Thread: Glad to find you.

Glad to find you.

As I read the posts here i begin to realize there are a lot of crossdressers like me who have to keep it to themselves as well as those who risk all and go all out.
    Does knowing there are so many others in this world like us help you,I know it helps me.
    Thank all of you.

The reason it helps me to know that there are others is very simple. It affirms that I'm not crazy, weird, twisted, or any of the other horrible labels that the not-so-understanding people are all too fond of sticking on us. So OP, how do you feel knowing that there are others who are similar to you in some ways?
    If I don't make changes happen for a better tomorrow, then who will?

Yes, I am in total agreement, knowing I"m not alone. This forum is incredibly helpful in understanding cd'ing. When there was little to no information available, it was easy to think the worst about yourself. This forum has been a big help to self acceptance.

Yes it is a great help and a comfort to know there are so many of us out there, and that I can visit this site and prattle on about stuff.
    "She snuck up on me from behind. You'd think women would make more noise with those big high heels, but they don't, they've got this stealth thing going..."

In the long run - no. How many times have you gone out to see another cd'er? I have seen only a few and I think most of them were transitioning and just hadn't finished. So when you go out in public, you are usually out on your own unless you are with a group. That's why I created a meetup group in Denver. It is very scary going out and sometimes you just need another person to help get you out the door. Plus it is so much more fun with you are with others.

Besides closeted cd'ers don't go out and the closet is very lonely.
    Michelle

Gold Member
    I think that is a bit too "global" for me. What helps me is having the interaction. So it isn't that there are millions of us in the world. What helps me are the thousands here or the group that I get to meet with locally. The learning and the sharing of experiences make me more comfortable.

Yes it does, I've been on one site or another for 14 to 15 years now, and I never get tired of seeing just how many of us world wide that have been able to connect. I disagree that for us closet CD's it's lonely. I'm happy here at home with my wife, and have no reason to venture out. And if I want to talk about things beyond my wife's interest, I have here. I'm one of the old ones and remember well beyond the INTERNET, and it has made a world of difference to me.
    Tina B.

This foram and the good people on here have helped me finally accept who i am still keeping it private but at least not from myself thanks to u all

Glad to be here for you. It has helped me a lot.

Im so glad i found this site .its helped me see that im not alone in this world .and that we all know how much this means to us all,im so glad to be here and just sharing my feelings here is great .Thanks from the bottom of my heart im never going to leave here .thanks for accepting me for who i am .love you all BIG HUGS

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    Im so glad i found this site .its helped me see that im not alone in this world .and that we all know how much this means to us all,im so glad to be here and just sharing my feelings here is great .Thanks from the bottom of my heart im never going to leave here .thanks for accepting me for who i am .love you all BIG HUGS
    i dont think i could say much more...i was so thrilled to discover this site and really want to make the most of everything on here, the knowledge, making friends and just exploring this wonderful little world we all inhabit...

Hello Melisa!
    Welcome to the forum! I hope you get as much out of it as I do. From your post it seems that you already enjoy the knowledge and camaraderie of having so many of us here to talk about things. For me just being able to write something about CD and having so many others understand my feelings was wonderful. I was not alone. That was two years ago. I still enjoy coming here to read and discuss things with the fine people here...both wives, fellow CD and others.
    Charlie