Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stop it or else.............

Aspiring Member

Stop it or else.............

"Stop it or else were through"

What would you do if you heard those words from you're spouse, girlfriend, boyfriend, or anyone else close to you, someone you cared about, someone you love.

Could you, would you stop wearing female clothes for someone. Or would it be a case of "adios".

For me I have no choice, for me to stop would be to deny my true being. Yes I've heard the words before, quite a while ago now, I refused totally to even consider stopping and she is still here. The one thing that I always struggle to come to terms with, is the guilt of how my way of life effects those closest to me.

love mand xxx
    Last edited by mand; 09-02-2005 at 08:16 AM.

Its got close once or twice I guess I could stop for a bit, but permanently nope don't think so

it is a quite a predicament.
    sometimes it seems selfish to do something that bothers the ones we love ?
    when i told my doctor he was being somewhat critical and i said:
    "i didn't pick this out of a catalog"

as was said in another thread "we can stop for a while but we can't make it go away"

Hi Mand
    I would dread hearing those words as I know that it would not be possible for me to be able to stop altogether, it is not like giving up smoking, which I have done. If I was faced with that situation I don't know what I would do. As it happens, I am one of those lucky girls whose wife has accepted my need to crossdress.

love
    Brenda XXX
    Brenda Elizabeth
    A Mayflower lass

It kinda flies in the face of unconditional love, doesn't it? Like Brenda, I'm one of the fortunate ones with a spouse who is accepting and supportive.

However, knowing what I've learned from this site, I'd try never to let myself be faced with that ultimatum. Meaning, if ever again I were in a new relationship, I'd make it know that this is who I am, and will always be, before the relationship becomes too serious.

I'll take the pink one.
    "Just be honest, be faithful and have fun" ~ my wife

StephanieCD
    I've heard that one.

I told her that I was reasonably certain that no one had ever been able to quit. I told her I would stop, easily, for a few months while she sorted her feelings out and did some research - if she promised to actually do said research.

She came around and we started "trying" a few weeks later after joining some discussion groups online. As far as she was concerned though I think it was just too big of a hang up as our relationship steadily crumbled from then on in...

Now things are different.

Mand,

I know you've heard the old expression, "You can take the boy out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the boy." Well, in my way of thinking you can apply that to crossdressers as well. A wife or girlfriend might present a CD with the 'choice' of staying together and NOT dressing or splitting up if he refuses to stop. Depending on how serious the relationship is (married, engaged, etc), the CD might agree to stop to salvage it. And when he agrees to such actions he believes (at that particular time) that he CAN stop it. The problem arises when it wells up inside him again as it most certainly will do. He might continue to abstain from it, or he might begin to dress in the privacy of a hotel room or some other secure loaction. The point is that he will almost certainly dress again in the future. If he DOESN'T, his partner will eventually note changes in his personality like grumpiness, short temperedness, "jitters", and a general restlessness that's sometimes accompanied by a 'quietness' that isn't typical of the person.

It's like you said - stopping would be denying one's true being, and when someone does that it will almost ALWAYS alter their personality to some degree where the person who is causing the 'conflict' is concerned. I can't say for sure, but I would think this is due to the CD's resentment of the person simply because that person refuses to at least try to understand that it's a NEED for the CD to dress, and they are the one who is denying him that need.

Dixie -- http://www.geocities.com/senorita_cd

I would do anything to keep the one I love....

That is all I have to say.

That's a hard one. But, I love my wife. Would I stop? I'd damn sure try. No guarentee that I could. But, I'm really glad that I don't have to make that choice.
    Hugs,

Teddie

Tristen Cox
    I was going to answer but I remember my lovely asked this before and got quit the response:
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=4107

Like you I doubt I could just give it up forever cold turkey. But then again I'm alone and will remain that way until someone who accepts me as I am comes in to my life.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by mand
    "Stop it or else were through"

What would you do if you heard those words from you're spouse, girlfriend, boyfriend, or anyone else close to you, somone you cared about, someone you love.

Could you, would you stop wearing female clothes for someone. Or would it be a case of "adios".

For me I have no choice, for me to stop would be to deny my true being. Yes I've heard the words before, quite a while ago now, I refused totally to even consider stopping and she is still here. The one thing that I always struggle to come to terms with, is the guilt of how my way of life effects those closest to me.

love mand xxx
    Mand ,
    It would be a meaningless promise.
    Insulting myself and my loved ones !

Love Angela XX

Quote Originally Posted by Tristen Cox
    I was going to answer but I remember my lovely asked this before and got quit the response:
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=4107

Like you I doubt I could just give it up forever cold turkey. But then again I'm alone and will remain that way until someone who accepts me as I am comes in to my life.

Coo how do you do it I have tried search an advanced search an all I get is no match found you must have hell of a memory.
    And no Mand still could not do it even for you hun

Tristen Cox
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyah
    Coo how do you do it I have tried search an advanced search an all I get is no match found you must have hell of a memory.
    And no Mand still could not do it even for you hun
    I know where anything that has been posted here is, FIGJAM!!!!!

(besides I know her threads)

Quote Originally Posted by Tristen Cox
    I know where anything that has been posted here is, FIGJAM!!!!!

(besides I know her threads)
    I wish I knew what FIGJAM ment thats the second time thats come up.

Sorry Mand hun

Aspiring Member
    Trust you Tristen , I've already been shown it, don't you just hate it when you repeat a post

To be honest it's kinda an unfair question, how can you promise to stop something that is an essential part of the personality. It would be so difficult, dare I say immpossible to stop being one's self.
    I can only compare it to purging, and a lot on here know how sucsessfull that is
    A very difficult question but it does make you think, "could I?".
    I know I can't.

love mand xxx

I could try,I have had some problems with addiction to pain killers and amphetamines and have also quit drinking,at least for the past 4 weeks.I quit smoking.But,I am what I am;there's no quiting for good at least as a CD.Kicking the other habits was easier than giving up a part of me.
    Love and Hugs,
    Priscilla

Mand

As already been pointed out to you, this question was asked under the heading ultimatium. My response to the question was: -

Good question, when I was first married I had the ultimatium and said I would not do it again of course I did and that lead to the end of my marriage.

Mind of a Woman, Body of a Man, Life is a Bitch

If I were in love with the woman and she was in love with me, if this was the person I could see myself spending the rest of my life together with... I would stop in a heartbeat.

I'm not saying it would be easy, but if I had to make a choice of being with the woman I love for the rest of my life or dressing like a woman and possibly not being with anybody ever again, to me it's not a hard choice to make..
    Charlotte

living life to the full Jamie M's Avatar
    kelly has never made this ultimatum to me but it has been discussed at various stages of our relationship ( mostly the early ones i might add ). I always knew that she's never really liked what i do even though she now has begun to accept it and as such I did try to quit myself and for a long time it did work , but we all know the story , we can hide but we can't stop forever. So here I am , I am me and I'm not going away now.

back to the general question , I think this ultimatum is one of the watershed moments for any relationship. if the GG has to ask this question then the realtionship is probably doomed as it show she doesn't truely understand her partner. i think this all links in to the thread on the effects of purging on a GG . Except in this case it's not the CD whos making a concious decission to stop but more being forced to. In this case the CD is more than likely to feel great resentment for his SO for making him feel that way and then the relationship is really on rocky ground. Anyway just my 0.02
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

My Facebook Page

Pausing To Femme-flect melissacd's Avatar

I was told...

8 years ago I was told to stop and I did to save the relationship. The relationship is still together, however, I (and she) have been at some level of unhappiness ever since (and I know much of it is related to her discovery and my repression). I wonder if the sacrifice is worth it. I wonder if I stood my ground if she would have stayed. I love my wife dearly but I feel that a very important part of me is missing in the relationship.

I now have the difficult task of going through the process again when I get ready to cross that bridge once more because I now know that I can no longer no do it.
    What stop do I get off at? Hmmm...

Chelsea Von Chastity gender_blender's Avatar
    If the individual wasn't interested in the entire package, then I say farewell. Nothing conducive every happens to those who stop cold turkey. This is the main reason I am out to my peers: everyone knows who I am completely; there are no surprises over which to dispute later.

Charlie

I have tried to stop in the past and always came back to dressing, i dont think i could ever stop totally, although i might try if i were put in that situation, it would be very hard never to dress again not sure i could do it.

p.s. Mand babe you are HOT!!!

you look great!! wish i looked half that good
    Lisa Lane.xoxo

Banned Read only
    I can't help but feel most marriages will end in divorce once the secret is out. The acceptance level is just not there. Yes you see a few lucky people here you see their wives post here also but i'm sure its rare.

I lost my wife partially because i'm TS. There were other factors also though mostly due to her wild imagination (bi-polar)

All in all i'm glad she's gone and i can be what i am. She's seen my shaved legs (i didn't do it while married because i'd never hear the end of it) and said "you aren't going to ever get a women doing that"
    My comment...who cares (thinking "who says my next lover will be female" )

Quote Originally Posted by Toyah
    I wish I knew what FIGJAM ment thats the second time thats come up.

Sorry Mand hun
    That's because you don't understand the Aussie lingo! Biddy brought it up in one of her threads and eventually the yanks (aka Tristen) figured it out with a bit of help from the Poms (aka Tamara).

Now i just have to get Tristen onside again to help me with those damn advanced searches!

I will edit this post when i find the thread that explains 'FIGJAM'. You'll be suprised at how common that phrase is when you find out.

OK, here's the thread - http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ghlight=figjam
    Read it carefully!

Christine
    Last edited by Clare; 09-02-2005 at 08:49 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love And Devotion To My Online Family

I'm outa the closet, but still inda house!

Banned Read only
    FIGJAM is FUBAR anyway IMHO.