Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Told the daughter

Kimberly,
    Thank you for all of your postings, your courage (though you may think you are just having fun on your trips), and your example of personal honest and integrity. You have been a real example in helping me begin to "blossom." We can hope that you are sowing the seeds of a new generation that will have tolerance and understanding for human beings who live as they are ... and perhaps your daughter will be leading the way!
    May your life be filled with God's blessing.
    Tara Michele
    And the day came when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
    - Anais Nin

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    Of course my wife doesn't know I've flat out told her yet and THAT might get VERY ugly!
    yeah, that's the part I worry about. Kids in their innocent way are too honest and up front. Sooner or later your wife will know your daughter knows.
    Anyway, I've seen all your great pictures, and you look fabulous. Keep it up!

kim im sorry I just posted a thread simular but my daughter is 24. its amazing how excepting kids are these days congrats
    I am a beautiful, young victorian style lady. Demure, gentle, kind and giving. I love to be feminine in lace and intricate delicate patterns flowing skirts, the kind of sexy that makes you desperate to know what I'm hiding underneath!

Aspiring Member
    Aaww. She's adorable. And now I strongly suggest you tell your wife ASAP. Better she hears it from you. Your kid may not tell your wife fearing she will get you into trouble. And it is too much of an emotional burden on your baby to keep it from her mom.
    Here is an article, and dont be fooled by the title. I give it to all transparents to read.
    http://www.ravenkaldera.org/activism/tgparent.html
    all the best!

You know, I try to be honest with everyone, so I think it's only fair to tell you all that while t seemed like the right thing to do at that very moment, in fact it seemed like the only thing to do at that moment, the more I think on it, the more I think it was the wrong thing to do. . .

Misses Member, Not Junior CallMeMeg's Avatar
    You know, I try to be honest with everyone, so I think it's only fair to tell you all that while t seemed like the right thing to do at that very moment, in fact it seemed like the only thing to do at that moment, the more I think on it, the more I think it was the wrong thing to do. . .
    Life's like that, ain't it?

My worry is how it goes forward. "This is a secret; don't tell anyone" does two things: it adds a burden to your daughter, and it tells her this is something that must be bad if it has to be hidden.

If you had a do-over what would you do?

Aspiring Member
    Slow down there big sis.......

Ok....First as a daddy too.....Never regret the truth, no matter what...ever

second.....Your daughter has repeatedly asked about the clothes and all your pretty things.....she knew before she asked!....im telling you!...i have a very gifted 8 yr old too, if she asked, i would not lie to her. Our children spend a great deal of time with us as parents, they see little minuscule things that we as adults do not,because they are in a constant motion of learning. Part of learning is formulating your own opinions using free thought to produce logic, your daughter has done exactly that......."dad has girl clothes and all these pretty things....what do people do with pretty things....they wear them"..............We tend to think children are in their own world, when in fact they are completely engulfed in what makes up ours... Lying to her or giving her a half truth only sets the stage for her to learn that it is ok to hide things from other people in fear of ridicule.

You told her proudly, factual, and honestly.

Your her hero....no matter what you wear

From one father to another,
    -Donni-

"Buyers Remorse"?

you have to be a realistic.,it's only a matter of time before she found out on her own. you leave from the house dressed . Kids sleep patterns change.at some point she would have found kimberly instead of Poppa. choosing the correct time there's nothing wrong with that !
    Sally

I believe the earlier the telling the better.

She's had questions, and would have continued to have them. It's quite likely that she would have come to the right conclusion in the future, but might not have taken it so well, depending on what she may have learned about how boys and girls should act from other sources, like playmates, or even teachers. You are in Texas.
    DonnaT

I remember my friends daughter, when she was about 8, finding a pair of high heels in my wardrobe. She asked me if they were mine, I said yes, and she then said 'why don't you put them on now?' Kids are great.

Not sure where I am yet Jay Cee's Avatar
    I think you handled it very well, Kimberly.

Personally (if I had kids), I'd probably not have much problem telling a 7 year old daughter about crossdressing. A 7 year old son? Bit of a different story:

"Bet my dad can beat up your dad!"

"Maybe", my son responds, "but I bet he is prettier than your mom."

Aww... I'm glad that she had such a positive reaction! xxx
    I am only a cross dresser when I don't crossdress!

About Me: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...595#post306595

"I don't want the world to see me, cause I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am" - Goo Goo Dolls

[SIZE="3"]www.HappyDressers.com[/SIZE] - Where cross dressers go to be happy!

i'm planning tp spend some time with one one daughters and i was planning to her about me, so i'm glad you posted this. thanks
    wish me luck
    janielatb: I'm in love with the person inside me.

Hi Kim,

What's done is done but it was done on your terms as it should be. It will likely take a while for the dust to settle but it will. Your daughter clearly loves you as a person as she should. I think you were very brave, and right.

And you wrote it up beautifully
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

well, you're still posting here with us, so you wife didn't kill you!!!

Silver Member
    May want to mention the coversation to your wife ASAP, even if it does "get ugly" it will get uglier if you don't tell her soon, assuming you haven't already
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Ground work

Hi Kim,

You've done one very important thing with your daughter. You've laid the ground work in regards to trust and honesty. I do suspect you've been doing this all long. But it does reinforce all the principles your children have been raised with. Which will go along way in their lives, and will be passed on to their children.

Renee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [SIZE="2"]Huggs, Renee [/SIZE]

Kim all will right with the daughter but you must tell your wife before your daughter does. Or she well be mad at you first for telling your daughter and second for not talking it over with her before you did it. She may have wanted some say into when how to tell her. So don't delay her that your daughter ask you and you told her. Before she finds out on her own.
    Its been my experience that wives don't like those type of surprises

Kim, your daughter sounds pretty mature for her age, which is certainly a tribute to the nurturing you and your wife have given her. You probably made the best choice you could have in a tough situation, and I think your wife will understand that--and will appreciate that your daughter learned her daddy loved her enough not to lie to her.

Lallie
    Time for a change.

Good For You Kimberly! It takes a real set of stones to do what you did but I hope your daughter will never hate you for dressing. All my kids are adults now and I still heven't progressed to the point of coming out to any of them. I have three sons and three daughters, I don't know if my sons will accept me but I have one daughter who is probably the most liberal of them all and I'm considering coming out to her. Perhaps now that your daughter knows she'll start asking you for fashion advice.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

To be honest, it sounds like your daughter really wanted to know. It didn't make sense to her why all these pretty clothes were hanging in Daddy's closet, and she wanted to know why. She sounds like a bright little kid, and I know at that age I HATED it if anyone refused to tell me what I wanted to find out the answers to. I know your wife will want to protect your daughter, and may not be happy about this - but it really wasn't about your wife in that moment. It was about your kid wanting to know about you, and pressing it until she got the answer that was satisfactorily complete. I agree with you, you can't lie about yourself to the people you love and with a direct, repeated question like that - it was the right time to tell her. It's a bit of a shame you didn't have a chance to discuss it with the wife ahead of time - but I'd say your reaction was top-notch, don't second-guess yourself.

I am NOT a junior sob sob Edwina's Avatar
    Kim, as Babeba said "don't second guess yourself" You were in a situation where there were only two choices, fabricate a story or tell the truth. You did the correct thing. If you had tried to make up something off the cuff you would have fallen flat on your er face when she started analising it. As a father of two girls and now five granddaughters I can vouch for that. They have a way of thinking that defies adult logic.
    Guess you are just have to prepare a humorous report for your wife and hope she sees the funny side.
    and good luck

Edwina

You did good Kim. My niece has asked me a few things, and I wish I had been more open and honest. She got older and stopped asking, but I'm sure hasn't stopped noticing.

Kim, just stop it! You can't beat yourself up for doing the only thing you could. Just how could you stand there and lie to that child, when I know both you and your wife have told her it's wrong to tell lies no matter what. You have to live what you teach your kids, or they will know you to be a hypocrite, and no one likes those. Sure your wife maybe angry for a while, but I bet when she has time to think about it, and see that your relationship with your daughter is still intact, and she's alright with it, then maybe she will forgive you not waiting for her to get home. I have a granddaughter just a little older than your daughter, and she amazes me all the time with what she notices, and how she process what she sees. For a guy in a dress, you make a damn good father, we have all enjoyed your story's about her for a long time, and they are filled with your obvious love for her!
    Tina B.

Kim sorry about the guy in a dress crack, just trying to make a point, you sure don't look like a guy in a dress!