Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I Be Worried?

Unhappy Should I Be Worried?

Ok, I am still relatively new to this sight. I am currently 24 years old and have dabbled in crossdressing over the years since I was about 9 years old. There is only one person in my family who has any inclination about my actions, my younger sister. Here's the story.

Ever since I first tried on my younger sister's school uniform i have been fascinated with woman's clothing. As the years went on, I also gained an interest in make up. When I was about in middle school I told my sister about my fascination for makeup. We would go to the Benjamin Franklin's and raid their face paint isle. Over the period the next few months we would spent our Saturday night's either upstairs alone or outside in the family tent painting and putting makeup each other faces. Gradually this turned me also wearing feminine clothing from the basement that the meant for the local Goodwill, when she decided that I would look good in a bra. Our "antics" were put to an abrupt end one day when I was wearing a white turtle neck, white leggings, pink skirt, blonde wig, and bunny ears while in my sister's room. While I was talking to her and our mom walked in. Luckily, I was near the closet and was able to hide out of sight. (My heart still beats faster just remembering that close call.)

Recently my sister has moved out of the and always invites me over to her house when she has gatherings with her friends. However, whenever I accidentally do something she doesn't like, she'll say out in the open, "I know something about ****." to all of her friends. I simply pretend like I don't know anything, but I dread the thought of her actually telling her friends about our past actions on the inside. I am also a little worried that she'll tell her boyfriend when I am not around. What should I do? Has anyone else ever been in a similar situation?

The only thing that comes to mind is to sit down and talk to her about what's worrying you. I think that's just about all you can do.
    If I don't make changes happen for a better tomorrow, then who will?

I would wait until your parents go out for a week-end and while they are gone I would sell their house and join the circus. Just seems like the only logical solution.

Hehheehhee...jus' kiddn' ya'

I agree with Asako. It is time to have a heart-to-heart with your sister. Try to reach an agreement that the CD issue is off limits and to be taken seriously. It is not just another tool to taunt a brother/sister with. In my opinion, these types of problems should be dealt with immediately. They can turn a single flame into a raging forest fire in a short period of time. Hopefully she will agree.

If she does not...you can always join the circus...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Silver Member
    To be frank, your sister sounds like a disturbed individual. Why don't you just not go over to her place, and for that matter just not have anything to do with her?

I also agree with Asako. I think your best bet is to sit down with your sister and talk about this. Let her know that you want this secret to remain between the two of you. Depending on how close the two of you are, and how much you feel you can trust her, this might or might not involve "outing" yourself a bit more.

Crystal

Aaah, but what do YOU want?
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Yes I aggree with several of the others. I think she simple does not realize how important this is to you and you must have that talk with her. Once she understands that it is not two kids playing anymore I am sure she will stop. One of the hardest things to do is talk to others about our gender issues. In a way you are lucky because she already knows most of it. I don't think it will be a big surprise that you are a CD today. It appears to me that you two are still good siblings to each other so a talk should end the problem. Just remember to say this is always just between us please don't embaress me with it.

Platinum Member
    Agree with those who suggest a sit down with your sister. I don't presume she has any bad intentions...siblings will kid each other, sometimes go out of their way to embarrass each other, even after we're grown. So, you do need to sit down with her and tell here your concerns. As noted above, she already knows, so this might help open up a new, more positive stage in your life and your relationship with your sister.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Honestly your Sister sounds like a wee girl who hasn't grown up,I would tell her how much worry she is causing you,and hopefully she will realise how hurt you are by her actions,and stop taunting you.

Sophie xx
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

My best friend she just put me in a identical situation but i pulled her aside and expland it to her she hopefully will be more understanding of my feelings now and the damage she could have done.and to make it worse she did it on line

lol. I have always enjoyed trips to the circus. Perhaps, I could be the next bearded lady. On the other hand I have always enjoyed the clown acts. Thank you, this replay really made me laugh.

Assume that she outs you. What is the worst thing that would happen? Somebody might laugh a bit and you would be embarrassed for a while. You will survive.

Tell the story to everyone yourself. "When X and I were younger she would help me dress as a girl. We had fun at the time, but kept it secret. So I figured I'd get the weight of that secret off her shoulders, so she wouldn't have to worry about letting it slip out."

You show no embarrassment/shame, you become the bigger person.
    DonnaT

Silver Member
    I think it's time for you to move out of your parents house---then it all becomes moot---and after all, if your younger sister is on her own, don't you think its time for you also?
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

I don't live in my parents house. Where did that come from?

Quote Originally Posted by G.Grace View Post
    I don't live in my parents house. Where did that come from?
    From your first post, where you said "Recently my sister has moved out of the and always invites me over to her house" (an apparent missing "house" between 'the' and 'and'). Sorry if we drew the wrong conclusion.

tell her how you feel. hopefully she will understand .i hope she doesn't do what my ex wife did to me after 5 years together she told all my friends and family i lost all of them but thru the years i see who my real fiends were . good luck ,she should understand

yeah, you gotta talk with Sis. Sounds like you were buddys before. How do you interpet her actions? Is it a power play over you or is just making a comment as a sibling without realizing the impact? I mean if she has brought it up before but never followed thru, maybe she just enjoys seeing you turn stone white.

on another comment, I laughed out loud reading the circus comment. Eluuzion, I love your sense of humor. You could have had a role in Blazing Saddles.

I agree with the others. You and your sister sound pretty close, but she just doesn't understand how outing you would affect you right now. You need to explain it to her, and then I'm sure the comments will stop.
    Reine

A lot of people, when they are insecure with themselves, particularly in the company of others, will try to shame other people as a way of making themselves look better, or as a means of keeping control, or as a means of keeping the spotlight. It is crushingly immature, and it is bull$hit, and you should call your sister on it, but you should do it privately. Be strait up honest with her, describe to her what she is doing, and make it clear that her behavior is unacceptable. "Hey sis, when you pull that whole 'I know something about Grace...' thing... it's not cool, and I really don't appreciate it. Outing other people is not OK behavior, and threatening other people is not OK behavior, and most certainly, threatening to out other people is REALLY not OK behavior. Every time you pull this juvenile little stunt, you make me feel like I cannot trust you, and you place our relationship in jeopardy. Knock it the **** off."

Then, the next time she pulls it, you say something like "Yes, she is my sister... she knows all sorts of things about me... I'm left handed, my favorite color is blue, I masturbate a lot, I don't like Zucchini, and a like to wear frilly bras and panties around the house, but only the frilly ones." People will laugh, think you are Oh-so-witty, and they will never believe you about the frilly panties bit because it is so absurd - you obviously just tossed that in there for flourish. And... you have just deflated the big scary secret your sister was holding over your head.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

Ah, the ladies - they SO like to push our buttons......
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Talk to your sister, that is the best advice I can give you. Trust me, once you lay your cards out on the table for your sister to see she will either see the problem for what it is and re assure you that she would never tell anyone or she shows you that she is not the person you thought her to be. I am sure if she has not told anyone by now she won't.
    To me this whole situation feels like a typical brother sister teasing.

I hope everything goes well,
    Megan

Here is what you need t do... become accepting of yourself and the next time you go to her house and she says that to you, you say out loud 'are you talking about the time you made me wear your clothes? because, if that's all it is, I have no problem showing up here wearing a dress...don't push me or I will do it!'... either everyone jumps on board and insists you dress up or they laugh a bit and it never gets mentioned again... my guess, this time of the year they will be helping you with your costume.
    Chickie

All good thoughts, but the first thing I would ask her is what is she taliking about? Maybe she is refering to something else. If you are close, I am sure she would not hurt you. Might just be a misunderstanding on your part. Just my thoughts.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by G.Grace
    Recently my sister has moved out of the and always invites me over to her house when she has gatherings with her friends. However, whenever I accidentally do something she doesn't like, she'll say out in the open, "I know something about ****." to all of her friends. I simply pretend like I don't know anything, but I dread the thought of her actually telling her friends about our past actions on the inside. I am also a little worried that she'll tell her boyfriend when I am not around. What should I do? Has anyone else ever been in a similar situation?
    [SIZE="2"]I’m lucky to have a sister who protects me, and wouldn’t out me to anyone. Ditto my brother. I’m fairly out in the open anyway, so there really isn’t much to hide from. On rare occasions, such as family gatherings, I have to subdue my appearance for the sake of all concerned. You never know who would have a problem with my looks. I don’t like friction of any kind. Luckily, the people around me (for the most part) are not polarized in their thinking, but crossdressing is rare and hard to swallow for some people. Everyone has questions, and my parents get nervous. I have encountered some negativity, but I’m sheltered to a certain degree. Thanks, sis!

PS: I love those school girl uniforms![/SIZE]