Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question for All CDs: Relating to the study my girl is still working on

I would want them to know that it doesn't mean you are gay.

Jersey for 33 yrs, Now Vancouver, Washington!
    Thanks for all the replies so far everyone! Fascinating answers as always
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] x o x o x o Samantha Girl!!! * remember girls, sexiness is a state of mind!!!

That they (we) are people too!

That gender is not black or white, but many shades of grey. And that most people - both male and female - are in the gray zone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I feel more complete and happier now than I ever thought possible

I would tell them that crossdressing is an expression of ones self and that no one is exactly what they appear to be. Andrea
    Lifes journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to come skidding into it sideways, totally worn out, while shouting 'Holy crap. What a ride'.

I would say that we function just like everyone else. We have hopes, dreams, fears, and feelings. Despite what some might lead you to believe, we are by no means a threat to anyone else. We come in all sizes and shapes, and each of us possesses a unique personality. Just like you, we put on our (pants, panties, panty hose, socks, stockings, etc.) one leg at a time. Most importantly, many of us are really nice people too.

Babette
    Someone else's imagination is a terrible thing to waste.

The avvy pic isn't me
    That we all are from a planet known as gynasapphos 7, and we have slowly infiltrated society by hiding behind closet doors. We are just biding our time till our numbers are sufficient enough to fullfill our destiny.............the assimulation of all MANkind and resistance is futile!

Sorry, couldn't help it. So many good answers, so i'll just go with the standard, were just as normal as anyone else and while sexual orientation doesn't matter, stereotyping all of as gay is rediculous.

Find it curious though that some had to mention being outed, appeared as a hypothetical question to me?

mj (Cassie)

I would say that CD are not all gay men. That most are heterosexual just like the regular male population.
    Charlie

I would talk about me and not crossdressers in general. That it is the best thing I have ever done in my life and that I'm far happier now than I could ever imagine.
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Let me answer in two ways as they have two different scenarios, and you may use whichever is closer to the question you are asking:

1) What I have said: The item that I have most often overheard when someone is talking about (deriding) crossdressers is that "they are all fa.... (gay) ". I immediately respond with "actually you are quite incorrect. The last data I saw was that the vast majority are hetersexual, and tend to mirror the population in general".

2) What I would like to say if they conversation was not an immediate attack on the sexual preference of CDs: "Actually, I admired crossdressers. They put up with a lot of crap from society when they haven't done anything to engender that behavior, and the fact is that they are more empathetic of the opposite gender than virtually any non-crossdresser. Maybe we should all consider the positive aspects and try it before we deride it!"

Ok, number 1 always gets the response, "are you sure? that's amazing. I didn't know that". I'm sure number 2 would get some strange looks, but I'd love to get that point across!

tina

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JenniferR771 View Post
    Crossdresser starts at about puberty.
    If fact, we met a lady clerk at a consignment shop. I told her we were crossdressers. She asked, "How long have you been doing it?"

Actually perhaps it starts at birth,.
    Hi Jennifer
    I remember my Mom showing me the little white
    dress that she brought me home from the Hospital in.
    I guess I must've of been all f two or three days old when I started Crossdressing.

Orchid

Platinum Member
    Hi Samantha

I would like to add that it can be a relief valve just like on
    a pressure cooker it can be a wounderful experience to block
    out the outside world when the only thing that matters
    is me and my mirror.

Just my thoughts maybe that will work for you it's my pleasure to help
    be sure to spell my name right on the royalty chreck.

Orchid

I would say that crossdressing is entirely a harmless activity and like many other hobbies is expensive for the individual concerned. The only people who could be and are hurt by it are spouses who find it unacceptable.

It is then incumbent on the married crossdresser to bury their hobby in secrecy...if that is at all possible.

I would say that it has nothing to do with sexual orientation, it doesn't affect my masculine side, and panties are way more comfortable than any male underwear I have ever worn.

We are not freeks, we are normal guys that just happen to like to dress as women sometimes.
    Amanda

I would say that if you could look past the choice in clothing or accessories for a given day you would not be able to tell us apart from any other group of people.
    "You are not an accident, nor are you malfunctioning. You are performing EXACTLY as coded." For many "Man in a Dress" is the worst atrocity commit-able; for me it's just reality. Click to Learn About Me. Click to Complain About Me! There is a fine line between brutal honesty and honest brutality. It is rarely in the same place for the sender and the receiver.

Whether they are willing to admit it or not, everyone has tried it at least once, at some level.

My immediate response would be to say that the Jerry Springer show has it wrong. Aside from that? I'd probably mention how crossdressing is not all that bad, it's just guys wearing women's clothes. It doesn't make them a gay, child molesting pervert (people who use crossdressing as their motives for that type of shit need their head checked anyway), and that there's not really a mental illness involved. It's mainly either a comfort thing or a fantasy, though some of us do it as practice for when we transition. Not all CDers transition and not all who transition have CDed. but it is what it is.

I would want to make sure they got it through their head that we are not "sick" or "perverted", just because we may have a lifestyle choice that's different to them, or because our brains happened to wire themselves up as the opposite gender doesn't mean that we are not people and deserve respect!

I would tell them "for all you know you might be speaking to one right now! Does anything seem unusual or strange about me or particularly distinct from any other person you may have spoken to today? You've probably encountered several crossdressers in your life and never even knew it."

Aspiring Member
    We are not a threat to you, your children or society in general.
    As a group, we are far less likely to be than the average joe on the street.

We're not crazy or perverted. We don't need counseling of any kind or any sort of mental help.

We are basically harmless, moreso than the average male and even some females. We hide in our closets most of the time and don't try and shove our lifestyle down your throat.

Many of us have families, are war veterans, police, firemen, doctors, etc. and could easily be your next door neighbor. We are well educated and have contributed to society all our lives.

Don't be so quick to judge, lest ye be judged.

Quote Originally Posted by Maryesther M. View Post
    I would say that crossdressing is entirely a harmless activity and like many other hobbies is expensive for the individual concerned. The only people who could be and are hurt by it are spouses who find it unacceptable.

It is then incumbent on the married crossdresser to bury their hobby in secrecy...if that is at all possible.
    I know what you mean when you say it does not effect your masculine side. But it made me think...It does effect my masculine side, but in a good way. I feel that being in touch with my feminine side has made me more aware of GG's: Their emotions, their feelings and I can empathize with them more then any non-CD man can. I think it makes me a more gentle, feeling, kind and considerate man.
    And I agree that the panties are a lot more comfortable then any male underwear, and a whole lot better looking for sure.

Like alot have already mentioned, not all of us are gay. Just because I enjoy being a woman doesn't mean i enjoy the "company" of a man.

Jersey for 33 yrs, Now Vancouver, Washington!
    Thanks soooo much for all the responses girls!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] x o x o x o Samantha Girl!!! * remember girls, sexiness is a state of mind!!!

I wouldn't harp on the gay thing. Homosexuality is normal, not a mental illness or a perversion, and most "civilians" are actually more comfortable with gay people than with CDs. But the misguided notion that we dress as women in order to molest children is hideous, and really must be corrected.

So I'd say that people CD to satisfy a compelling need that they were born with, not to harm or take advantage of anyone else.

Lallie
    Time for a change.