Thread: Looking for your advice

Looking for your advice

A little background: My SO is very supportive and helpful. I have been out enfemme by myself a few times and have been partially dressed (everthing except wig and makeup) in front of my SO. For some reason I am having anxiety over her seeing me dressed and what her reaction will be. She is on board going out for girl time,
    shopping or whatever and has agreed to go to a cd/tg weekend with me. So my question is why am I afraid for her to see me and how can I get over it? The clock is ticking because the big weekend is 5 weeks away. Also what would the best way to acclimate her to being out and about.

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks I would not have made it this far without you girls.
    I believe therefore I can [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The contrast can go from SO's that can't wait to get you made up and pretty to other's that don't want to ever see your femme side. I think you might have a Gem there, supportive and interested in your happiness. So don't make a mess of it.

Maybe just start off slowly. Just wear some shoes, heels or flats, then a top, skirt or even capris. What ever you think you and her would be comfortable with. Slowly move up the ladder to maybe a modest dress. Then maybe a wig. Probably the single most striking thing will be make up. I think a lot of SO's get a little anxious when they see 'their man' with eye shadow and lip stick looking girlie.

If you take it slow and ask her what she thinks each time, you get a better handle on what she's feeling and help ease your mind.

That's just this girls opinion. I think it'll be just fine and you two will have a great time together doing girlie things.

Jen

If you are anything like me... you are a little scared of possibly creating a rift... that your true self... your secret self is something that your loved one won't accept.

BUT you will get over that I think, if she is supportive and she cares it will be just fine, just be ready for her to throw some fashion advice at you. "No don't wear that skirt it doesn't look good on you, try this one" and "That color doesn't go with your skin tone" etc.

I say work with her and come to a compromise and it will be no different then her telling you she hates that t-shirt you always wear around the house ~_^ she will let you know what she is comfortable with and and how much you can dress-up. There is nothing more important then the support of a SO especially a GG willing to help you dress. Trust me I have one and I count my self as blessed.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle James View Post
    A little background: My SO is very supportive and helpful. I have been out enfemme by myself a few times and have been partially dressed (everthing except wig and makeup) in front of my SO. For some reason I am having anxiety over her seeing me dressed and what her reaction will be. She is on board going out for girl time,
    shopping or whatever and has agreed to go to a cd/tg weekend with me. So my question is why am I afraid for her to see me and how can I get over it? The clock is ticking because the big weekend is 5 weeks away. Also what would the best way to acclimate her to being out and about..
    How about asking her to help you dress, and help with the wig and makeup? If she sees it and participates step by step, it should be much easier.

I wish my wife would suggest that I dress and help me with it.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I dress around my wife, I dress in front of my wife, but I get very uncomfortable putting my bra on or off. It sounds silly but it bothers me. I mentioned it to my wife and she said I shouldn't feel that way because she already knows. I guess she's right. time will tell but just her reassurance makes me want to get over it. Maybe you should just talk to your wife about how you feel.

Hi

This is really about you being comfortable with your self , manily because your s o is a woman & dressing , make up & so on is normal & of cause accepts that as part of her life. & being seen by others .

The other side is have you been doing this for years , by the sounds of this no other wise youd not even think about doing it . youd do as we do all the time,

so take your time as said , i would have your s o do your make up comb your hair & pick your clothes out as well , . see we show our granddaughter how to do those things . & yes she gets the clothes make up & what ever sort of , well not quite right . hey shes 7 y 8 m . i did her make up, just have fun doing it , & enjoy your time .

It was no different for me in the begining i knew what i was doing just had to get it right

It took Jos a while to get used to me being dressed now its a every day detail & we are out every where, Jos allways asks me about her clothes , make up . you know its a two way thing ,
    oh yes , its a woman thing,

so the important words are , be comfortable in your self, take your time, & let your s o help you .

...noeleena...
    Last edited by noeleena; 09-04-2010 at 05:49 AM.

Michelle, I know the feelings, my ex wanted to see me dressed when she was accepting my dressing. I tried once, got dressed, but I could not let her see me. I quickly reverted to male mode and never went there again.

I do think that the reason I couldn't was because I felt my ex would become less supportive of me, also I was just to embarrassed to present myself to her.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

It's nearly two years since my wife first saw me fully dressed and I no longer have problems with her seeing my dressed. However, I sometimes get a hang-up if she is watching me GETTING dressed, unless I'm going out and in a rush.
    Regarding what is written above: Avoid friendly fire, it causes unnecessary tension. Seek clarification if theres any hint of misunderstanding.

Take care.

This is something new to you Take it slow when you see she is really okay with it you'll relax and be fine girl. Like being afraid of the dark once you see there's nothing to fear you good with it. And treat that lady good hun she's a keeper.
    Angie.

It is one thing to tell someone you do something but letting them see you do it is quite different , there is almost an imaginary line that you cross when you go from telling to showing as subconsciously you feel that not much has changed when you tell someone but once they see you it all changes from speculation to fact and that can sometimes be quite a hard barrier to cross .
    As always there are two ways of doing it ,( a bit like getting into the water), slowly so that you feel that you are getting use to it , or just jumping straight in , i guess it is a bit like being in control of the situation or just letting the situation be in control of you .
    Ether way you can end up in the same place but one just gives you the option of pulling out at any time .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Update 8/5/10: I did it and we are good to go!

I took the advice of many of you and basically the fear I had was unwarranted. i got dressed today and asked her to help with my hair. She was happy to do it and then we spent the day running errands, shopping, going to the flea market. instead of her being nervous sh was my rock. life is good.

hugs
    I believe therefore I can [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It just takes time. i was the same way with my wifey when I started to dress around her. Maybe 2 years later its no big deal. 5 weeks may be a bit of a stretch to feel completely comfortable in front of her. Honestly, if you can feel more comfortable and be calm and cool then she will probably feel more relaxed as well. Good luck and relax!
    My theme song........."Cherry Lips" by Garbage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqaUZkf52fs

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]