Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Symbol Question

Come and talk with me ;) Briana90802's Avatar

Question New Symbol Question

Hiya, I'm new here and have been reading many of the posts regarding a CD symbol. And although I like the idea of having a symbol that is a butterfly, seahorse or other feminine thing I think that we as a group could do better.

Regardless if others know it's a CD symbol, or if we wear it, I think we can can come up with something better than the suggestions presented elswhere.

I propose that all of you creative people sumbit(post) some alternative to the old basic things, as well as an explanation as to what it stands for.

For example:

Here is my suggestion. It symbolizes a whole person having both the male and female internally. It also has a "C" and a "D" hidden within.

I'm anxious to hear and see what other have to say.

Thank You.

I like it. I am not creative enough to think of something on my own so I will ride the coattails of whomever has that artistic genius. Right now, it looks like you - congratulations.

Here is the problem with symbols as idenditifers of us as cd'ers. Once people learn what the symbol is we are then getting outed any time we wear the symbol and even in male mode. I won't use a symbol at any time.
    Michelle

While I like your design, isn't wearing gender bender clothing enough? I mean, either way, aren't we are just looking for acceptance in today's world?

A symbol is just another label. Who really needs labels?
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

if you want a symbol there is the rainbow already in use. which covers everyone.
    Personally I just want to blend in.

I want to flow relatively unnoticed through public spaces. The only symbol/sign I want is my smile that results from the self-expression of the clothing I choose to wear. Hopefully, strangers notice the "sign" of a lovely person that I hope I am. All I want is to be authentic to myself by wearing the clothing of my choice, quietly and with dignity. I have no desire to be in anyone's face about it. For example, I've never pushed my ideas on anyone with a political/religious/otherwise sticker on my car, out of respect for others. Besides, it's my belief that no one cares what group(s) I belong to, and there's nothing wrong with that. This is just my opinion.

I get all that.

Really, I get what you are saying. After reading much of what people have already posted I think that you are correct. A symbol would instantly identify us. But still it would be nice to have something to gett behind.

People (were I live) are always proudly waving and displaying a rainbow flag. Just having that flag and knowing that you are part of a tribe gives strength to others and to yourself. Knowing that you belong is what it really is all about.

Besides these days there are so many symbols out there flooding our eyes that I doubt, highly, that people would even care that it is. For example, that red and black star, the symbol for HIM, the alpine star logo, the underarmour logo, the equal symbol(my fav), etc..

We see these symbols everyday and no one cares except for those that can relate to them. To display it means that you are proud of what it represents.

A symbol, like the peace sign, is a philosophy summed up in one icon, something people can get behind.

I'm NOT saying we should make T-shirts, I'm saying that we need something that subtly identifies us when wearing guy clothes.

Hi Briana, you have good points. I appreciate your desire for strengthening unity. This CD forum has become a tribe for me and I'm so thankful to have it. An icon/symbol would perhaps enrich this idea for those who want to participate.

I have a TG Pride Flag sticker on my car and on the hat I wear.
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda22 View Post
    Hi Briana, you have good points. I appreciate your desire for strengthening unity. This CD forum has become a tribe for me and I'm so thankful to have it. An icon/symbol would perhaps enrich this idea for those who want to participate.
    I'm hoping this can be a tribe for me too. Other than my SO I haven't anyone else to talk to about this.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Let me blend that's all I need.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerrijerry View Post
    if you want a symbol there is the rainbow already in use. which covers everyone.
    Personally I just want to blend in.
    Haven't you heard? Ralphie May wants the rainbow back.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara Jo View Post
    Haven't you heard? Ralphie May wants the rainbow back.
    while I like the rainbow flag, where I live the flag is instantly recognized as gay pride. And as I support pride, it doesn't support my inner beliefs.

I thought there was a symbol at the top of the page that represented "us".. Over the years being on many boards I have seen many attempts to make a symbol that shows that "we" are TG. There are triangles with a cross on one side (female), an arrow on another (male) and a cross with an arrow blended on the last. There are many rebirths of the YinYang. There is a circle with the arrow, cross and a combination of such extending out from it. There is the "tri-ess" symbols.

The point that we need to be branded is interesting. To say that only the "club" will get it and many will be oblivious is not true at all. Branding has a purpose and you often see someone try and fudge a brand symbol to take advantage of another's hard work, and many time these are very subtle changes. And I think someone made the point it makes a great target for those who are in disagreement with us. As a point of pride at a gathering it would be good, alone in a dark alley...not so much, even if you are not dressed.

Now to put a bigger damper on this...I don't get the red circle and lines. It sort of looks like an attempt to make a new "StarFleet" icon to me. More industrial. But that is just me
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

After further thought, I'm totally uninterested in a symbol, new, old, or otherwise. Seems too much like being a member of a secret club or clique and that just isn't me. I mean no offense. I just think my appearance kinda speaks for itself, that's all.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Why do we need a symbol? First and foremost we are People!! We may wear different clothing from some others, but we are all still People. We come from different countries, and may be different colors! But when it comes down to the final point, we are people. That is the only label or symbol any of us need!!

I personally don't want or need any labels or symbols!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I think that if the yin yang symbol that is part of the logo for this forum were to be engraved on a signet ring or a pendent it would be really nice. The symbol speaks to the female and male sides that make up the whole person we all want to be.
    Kelly

You ARE Loved.
    You BELONG in this World.

I would personally choose the Yin-Yang sign. Why? It serves as a warning that nothing is so well defined and uses Good and Evil as an example of things that will never be so clear cut. That is the original meaning, if I recall correctly. Now, why would I choose something like that? Over time, like spoken languages, the meaning of symbols can CHANGE. To me, Yin-Yang can also be used to show that there are bits of one thing in the other in a manner that it relates to the original meaning. Why would I choose the Yin-Yang sign for myself? Well, gender obviously isn't black and white...now, is it? =)

My only problem with using this relation is that an ignorant fool may only see the "Evil" and relate us to the "Evil". Though, if someone is THAT IGNORANT...then I suppose it wouldn't matter how we try to explain it to them.
    If I don't make changes happen for a better tomorrow, then who will?

I want our symbol to be soon for the real word to see all of us dressed femme and just think
    " Wow, that's HOT". To come and naturally talk to us - ask us out or just - smile with
    approval.

Gold Member
    We can never have enough symbols!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_symbols

But I am with those that say if you want a private symbol, it just isn't going to happen. If it really caught on, it would be as well known as the rainbow.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Briana90802
    Here is my suggestion. It symbolizes a whole person having both the male and female internally. It also has a "C" and a "D" hidden within. I'm anxious to hear and see what other have to say.
    [SIZE="2"]Ok, you asked. It looks a lot like the symbol on the unitards the Fantastic Four wear, plus it looks a bit…aggressive…with the arrow shape, black, red, and etc. This masculine symbol would clash with my pretty femme things...

Tell me -- what’s the point of having a symbol for something you cannot adequately explain to people? It seems counter-productive at best, in fact the absence of a symbol indicates necessary secrecy. I symbolize my crossdressing by wearing a dress – go figure…[/SIZE]

Chaos is a friend of mine April Renee's Avatar
    Ehh, reminds me of the Foreigner 4 album cover....
    April
    May the lord know those that don't love us so he may turn their hearts or at least their ankle so we'll know em by their limp.

You take the urban noise with some Durbin Poison.
    Its gonna lessen your load.....

How about the original male female symbols and their blending before organized religion took that symbol over too: male.female.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member."
    -- Groucho Marx

No symbols for me......thanks.