Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I find cross dressing harder to give up then i thought

I find cross dressing harder to give up then i thought

Hi all i am sort of a old member coming back i am finding it harder to give up then i thought has anyone else gone though the mood swings i am finding that when i try to give it up i get edgy and when i wear at lest hose and panties it's like Doctor jekyll and Mr hide.thanks and i am sorry i keep trying to vanish i am also grateful i have a wonderful supportive girlfriend (gg) in my life.

Tiffanycd

I think most CD's have mood swings some times, but why you are trying to vanish and give up?? Why not to accept who you really are and let your life be happy, especially with supportive girlfriend?

I found out very early that when I put Jenni away on the shelf I slowly had this black mood descend on me, I was hard to live with. When Jenni was allowed back, that black mood lifted and I felt so much happier. It showed me that Jenni is an integral part of me and cannot just be cast off.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

how can you give up part of your self?
    unlike a scuba diver or a stunt pilot. or even a golfer these are learned things, to be a cross dresser is part of how you are wired at birth it is not a learned thing it is you.

some try to put it aside and most with no luck. some get very depressed while trying this. one can not hide from who and what we are, it is always there just can be hidden for a time.

I stopped trying a long time ago I also get edgy and moody when i can't dress for a short period of time like if i have people over for a few days. But then after i do dress again i am the same old happy me.
    Mistybtm

Thank you all so much and i do feel better and it's nice to have a girlfriend that likes the fem side of me. With Halloween coming up around the corner i am finding the urge to really want to get dressed up and really see what i look like fully dressed up.

Tiffanycd

Good girl, do this step and have fun at Halloween

LoL i will Thank you i brought up the Halloween idea to my girlfriend and she likes the idea the only thing is we need to find a party to go to lol

Been there tried that. The challenge is how to live with being a crossdreser without tearing about your life.

I am just a moderate crossdresser. I like feminine things in my life, but it does not necessarily have to include crossdressing. But I have no good reason not to. It is a blessing to have something so simple that always puts a smile on your face. There is no reason to stop if you really don't want to. Just learn to balance it with your other relationships, and enjoy it as a good part of your life.

Juno

I started CD'ing when I was 12 - 13 and my parents found out and they made their views quite clear that they didn't approve, and they they thought it was a sin, I stopped CD'ing but not over night, I found myself getting upset having to repress this, anyways it's been my experience you can repress it all you want but it'll come back with a vengeance, several months ago I started wanting to CD again (I'm in my late 20's), and I was fighting the desire, eventually I gave in after joining this site, and I don't think I'll stop again, unless I see that CD'ing is a sin.

I'm another, I've stopped dressing only to find I can't live like that, I'm not a very nice person and not fun to be around when I have denied my true self for a long time. I get moody, argumentative, and just a general pain in the tukus (rear end). But I've learned I have no reason to quit, my wife excepts me for who I am, and we get along wonderfully, and neither one of us likes me when I have tried to quit. So I dress regularly, have a large wardrobe that keeps growing, and have enjoyed married life for 40 years. It does not have to be a bad thing. And as far as it being a sin, I feel the real sin is denying who you are, and wasting a life wallowing in misery, when life can be so good if you just be you.
    Tins B.

Quote Originally Posted by Tina B. View Post
    I'm another, I've stopped dressing only to find I can't live like that, I'm not a very nice person and not fun to be around when I have denied my true self for a long time. I get moody, argumentative, and just a general pain in the tukus (rear end). But I've learned I have no reason to quit, my wife excepts me for who I am, and we get along wonderfully, and neither one of us likes me when I have tried to quit. So I dress regularly, have a large wardrobe that keeps growing, and have enjoyed married life for 40 years. It does not have to be a bad thing. And as far as it being a sin, I feel the real sin is denying who you are, and wasting a life wallowing in misery, when life can be so good if you just be you.
    Tins B.
    wow very well put.
    Mistybtm

Hi Tiffany,I remember you. I don't like to tell anyone their business but my opinion is that crossdressing can't be abandoned for long. Great to see your name back in the threads. Not to be snide but I hope you have some happy clothes shopping trips coming up.

Thank you for the welcome back and as bad as i want to i can not stop and to everyone else thank you i think i am here to stay this time i am really looking to make new friends and hopefully ketch back up with old friends.

Tiffanycd

I can't "give it up" - crossdeessing is so deeply ingrained and a part of who I am. I have found recently that going as little as 3 day's had me miserable, short tempered and such. I don't want to go through that ever again!
    A prisoner in a kings disguise - Styx

Deep in the Heart of Texas..okay..DFW area
    Hi Tiffany, hope you find an event or party to go to all dressed up.. not sure your location but here in Dallas, they have like 2 or 3 weekends of blockparties where people come dressed and there is a fetish party about the same time.. its in the gay/les area so its a free for all.. be amazed how many gladiators and fairies are seen..

yes it is hard to give up..and i do know the jeckel and hyde feeling.. i was just telling my youngest daughter that today.. her routine sometimes dictates my dressing..so i was telling her how different i am when dressed.. i smile more.. and if out, i chat more..then in drab.. and i do like it alot..

well good luck in having a great halloween..

Hugs,
    Marissa
    Marissa

"You better look hard and look twice,
    ...is that me, baby or just a brilliant disguise?"- The Boss

I honestly think that lobotomy is the only resolution to this problem. I know that Spanish inquisition used to cure people from crossdressing but it involved bondage games that usually ended up in some form of death. Another treatment as I recall was called full transition or something. Well, it is like a shadow, if you don't look down its not there but as soon as you check your new beautiful heels you are wearing it strikes back with the vengeance. Crossdressing is like a box of chocolates, you take only one at the time but soon enough whole box is empty and you still want more! Just make sure the closet is big enough baby!

Thank you all so much and i will try to i brought the idea up to my girlfriend and she liked it.

Tiffanycd

How you shelve or put it away when it is deep within you? You can run but you can't hide. It will always be there with you. The challenge is what you do about her.

P.S. Welcome back and this time don't run off. We might not accept you back again.
    Michelle

Your chocolates analogy was quite apt!

Started at age 10. Now 68, stopped, started, and purged more times than I can count. Very expensive obsession. Finally gave up and tried to accept what I really am. Mentally feeling better with myself in this closet. DeeDee

Coming from an alcoholic family, and going through recovery meetings, for decades, I have to be very honest here. Not trying to upset anyone. But, my dad is the kind of alcoholic, that is happy when drunk, and very morose, and miserable all the sober time. I have observed, that many of us cders, are edgy, and unhappy, when not being able to dress. There seem to be similarities. I take it, that cding is our high of choice! Cetainly far less harmful, than alcohol, and drugs! I am not a fan of Holloween, at all, but, it gives some of us shy ones, a chance to get out the door! Last year, I went into severral stores, and shopped, talked with cashiers several times, voluntarily outed myself.

Hi Tiffanny, "giving up cross dressing" has been tried by a great many people. It is generally believed to be impossible. You may be able to curtail your actual dressing for periods of time but the desire to cross dress will never go away totally.
    Since your GG is supportive, why would you try to stop? If you accept that you are and always will be a CD you will be a much happier person.
    Hugs, Carole

Hi! I have seen you here before and YES giving it up is just about impossible. I have tried on several occasions to give up CDing and it did not last more than several months. The emotional problems that I had when trying give it up were than I wanted. As far as I can tell as long as you enjoy it do it.