Thread: TG Friendly Establishment?

TG Friendly Establishment?

I have never really thought about it until last night when I went to Tracks here in Denver. Everyone says that it is a TG friendly place and I was looking forward to it since a friend of mine loves the place and wanted to go. So I had an experienced clubber taking an X-clubber out for the night. I was told that they had an 80's room so I was ready to go. That's when the story takes a turn for the weird. No one was dancing in the 80's room. In fact it was the quietest place to be besides the restroom. So I was left to the main room for dancing. I felt so out of place as I watched everyone dancing. I had seen the type of dancing before in my middle son's bedroom as he was showing off his dance moves and gave me a light show. If you don't know what a light show is then you are too old for this place too. It took me 2 hours to see enough that I felt not very strange to be there. See it is pretty strange for a middle aged woman with gray hair to be considered normal or middle of the road in a club. Did I mention this was a Goth club?

This was the strangest thing that I had ever seen in my life. I had seen the Goth's walk down the street and see how people stare and look at them. They are shunned as weird everywhere and here I was the normal one. What an experience!!! I finally got there and danced for the last hour but it felt so wrong inside. I saw this girl there dancing who looked very similar to an x-girlfriend of my son's that I set him up with. In fact she was very hot and there I was a dirty GrandMa or GrandPa looking and wishing that she wanted to dance with this ole girl. I wanted to be a party girl and a bad girl when I went there. I just didn't realize what that meant. I was definitely a bad girl looking at this young girl who could be my daughter with those thoughts. Where was the thought police when I needed them?

I wasn't even the oldest person in the place. My friend was 60 and out there dancing for 4 hours. I don't have that much energy, but there she was dancing with the best of them. She was the energizer bunny in a dress.

So this was a TG friendly place which leads me wondering who figures out these things. Maybe somebody should put an age restriction on the TG friendly designation to make it easier for old folks. This was definitely one of those nights for the record book. Definitely out of my comfort zone and I survived so I guess it really was TG friendly since they didn't kick me out before closing time. Wow - first club that I closed in 27 years. Lots of memories came back on this trip.

One last thing to add. Years ago I had a good time dancing, but after I met my wife she always fussed about dancing looking too prissy. I danced terrible since I danced more like a girl. Now as Michelle I am free to dance with more hip movement. I can't explain to anyone how liberating and fun it is to dance as a girl and nobody is there fussing at me. So the party girl is born but I'm not sure that Tracks is my kind of place. I will definitely go back because it was an experience and a half.
    Michelle

Thanks for sharing this! There is only one such glbt bar in this area, and it is in a very seedy part of downtown Rockford. A neighbor said a friend was gunned down in th parking lot. I question if its worthwhile going. I hate todays music, and i am sure that is all they play, and way too loud for me! How in the heck do you converse, with loud, blasting noise all around? Us older more modest cders may not feel so comfortable. It would be a one time thing for me, unless they turned down the decibals.

I prefer Country music myself and this wasn't country music. They was my son's type of music. I didn't know the songs at all, but I did remember how he danced to it and the beat grew on me a little.

I think that is one of the strangest parts of the whole evening. We were 50 and 60 respectively with me being the younger and we were just 2 more nutballs for the place. In fact we stood out more because we weren't dressed more like them.

I see one of the problems as we age is that the establishments which are TG friendly are more limited because we aren't the wild party goer type. We have mellowed with age although my friend will probably be out there in a walker still goingggggggggg!
    Michelle

Michelle next time go to Charlie's. You can dance and get your country music fix and you can talk to whomever you are with. We should go sometime (damn the summer went by fast and I haven't been out in two months!)
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I have waiting for you call. Now I know how women feel when guys say they are going to call and they never do.
    Michelle

Michelle, Goth, I don't see how you lasted that long, I was at an outdoor concert this afternoon, and they where doing rap, I lasted about 15 minutes and had to move off, you couldn't talk, I couldn't understand what he was saying, and it grated on the nerves.
    But if your going back, get yourself a long black dress, you'll fit in better.
    Tina B.

where's the stop button? Daenna Paz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AKAMichelle View Post
    I wasn't even the oldest person in the place. My friend was 60 and out there dancing for 4 hours. I don't have that much energy, but there she was dancing with the best of them. She was the energizer bunny in a dress.

[SIZE="3"]WOW!! Totally age-outed!! ;^)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]But ... I didn't wear a dress!?!? [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It was a blast, and don't let her kid you - she got out there and shook it up just fine ... [/SIZE]

So the party girl is born but I'm not sure that Tracks is my kind of place. I will definitely go back because it was an experience and a half.
    [SIZE="3"]Tracks isn't for everyone ... that being said, it's for ME!!! ;^)

We had fun, that's the main thing ... no sideways looks or stares. Everyone just out to dance and have fun ... I love that!
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Daenna[/SIZE]

where's the stop button? Daenna Paz's Avatar
    [QUOTE=AKAMichelle;2261159]
    I think that is one of the strangest parts of the whole evening. We were 50 and 60 respectively with me being the younger and we were just 2 more nutballs for the place. In fact we stood out more because we weren't dressed more like them.

[SIZE="3"]Speak for yourself :^)
    [SIZE="3"](about the dressing ... I can't escape the 'nutballs' comment)[/SIZE]

[/SIZE]I see one of the problems as we age is that the establishments which are TG friendly are more limited because we aren't the wild party goer type. We have mellowed with age although my friend will probably be out there in a walker still goingggggggggg!

[SIZE="3"]Wheel me home, baby!!! [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Daenna[/SIZE]

Charlie's also has free country-dancing lessons several times a month!

Quote Originally Posted by DianeDeBris View Post
    Charlie's also has free country-dancing lessons several times a month!
    That is definitely what I need. I love country music but I have never been line dancing so I don't know how.
    Michelle