Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I find cross dressing harder to give up then i thought

Giving up CDing is never easy, or possible in my opinion and experience, I started more years ago than I care to remember, and have gone through the phases of thinking that I should stop as opposed to "feeling" that I should stop. Now with the vantage point of hindsight I can see that it was a case of fighting a battle that I would never, or could never win. CDing is a part of the fabric of my life and who I am. With referance to alcohol and the abuse thereof, people tend to chose to drink, I don't know of anyone who is born needing a drink of alcohol, it always starts with them taking the first sip. I on the other hand have had the feeling to CD for as long as I can remember....I don't know many 5 or 6 year olds you feel the need a drink, but many CDer's here, and maybe you have had the feeling since an early age.
    I hope that all works out well for you, you have the support of your GG, so if she can accept you for who you are...its time you accepted yourself for who you are.
    Best Wishes
    Jane

Tiffany, where are you in VA? I'm thinking ahead to Halloween as well.

I think we all have tried to give it up. myself I tried 3 times and now am dressing almost full time, You have to learn who you really are, I did

Thank you all so much i know why i keep coming back here this site and everyone helps me user stand myself in a way i guess thank you all.

(Occasionalskirt) i am in northern

Tiffanycd

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanycd View Post
    as bad as i want to i can not stop
    Then stop wanting to stop so badly.

One of the hardest things for a crossdresser to master is self acceptance. Yet, it's crucial to our own happiness. If you can't accept yourself, it's unreasonable to expect someone else to accept you.

You are what you are. Society might not want to accept you as you are, but you have no reason to be ashamed of being a crossdresser than you do of having the eye color you do. Society's the one that is messed up, not you. Putting on a pair of pantyhose doesn't violate any laws (at least in the U.S.), and doesn't cause harm to anyone else. Some cultures have viewed transgendered people with reverence. Our society doesn't. Oh well. But, that doesn't mean we have to accept our society's interpretation as the right one, even though we live in it.

It's nice that your girlfriend likes the idea of you dressing en femme for halloween. But, make it clear to her that it's not just a passing fancy, a joke for the holiday. Make sure she understands you are a crossdresser. If she doesn't accept that, then move on.

Thank you JulieC i think i am coming around to it and my girlfriend is helping me i think she like me dressing more thin i do lol to day she bought me a top jean skirt and a dress and a bodysuit and to be honest she loves the idea i crossdress.
    Thank you.

Tiffanycd

a bit nutty
    Been there, done that. I cannot give it up and the Lord knows I've tried. Must have thrown out my things a dozen or so times (I never had much stuff anyway). When I try to give it up, the desire seems to amplify as if my "alter ego" for lack of a better expression is fighting back. I get moody, snarky, miserable and basically become an unbearable pain in the behind (a b@#ch). Anyhow, I've stopped stopping. Funny how giving it up would be more of a strain on my family than doing it.

It's better to be a woman than a bear.

Ginger

Me, Myself & Rachael Rachaelb64's Avatar
    I've been thro the cycle aswell, like most here, the best I managed was 18months. Then bang, it came back as strong as ever. These days I just accept who I am, best thing about accepting myself is my depression has faded. Not totaly gone I still get low days but I can cope with those

Simple truth, You're who you are
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is to short so enjoy it to the full

:

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Today is a good day to Dress!

Well it seems it has all been said by now -- but I'll just throw in my own "been there done that" too! I am sure some can "quit", i.e. suppress this part of themselves for the rest of their lives, but I still never heard of any such case. Myself, I decided to give up quitting instead.

And I just discovered that I too am blessed with a supporting wife, who strongly states whe wants the full me, not only the part she had seen up until recently.

Hugs & hope to see you a lot more here
    /Lyta

Totally Impossible! I thought everyone knew that. But if your GF is buying you outfits you should be dancing on moonbeams!!! Goes to show you just don't know what you got till it's gone. Anyway, could be that you need to inform her that this goes in cycles for you and you need her to understand and get in synch with that. Confusing ain't it?

I know it's hard trying to quit.
    But do you really need to quit?
    It's not damaging your health, it's not hurting your home/social life (you mentioned you have a supporting SO), youre commiting no crimes (that you mentioned :P).
    So why quit?
    If there are deeper reasons for trying to quit ie it causes you to question why you do it, then that's going to take personal meditation or therapy to work out.
    You need to find your 'happy place' within your crossdressing and know why you do it, at the very least you should have a good understanding of it.
    There are many who do it for sexual kicks, more people still do it as they find that it relieves stress. Some do it to unlock expression of attributes that they otherwise hide, and some do it becuase they want to become female in body as well as mind.
    There are reasons I havent even touched upon, but the point is that you need to work out your reason, and investigate it, embrace it and enjoy it.
    You wont want to quit if you understand it.

I dont
    Samantha -x-

My advice is to direct your energy and effort to learning how you will live with crossdressing rather than removing something that is not removable. If you work on self-acceptance, you might realize that crossdressing is a positive part of your being, and you'll wonder why you ever thought about making it go away. That's what happened to me. Best of luck.

I am having a hard time quitting too! My wife doesn't support it and she as of now is more important! She does let me wear panties (hate that word) and shave. She used to not mind hose but it has bothered her lately so I haven't. She is letting me shave. I feel horrible about it when I dress and she's not around. I had to throw out everything I had so going full is hard. Luckily I'm not real big and her and I wear the same size clothes. This leaves me without shoes and a wig. I am open with my desires and hoping we can eventually reach a compromise! If any of u ever figure out how to quit lmk!!! Otherwise I'll have to stay in the closet for now!