Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A friend's idea of Halloween

A friend's idea of Halloween

I wasz talking with a very cute GG friend that doesnt know I cd and she just so happens to own a bridal shop,,, we chatted about the upcoming Halloween party and I told her I still have no clue what to be,, she said that she thinks I should be a bride or a prom queen,,, said that she will lend me a dress or give me a dis continuded one in the back room,, told me that if I decide on that then she will open her shop up just for me to find one that fits,,, I cant come clean to her but would like the opertunity to be in a bridal shop trying on,,, I just dont know if its a good idea or not... she might read me on seeing how much fun I am having...
    Only friends can call me Amy,,, so if your reading this your a friend.

The Band QUEEN Quote " I want to be free"

I would be standing at the door all ready.

Thumbs up

Tell her you'll give it a try, no commitment. A fantastic opportunity !!!!!
    Please keep us posted !

Beth
    Oh, how I wish....

Misses Member, Not Junior CallMeMeg's Avatar
    Try it, and then tell her how fantastic it is and you'd maybe like to do this more often. It's less than honest, but it'll certainly give you an idea of how she feels about cds.

In my (limited) experience, women who do makeup, hair, clothing enjoy the challenge of making a guy look femme.

I would be all over that offer trying on those wedding and Prom dresses!!

Do you think she might suspect that you are a CD?

Rch

looking for friends Chrissy be good's Avatar
    Tell her your cousin from Boston was going to come up and hang out with you, and you'd love to convince him to do it too. I'll be right there hahahaha

From the response of all the other girls, Me included, I think we could have our own party at the Bridal Shop. Go for it! You will regret not going for the rest of your life.

This is one of those events which if you don't take her up on it that you will regret for the rest of your life. You are going to get a prom dress or a bridal gown to wear to halloween and you don't know if you should. Quit thinking and just do it. If you out yourself then go with it. Sounds like it ok with guys in a bridal gown.
    Michelle

I know I'd be terrified, but how many times will you ever have a chance to do something like that?

What a lucky gurl you are.

Ask her to help you with all the makeup and stuff.
    Ask her should you get a big bra? corset, hose? color? wig?

This could be fun.

Okay, Like everyone else is saying here, go for it. I do have one additional bit of advice. As some have said ask about wig, bra, and all other things like make-up. Just when you ask these things act as unknowing as you can...don't act like you know what bra size you wear, or anything. You know nothing...At least that is what you have to have her believe, if you want to stay as an undressing man to her. Oh and when you tell her that you would be willing to try, ask her why she ever thought about prom dresses for you as a costume......

I really don't think you should do it. If you find yourself having fun and she figures out that you've been dressing from the other side of the isle I'm afraid that the earth might tilt on its axis, the moon would fly off into space and we'd all be toast.

So let me give you a suggestion, give her my number and tell her that you think I'd enjoy her offer.

One last comment: ARE YOU CRAZY, GIRL?

just go for it

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oilpainter35 View Post
    Okay, Like everyone else is saying here, go for it. I do have one additional bit of advice. As some have said ask about wig, bra, and all other things like make-up. Just when you ask these things act as unknowing as you can...don't act like you know what bra size you wear, or anything. You know nothing...At least that is what you have to have her believe, if you want to stay as an undressing man to her. Oh and when you tell her that you would be willing to try, ask her why she ever thought about prom dresses for you as a costume......
    THIS. Be stupid. Ask if you should wear your boxers/briefs under it. Stuff like that. If you do anything like shape your brows or shave your legs, you might either want to let them grow a bit before you're under the microscope or be ready with the 'Well, I knew I'd need to do it for this" type of excuse. Have fuN!
    —Mikaela

Aspiring Member
    I'm in the camp that says don't hide who you are or lie. (Why can't you come clean to her?)

One of the most positive experiences I had was going to David's Bridal and trying on several downs (looking for something to wear to the TGEA Holiday dinner). I did call ahead and was told that they had no problem selling to a guy. I showed up in drab (but with everything I needed for a quick transformation) and was welcomed. After putting on my finishing touches, tried on several gowns with good advise from the woman fitting me. I would not recommend trying on any gown in drab. This was 10 years ago!

If this woman offered her services, The least you can do is be honest. I'm willing to believe you would not be the first crossdresser she fitted.
    Warmly,
    Sheren Kelly

OH MAN!! I would be there waiting for her to open the door!
    sounds like a dream come true!!
    Don't forget the white hosiery, garter, etc.
    [SIZE="2"][/SIZE]

Desiree

Go for it. I'm thinking she already knows

I dress to feel pretty Tina P Hose's Avatar
    I don't know but I more than likely would take her up on her offer.
    From Madrid to Montreal that underneath it all that Tina prefers pantyhose

You mean you don't already have bags of shoes and accessories packed for various situations?

I can be to Saco in a little over a day...
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
    Oscar Wilde

Definitely go for it... if she's offering, you have nothing to worry about and I would assume she senses something in you anyway... I can't ever imagine a situation like this coming up for me... (forget the fact that I don't know anyone that works in a dress shop )
    VS Fan

What a great offer. Go for it and be open with her. She may already suspect or know and you are presented with a great source for future clothing.

And you can't have fun? Why? You can have fun and enjoy it! You can dumb it down a little and ask stupid questions, but take her up on it and enjoy it!
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Aspiring Member
    hmmm, seems it was her idea.....if she told you to go as a girl for halloween, she already expects you to play the part.......and being in her position in the fashion world i would suspect she wouldnt even suggest it if she thought she was putting a masculine man in a dress....

Above all else just be yourself have fun with it

Quote Originally Posted by Sandygal View Post
    I would be standing at the door all ready.
    +1.