Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many of us don't like the male reflection in the mirror?

How many of us don't like the male reflection in the mirror?

As I was getting ready for work last week I looked in the mirror and was not at all happy about the face that was looking back at me.
    My question is this, do any of you girls feel the same way?
    A prisoner in a kings disguise - Styx

only when i am dressed enfemme

Aspiring Member
    Every single day, time to change that problem.

This got me thinking - probably not least cos I have been wondering about this very topic a lot over the last couple of weeks.. buts that another story all on its own.

In answer to your question, I don't feel the same way. I enjoy both sides of being who I am (ok, sounds a little creepy I know). It took me a long time to come to grips with Sian and what she means to me but I have come to realise that I still very much enjoy my male self and everything associated with it. I enjoy all the manly things I do but have come to embrace Sian and realise that she is my means of escaping the mans world and relaxing and pampering myself. Now dont get me wrong - I'm not saying that girls have it easy its just that I dont take part in that world (career etc) as Sian. She is my gentler side so to speak and enjoys time by herself.

This may all have something to do with the fact that I will never pass with my physical stature or maybe that I am just to scared that I will lose people that mean the world to me if they ever found out about Sian but its also that after countless hours of introspection, I finally comfortable with who I am.

Sian may one day venture into the big bad world with like minded friends but I somehow dont think that it would change my position - rather just broaden my horizons

Sian
    Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in HEELS!

Quote Originally Posted by gretchen2 View Post
    Every single day, time to change that problem.
    I am starting to feel that way now. I didn't before.
    A prisoner in a kings disguise - Styx

At my age there is no daily alternative to making the best of what remains of the hunk who was 40 years younger way back in the 'sixties. I'm still using the same brain, so of course I don't like what I see there.

When the opportunity presents, however, the CD-ing allows me take off into the world of fancy and on go the make up, femme clothes and hair (wig) and for the rest of that day I'm Maryesther, looking at least 25 years younger. That's nice!

It's not that I dislike how my face looks minus makeup and wig, it is that I like my made up face more. When in my makeup my eyes stand out much more...I HAVE EYEBROWS lol (blond eyebrows all but vanish in many instance, as do blond eye lashes), my lips are well defined (why only women are encouraged to define their lips is so beyond me, women like mens lips too) I have always desired long dark hair, which has always been denied me for the most part, despite the compliments I get when I do grow it out.

I feel that way. Have for many years Yet, when I'm CD, I LOVE my reflection and often wish I was really the beautiful woman I see looking back at me, minus the male flaws of course.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

I think u have 3 choices, Karin.

1. Get used to it.
    2. Change it.
    3. Stop dressing.

I couldn't do No. 1. And I was thinking about doing No. 3. Finally, I decided to do No. 2!

That was about 14 years ago. And I've been VERY HAPPY with my mirror ever since!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I have been staring at the mirror all my life and only until recently noticed that every time before I would totally cancel my face from registering. Sort of preventive mechanism of some sort. But with my decision to finally transition I am obsessed! And yes I utterly despise the old wrinkled bloke who dares to look at me from the other side. I want him to go away, like for ever, but somehow he is persistent. It all is emphasized when I look in the mirror in full fem, and see what is possible but I want it when I awake in the morning and walk by the mirror in the hallway and with eyes half opened see Alexia with her hair messed up from the night and no foundation and no color and yet see her beautiful glow, but for now that remains my wish.

The male aspect of me is something that I cannot deny. While Lexi is beautiful and all these other things, I know full well that Alex is really the brains behind her. I'm not going to get into a lot of discussion as to the how's and why's of how Lexi came to being since I've stated it plenty times over, but I feel that part of me still identifies myself as a boy but part of me identifies myself as a girl. I am a blend of both, and I'm proud that both my boy and girl selves can co-exist in harmony.

I hate it so much, it almost brings me to tears somtimes

I agree alot with what Lexi said, and Sian, and Doc wrote, but sometimes feel like you others said. Accepting the hard realities. of this world, I know i am male by body, and part of my brain. But, have always been different, and super sensitive, like a lady. I like sometimes, to be the rugged bloke, who fixes his car, goes fishing, other blue collar work. And, i can take satisfaction in that. A GG could, too. But, I sometimes regret that I could not have been a lady. Men are restricted in many ways now. The male energy is under attack, as never before. Society exalts the feminine energy, now. Maleness, is in the ashes now. GG's are flying on cloud9! When i get all made, and dressed and I feel like a beautiful lady! I am on cloud 9! Variety is exciting! To learn to enjoy the drab times, and have that swell dressing escape, makes it not so bad, to endure the balding bloke in the mirror.

little place called Delaware, southerly from Philly Pa.
    Quote Originally Posted by LitaKelley View Post
    I feel that way. Have for many years Yet, when I'm CD, I LOVE my reflection and often wish I was really the beautiful woman I see looking back at me, minus the male flaws of course.
    I couldn't have said it any better than Lita

I think a lot of people feel like this from gg's to gm's to cd's.

It seems that the majority will find a flaw in themselves.

If you don't like your facial reflection, then you could always change your makeup style.
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

No, I don't like what I see in the mirror, so consequently I never if possible look in one. :-)

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure that I have not always detested my male anatomy. to the best of my recollection, before I was about 6 or 7 I was ambivalent about it and before the age of 2 I don't think that I detested my anatomy at all. Because of that baggage, I always thought that I was going to be an ugly old woman, but I am having to learn that it ain't necessarily so. I have even had people who knew Robert comment on how much prettier Rianna is, although my favourite remark from someone who knew the old me was published in a recent newspaper article:

Apart from the obvious, meeting Rianna is almost exactly the same as meeting Robert – she is shy, polite, self-deprecating and quick to smile.
    True it doesn't mention how ugly Robert was, but it gives me a warm feeling inside
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Platinum Member
    It happens now and then. At times I wish I could just be prettier and younger, but I suspect most women feel much the same way.

I'm digging my pretty awesome sideburns right now lol

I only don't like my male reflection when I'm dressed up en femme. When I see that, I get very discouraged and usually undress and call myself names lol
    removed

I hate mirrors for the fact that I always see the masculine face I have. The longer I stare at it, the stronger the negative emotions become and eventually I'm fighting the urge to break the darned thing. >.> All within about 5-10 seconds. so, normally I try to not give a mirror the time of the day.
    If I don't make changes happen for a better tomorrow, then who will?

I'm always disappointed when I see that reflection.
    Conversely, I'm always elated when I see Cheryl looking back.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

To be honest, I don't have to like it. MY GG friends seem to and that is pretty much what counts.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Karinsamatha View Post
    As I was getting ready for work last week I looked in the mirror and was not at all happy about the face that was looking back at me.
    My question is this, do any of you girls feel the same way?
    every day of the week... but ive progressed beyond just a CD....

Where's my Millionaire?? Kendra (Tx)'s Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]It's not that I dislike my male reflection in the mirror ( in fact that sometimes that I do dislike it)...But I much prefer Kendra's relection looking back ..I've said in the past...I make a MUCH better looking female than "he" does a guy...So why not just "go" with it"??? Well....In a perfect world I would...But it isn't and I can't...So I muddle through looking at my "ugly twin" in the mirror on occasion...( and still not liking it from time to time ) [/SIZE]

http://kendra954.com
    [SIZE="3"]Some of the most beautiful women in the world were born male. [/SIZE]

Everyone's mentioning the face in the mirror and I have to admit that I'm not happy w/ it but I know I can take care of that when need be.

But, stepping out of the shower requires panties as soon as I'm dried off. I know I need that baggage and it's convenient, but I sure don't like to have to look at it.