Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Going out with my daughter in law

I agree with the others. Let it go for now. Go to the party in drab and have a good time with your family. If your future daughter-in-law wonders why you came as a male just tell her it was in consideration of her. This should get you more brownie points.
    Have fun!!!
    Margot

Silver Member
    IMO, you have made the wisest choice in this situation for all concerned. Please do make a date with your DIL for a belated 21st birthday gift of "girls night out" in a few weeks and then be all the "Kim" you can be! Be sure to take pics & give us the debriefing of that event!

If it's going to upset you or you wife that much however it plays out maybe you should not go. Talk it over with you wife As I see it it's the only wat everyone will be somewhat happy.
    Angie

If it's going to upset you or you wife that much however it plays out maybe you should not go. Talk it over with you wife As I see it it's the only way everyone will be somewhat happy

[QUOTE=TxKimberly;2265286]I think I've come up with the perfect answer! Shoot the damn wife, then go have a good time. It's a win-win!

I am of course teasing.

~~~

I have to say this: considering the appalling violence out there towards women, that "tease" is in very poor taste.

Michaella

You are spending too much time in Detroit, (ok corral). Keep the Wife, keep the other family in the Dark. Take the DIL shopping and to lunch. Lots of good advise, to get you out of this mine field. Lots of loyal fans. Good luck.

Tora

Quote Originally Posted by Michaella View Post

I have to say this: considering the appalling violence out there towards women, that "tease" is in very poor taste.

Michaella

One thing I've learned after more than 15 years of playing on the internet: There are so many people out there, that no matter what you say, your gonna piss someone off. Apparently it's you today.

This all turns out to be a moot point because I just got word that my DIL just wrecked her van. Her baby daughter is OK, but the DIL has a broken wrist and two broken fingers. They had to spend all of the birthday money I gave her to get the wreck towed home. It now looks unlikely that ANYONE is going out for her birthday. Wow that sucks for your 21st but don't know what else I can do. Out of cars and out of money . . .

sorry to hear about he accident. Good to hear the baby is OK . Sorry to hear your DIL broke her wrist. Good to hear that was the worst. Sorry to hear you had to change plans....but you know another chance will come.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Holy smokes, Kim! I'm sorry to hear about your DIL's wreck. On top of the shock and the physical trauma is a lot of just plain expense and bother--but everyone's walking, at least.

Are you going to throw her a consolation party at home? I know your sound equipment is probably better than the bar's.

Lallie
    Time for a change.

So sorry to hear of this accident. I'm thankful everyone is OK, even with your daughter-in-law having a broken wrist. Hopefully, it will heal fully.

Sorry to hear about the DIL's bad fortune, Kim, but at least no one was seriously hurt, and the van can always be replaced.

It just goes to show yet again that one can make all the plans in the world for the future and take all possible precautions to take control of one's life to avoid having things go off the rails, and then - just when you're not looking - "life" happens and throws us a curve-ball. Murphy's Law, or as some would say, "Life's a b*tch, and then you die." But at least you and your DIL can regroup and have your GNO some other time when she is all healed up again. Plus, you'll another thing to add to the family lore for when you play the "Remember When" game and the topic of her 21st birthday comes up again .