Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I told my family about my Crossdressing.

Talking I told my family about my Crossdressing.

At first, I told my Mom. We were sitting outside talking, and she looked at me and said, "Is something on your mind?"

After I denied it three times, she kept insisting, so I told her that I liked to wear women's clothing. She looked at me and said, "Thanks for sharing that with me, but I've known for around 7 years."

She asked why I hadn't told my dad or my little brother yet, to which I replied, "because they won't be as understanding."

She smiled, hugged me, and the subject was left alone for the day. Last night, she told me that if I didn't tell my dad and little brother already, she was going to.
    I argued, and she went out to tell them. I was forced to tell them about my crossdressing, to which they were completely accepting.

When I asked her tonight why she had done what she had done, my mom replied, "Because you needed to know that we are always, and will always be here for you."

Later on, my dad said, "We all love you no matter what, Just because you like to wear women's clothing doesn't make us love you any less. It hurts me that you didn't trust me enough to tell me sooner."

As I talked to my mom later on last night, she said that I had full access to her clothing, and that she would take me shopping for a new outfit and heels in a few months.

I can't wait, and I can't imagine how this could have gone any better.

Btw, The "in the closet" part of my username is solely because of the fact that my computer is located in my closet.

I hope to get a lot out of this board in the future.
    "Move along people, there's nothing to see here."

Congratulations. I am sure you must be very excited to have this freedom. I am very happy for you and I hope the best for you and your family moving forward.

Comfortable to be me PortiaHoney's Avatar
    Awww, that's fantastic. The freedom to be who you are is empowering. I am so happy that it has worked out well for you.

And, now, for the rest of the world - YAY :-)
    Freedom to be an individual is all powerful

Congratulations! Bet that was a load off your mind! I know it was when I came out to my parents.
    If I don't make changes happen for a better tomorrow, then who will?

congratulations, you are so lucky!

wow that must be nice a mon that wants to take you shopping for heels . lucky you its nice to hear how undersanding some parents can be sometimes

WOW O.O I'm both appalled and jealous. You have a really nice family take care of it!
    "At the risk of seeming ridiculous, let me say that the true revolutionary is guided by a great feeling of love. It is impossible to think of a genuine revolutionary lacking this quality" by my love Che <3

Gratz!
    I never told my mother about my CDing, she probably knows about it since I've been wearing femme slippers at home & flashy tennis shoes.
    Just be a good boy to your mom & family.

Sounds like you need to move the computer and make more room in the closet for the new cloths..
    I do not!! Claim to be an expert on any topic, when I post a new thread or reply on any thread my imput is strickly that of a crossdresser. Not to offend Gay people , Transexuals or any other life style, I am only commenting on one of my own.

Congratulations. It must be great to have such an accepting family.

This kind of news makes feel me happy and a bit jealeous too... in good way ofcourse Hugs and give us more about this topic later please

Wow, I have kind of mixed feelings. On the one hand, way cool that you have confirmation of your families love and understanding. On the other hand, I think that it really wasn't right of your mother to force the issue.
    If I had to bet my life on it, I'd guess that your mother knew darn good and well that the rest of your family already knew about it, and was forcing the issues because she didn't want you sto spend the rest of your life with anxiety that she already knew was unfounded.
    Congrats on having a loving family that has their priorities in the right place - the love and support of each other.

Kim I agree with you on that.. My mother would have told on me tho even tho I think her and my step father may have had some clue of what I did..
    I guess only a mother can tell you why she would tell and if I had to guess it would be to have the rest of the family know that she supports CDing and everyone else better be on board with it..
    I do not!! Claim to be an expert on any topic, when I post a new thread or reply on any thread my imput is strickly that of a crossdresser. Not to offend Gay people , Transexuals or any other life style, I am only commenting on one of my own.

Congratulations Tara. It's always a relief to be out in the open.
    Linda7

Tara, Congratulations!! I recently revealed myself to my wife and I know the relief and joy of not having to keep a secret and pretend ever again. It's truly liberating. I admit it bothered me that your mother told your father and brother. I don't want to judge her action. I tend to think that "all's well that ends well." And I do think that TxKimberly is probably right...your mother knew that they would be accepting. I think her motivation was to have everyone together on your crossdressing. Mothers are like that. The cohesion of the family is the most important thing. That's not bad.

I'm happy for you!!

GGG (Good Giving Game) GG MiamiMarie's Avatar
    Wow. That is so beautiful and amazing. Congratulations - I am so glad your mother was persistent in getting you out of your shell.

Wow, you could have been taken on shopping trips with her for the past 7 years. Try not to think about that.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    Wow, you could have been taken on shopping trips with her for the past 7 years. Try not to think about that.
    0__________0

Huh. That's quite a thought.
    "Move along people, there's nothing to see here."

Gosh I just love it when a plan comes together. 'Course it was your Mom's plan but it sure worked out. Arn't Moms GREAT!

I'm sure you know that you have a wonderful family. Just never forget that and hold them close in your heart.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Great news Tara,so nice that you have an understanding and supportive family,It must be great weight off your mind,onwards and upwards now for you.

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Congrats on getting that off your shoulders . I knew how hard it was to tell . My mother and sisters knew but it was a no tell no talk situation as they figured it would pass and was a growing phase . As I got older they took me shopping with them like they did when i was real young but in an indirect manner showed me how to shop and what things to buy although i didnt get nothing female . But back then parents and people were not as understanding as they are now , especially the males back then either . She will probably take you shopping sometime in October as this way it wont look so obvious and she is concerned how others may react , But if its a full girls day out better hold on , it will mean a salon trip for hair, make up and nails then a full day of shopping and you will stop for brunch and maybe even have a nice afternoon supper . I would imagine your mother is about as anxious as you are and if not she will be . But do one thing , Enjoy it and take pictures to show us .

Your are lucky girl. You are going to get the support and love that all of us desire but few get. Enjoy the journey.
    Michelle

i am glad for you that your family are so understanding, now take care of them as you move along with the crossdressing you will need them very much.
    take care Tara

CONGRATULATIONS! You have no idea how lucky you are to have such an uber-supportive family! I'm envious.

Tell us some more about you. How old? Relationships? Would you like to eventually go full-time?

Best wishes!

Congrats on being true to yourself. I hnow the feeling that you get when you tell a family member. When I told my brother he said that it wouldn't change anything between us and it hasn't!