose the shot...but I do lots of takes!

So no, i have not found a way around this yet. I guess we need to find an understanding friend, another cd....or pay for a complete session with a professional. Good luck!
    [SIZE="2"]Cassie[/SIZE]

Best way I found is to set your camera on movie clip and shoot a short vid, then in reviewing the vid choose frames you particularly like and through windows movie maker save as snap shots or pictures. If you don't know how to, in movie maker, message me.

I'm a portrait photographer here in central Missouri. I know a lot of you are likely no where close to me. But those of you that are I could do something to help ya out, might even give ya a discount over my other clients.

I'm actually toying around with the idea of modeling lately just to get some spending money and, from what I've spoken to with felesarius here on the forums, there are people out there on craigslist that will photograph you in exchange for a CD filled with photos.

Otherwise, I'm about to ask my friend right now if he can take photos of me as Lexi so I can start building up a portfolio. Of course, Alex's other "hobby" is web development and Lexi is also a good web designer so this is right there with my interests

I have gone to two different photographic studios over the past several years. One was by appointment, the other on the spur of the moment.
    Both took very nice pics, but I'm still waiting to find a place nearby for a "glamour" type photo. Noticed I put glamour in quotation marks -- that's because at this point in my life any pic of me that doesn't look like dracula in drag is a glamour photo.
    So, don't be afraid to schedule an appointment at a department store studio or one of those stand-alone places.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Aspiring Member Sasha Anne Meadows's Avatar
    My wife of 42 years is my photographer. She has taken dozens of pics of Sasha Anne over the years. Here are some samples of her work http://www.flickr.com/photos/14128460@N07/page1/

I would really love to have one of those glamour shots experience
    Michelle

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Unlike most of you, I have actually gone to a professional photographer for glamour shots. They don't care whose picture they are taking, just as long as you pay the fee. Of course, without my late wife around to fix my wig and do my makeup, I haven't gone in some time and won't do it soon!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Havin fun learning Ashleythenewgirl's Avatar
    My wife is a self taught amateur photographer and pretty good at it too. But we are not at the stage where she is comfortable seeing me dressed yet. My hope is that one day she will do a photo shoot with me.
    She's done a couple for friends, from mild to pretty racy.
    If you want to be my friend I will welcome you with open arms.
    If you want to judge me, stay away and keep your mouth shut.

How about trying to use a remote with your camera. Some newer cameras do have this option just not many people know or use the feature.

Silver Member
    Call some of the local photographers where you want the pictures to be taken. If they say yes you should not have a problem. Most just want to mke the money and don't care about gender.

Quote Originally Posted by lingerieLiz View Post
    Call some of the local photographers where you want the pictures to be taken. If they say yes you should not have a problem. Most just want to mke the money and don't care about gender.
    Depends, most like you said won't care their in it for the money. But you go to a small town, say like mine with a population of 12k and only 4 other photographers besides myself and those 4 are predominantly christian. You would be surprised how many they would turn away because your CD.

I remember there used to be this one photographer who did Lingerie shoots here in town. They got a really bad rep with the folks here, and ended up going out of business because of it. Most photographers around here would rather not accept us as clients if they knew as if word got out they would likely be out of business quickly.

Me on the otherhand I don't mind one bit if your dressed or not. Is it about the money sure, right now who doesn't need money. But due to the recession I also don't have the luxury of what my neighbors might think either.

If I recall correctly, many of the spas/salons, etc that offer transformation services also take photographs. Maybe there's one close to you.

Hi,

Iv been doing photography for our groups & others who included with in what our groups are doing ,
    so now have a good few that are shown around . on flickr i have some there . of one of the groups im in our Edwardian group .
    if your interested in having a look , use noeleena edwina & or noeleena Loch-head. . i have one chap who will take pics of me when in a group setting other wise as in my pic here Jos will do them. , other wise theres not many of me .

...noeleena...

Photography

When I go the whole hog and make myself up to look as youthfully femme in the face department as well as elsewhere I need to take some pics.

Apart from the 10 second dash, if you are alone it would pay to invest in an electronic remote focusser & shutter release.

I got hold of a Satechi remote specific to my Canon camera which will fire the shutter from up to 100 yards distant. This allows me take pics when I'm reaady, which makes a hell of a difference, also shots from further away than you could manage in 10 secs....e.g. sitting in a boat !

My one wish before I leave this mortal coil is to visit a make-over studio, pay my money, have myself professionally made-up, climb into some really fab. clothes which I couldn't store at home and have myself photographed in proper studio lighting. I'd cherish those pics. till I die.

I haven't read all the replies so excuse me if I repeat someone elses tips.
    Try to place the camera higher than yourself, pics often look better when shot from above as it forces you to open your eyes. Opening your eyes to look upwards will arch yoru eyebrows and appear softer and more feminine.
    If your camera has a 'slow sync' setting for the flash, use it. It will give a more balanced look to the photograph, facial lines will appear softer and the image will look more flattering.
    Be aware of the background, remove any clutter that will draw the eye away from you, the main subject.

Hope that helps.
    Regarding what is written above: Avoid friendly fire, it causes unnecessary tension. Seek clarification if theres any hint of misunderstanding.

Take care.

I usually take my own pics, with the camera on a tripod and set for a 10 second self timer. That way, I can check to be sure I get a good pose, angle, etc. After that, I can use the 3-shot self timer for variations. I've often found that adjusting my camera settings manually works better than the automatic setting. The pics don't look so harsh or washed out. Of course, you'll have to experiment a bit, based on whether you're indoors or outside and the kind of lighting available.

I have a few female friends who are supportive and will take my pics now and again. These always come out much better than trying to do it myself with the self-timer. It's also more fun that way!

When I lived in the city (Chicago), I was lucky enough to have a good friend in the same building who was a good photographer, but most of the time I've used a tripod and self-timer. Some current cameras can use a wireless remote control, which is handy, but you still need your tripod. I have equipment for doing portraits and have done shoots for a couple other CD's, once in my home and once in the other person's home, and I'd like to get that going as a business. I just need a few people to practice on to refine my portraiture skills.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Just my opinion, but for my money, I'd rather spend money on things that will let me take better pictures than paying a photographer. But this has a lot to do with my comfort level about going to a photographer in my preferred style of makeup and dress. I think cd-ing can make you a better photographer, and vice versa. Things to buy, like tripods and cameras with shutter timers and remotes, and lighting equipment. And things to learn, like lighting and background tips. Not to put down professional photo services, but you can take good photos yourself.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Take wonderful pics of YOURSELF, by yourself!

MOST of my BEST pics, and I usually take 1000's every session, r from my videos. I use a tripod and a remote control to turn it on and off.

They usually don't have that, "staged, forced smile", look. I can move around, dance, etc. I'm often pleasantly surprised by an unusual view, or position!

Another advantage to using a camcorder, is the liting and colors r better than my still camera for pictures taken INSIDE! Where the stills often look yellowy or orangy!

I NEVER use a webcam for saved pics! The liting and pixel quality r usually HORRIBLE in those!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I do most of my photos with webcam as well or just my camera.But yes,it is frustrating and I wish that I had a photographer friend to do lots of photosessions.hmm....

i am a proff fashion photographer , and two comments yes you can take good pictures your self and yes a proffessional is worth the money ( not a plug for the trade )

with takeing photos yourself, yes!! a tripod is usefull but not nessasarry a table/ chair will do .and you need to think a bit more about what you are doing and have a good self timer or remote release. you also need to think about that and where to pose so you can get there and stand relaxed in the 10 seconds you have to work with . PRACTACE MAKES PERFECT . just take lots of pics and soon things will fall into place .+ you newbies to heels will learn to walk quite quicly with all that walking back and forth

With having a proff take photos not only are you gong to get quality you are going to get a style that goes with the photographer, so remember to see what the photographer can do ,True most photograhers dont care what they photograph so that would not be a worry of mine .If i was approached to do a CD, session i would find it exciteing as its a subject alone can produce super images with the right ideas , so other photographers might find it too a change fronm photographing weddings and Family shots .( alas there is no one here in DK that has taken me up or asked yet as i have some good ideas in the bag ). If you are happy with standing infront of a proff it will be worth the money , but also invest in a good makeover first if you are going to spend all that money on a photo session ,

now the funny bit !!!
    I know how i want my models to look but i can only do that when i look through the lens as i too am hopeless when i take photos myself and after a few atempts of self photos with my proff gear i gave up and i just started useing my compact sat on anything i can find in normal situations as i could not get the photos to turn out the same way as if i look through the lens , so yes its hard to take photos yourself .

girls, fly me in, I'm a prof. photographer (the truth!) - cheers Doreen