Thread: Oops, Cristi photo just seen by 7 friends!

Oops, Cristi photo just seen by 7 friends!

No harm done though, since I was quick with a cover story. (see the photo they all saw, attached below).

We were hanging out and a few of them wanted to see some photos I had on my computer. I knew I had a big folder on it with the photos they were looking for, so turned it on and browsed to that folder while they all gathered around.

When I opened the folder, it was in really small 'thumbnail' mode and I noticed one 'Cristi' pic in the mix, but ignored it since it was too small to see what it was just from the tiny thumbnail.

I opened the other pics we were there to see one by one, returning to the main folder after every one. Just as I finished, one of the guys pointed to the thumbnail of the Cristi pic and asked "What's that one?"

Well, it was too late to pretend it didn't exist without making it worse... so I double-clicked on it to open it full screen and just casually said "Oh, that is from halloween last year" without any more explanation.

There were a few laughs (but in a good natured way) and one guy even took over mouse so he could zoom in on the photo and the dress until the portion of it from my chest up filled the screen.

Since I didn't act guilty or ashamed, it was pretty much a non-issue. After a few laughs, I closed the image and we went back to what we were doing.

But now I know that all seven of these guys have seen a photo of me in a full lacy wedding dress, heels, stockings and makeup. Kind of a strange feeling. I can't help but wonder if any of them may also be a CD and a bit jealous of the outfit.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

the happy camper
    Quick thinking!!

If anyone was a CD they would be jealous. Very lovely.

Jealous, I'm sure.

I spent two weeks in the hospital a couple years ago. My grown daughter came from out of town and my wife asked her to get on the computer and pay the bills (online banking).

For some reason, she opened the photo software and saw pictures of my wife. That was embarassing. Pictures of me are on a thumb drive not kept in the computer and password protected. That plan worked.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I had a similar thing happen to me. I was looking at pictures on my computer with my dad and I thought I had put them in a "hidden" folder. Apparently, they were only hidden in that program and we were looking at pictures in a different program. Luckily it was only a picture of me from the neck down and a close up shot. I simply clicked away and went back to the other pictures. When he asked what that was, I simply told him. "Darn viruses, Always downloading stuff onto my computer."

you are so right. I am a CD and I am jealous.

Sounds like you handled it the best way possible. That's why my photos for Michelle are under the Miscellaneous folder and I just don't go there with anyone who doesn't know about my cd'ing.
    Michelle

Aspiring Member
    You look great in the picture, and did much better than I would have- I would have panicked.

I figured since I went out on halloween dressed and anyone could see me, I should not be scared to put my costume on display. So, I have this digital photo frame that includes a couple of my halloween images mixed in with all my other family photos. If anyone notices and asks I'll just say, it was a halloween costume...the truth.

...the hard part is not turning red when you get discovered as you described.
    Chickie

Quote Originally Posted by AKAMichelle View Post
    Sounds like you handled it the best way possible. That's why my photos for Michelle are under the Miscellaneous folder and I just don't go there with anyone who doesn't know about my cd'ing.
    But - some programs scan the computer for pictures without you even asking. I think that's what happened when my daughter used my PC.

The Walmart software that allows you to e-mail files for printing at a store does this. Finds all the picture files on your PC.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Just remember there are no "accidents' and everything happens for a reason.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Wait 'til one of them really finds out what you did that Halloween.
    DonnaT