Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What would you do?

Resistance is not futile,any and all resistance.
    Drink up me heartys,yo ho!

Kate

I would probably dress at home.Hopefully in house two way TVs' wont be installed ala " 1984 ". I need to be Arlene as often as possible.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

By the time the government would get to that stage there would have been an erosion of many other rights either before or at the same time. If, by then, you as a citizen had not been incensed by the loss of other freedoms, then you should go back to the closet. Yes it can happen there are candidates right now who would prefer that it would happen. The people think just because it does not affect them directly they will not have to worry but at least 6 candidates right now would outlaw abortion even if the pregnancy risks the mother's life or was a result of rape or incest. Basically punishing the woman for the crime committed to her. It is not a huge leap to taking away other rights and freedoms in the name of "protecting the society". Once again I have to reference the poem written by a clergy member during WWII "They came first for the Communists,
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
    and by that time no one was left to speak up."

They say history repeats itself.

I am old and I really don't care anymore so I would be one of the first imprisoned or whatever.

Well, if that happened I too would revolt. And I would NEVER allow anyone to put me into a cattle car. I would do what I could to take down anyone trying to do that to me, clawing eyes out if the oportunity presented itself, and get shot like a dog in the street. An exotic big haired Goth dog, but a dog none-the less.

I would only hope that if such a law was made, that CDs would NOT continue to hide, but instead show their true numbers.

Because those that would hide, would do nothing for anyone.

That above quote from that clergyman is one EVERY student in schools should take to heart. Forget Shakespeare and such stuff. THAT quote should be drilled into every persons memory, cause it speaks the truth only a very few take to heart.

It has been illegal in the past and people still did it. I don't think much would change
    Chickie

The clergymens' name was Martin Niemoller, a German Protestant leader during the Hitler regime.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

**Warning, Logorrhea Zone!**
    “Social Engineering”… “News at 10”

Ever ask yourself where that 9:00 news on television comes from? Specifically, who decides what is “news” and what is not?

Ever notice how “news topics” are “cyclical” …

For awhile, it’s all about exposing CEOs “creative manipulation” of P&L figures and other nefarious tricks.
    They are all burning midnight oil shredding company financials hoping they are not the next one to be exposed on national television. Heads are rolling; justice is knocking on the door of what seems like an endless number of corporate con men. Then, just when it seems to gain momentum…it all but vanishes from the news media…

Then it is hero story after hero story of malfeasants caught by the new miracle weapon…video surveillance cams. Every night there is a new “report”, showing the video from some CCTV cam that “saved the day”. Funny how those “weather cams” popping up at every intersection suddenly start being called “traffic cams” right after those news stories. Kind of hard to sell the traffic “monitoring” concept when cams are pointed at license plate viewing setting…eh? Just when the saturation level stirs even the most naïve’ citizens to question privacy violation…poof, the coverage disappears.

Then it is “Identity Theft” stories on every channel. Nobody is “safe”. First it is the horror stories of those that were victims and the havoc it reeked on their lives. Then came the miracle stories of the people “spared” from this nightmare by the wizardry of “data protection” technology. “Just “register” (give us all of your personal data) and you too, can be “safe”.

Wait a minute…what happened to those corporate crooks we were exposing?
    “Hey! Quit asking stupid questions about the past and pay attention to what you are supposed to!”…lol

Yea, and what ever happened to searching for that guy that blew up the Twin Towers? We can see through walls, produce live video footage of a human being from a satellite in outer space, but we can’t find what’s his name…sorry, it is been so long since the new mentioned him, I forgot his name…oh yea, Bin Hiding (for years)…or sometin’ like dat’…
    “Hey, there ya’ go again, asking questions…quit “thinking” and just pay attention! The “news” will tell you what to worry about.” Lol

Then it is the wonders of the personal tracking device…er, ah…I mean “PDA”. Everything they…er, ah…I mean you… need, to account for and manage every facet of your life. Why someday, it just might be mandatory to carry one…(count on it).

Ok, now for the most dangerous threat to the survival of personal privacy I have ever heard…all summed up in one simple and scary “question”…

“If you are not doing anything wrong, why should you be worried about it?”

If you truly believe that propaganda, it is already too late for you. You have already abandoned the concept of “thinking for yourself”.

Ok, ok, I apologize for the “digression” which was actually not.

What would I do? The same thing I have done for years. I make my own judgements based on what I observe. I plan accordingly, and always “in advance”. Having a spare parachute is a great backup plan when your main chute fails during a free-fall. It is only effective if you plan for the worst case scenarios in advance; not when you wait until your chute fails.

Whatever “the gov’t” chooses to monitor, restrict or make illegal will have little effect on my lifestyle. If you plan in advance, you live free in the future. I have paid cash for everything for over 10 years, as well as other safeguards that are in place and added as required.

It is just like having a bad dream. When the “boogey men” get too close…I just open my eyes and in the dream…I “disappear”.

I am always ready to do the same in real life…

Now, where do I return this soap-box?….lol

E
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Oddly, conspiracy to commit a minor offense (e.g., jay walking) is a major crime in both Canada and USA. Are you people sure that you want to be stating publicly that you would be willing to commit an offense, or that you would organize with others to do so?

Speaking of offenses, I am disappointed that the proposed TG safe haven would not have any stores for our brothers.

The biggest problem I see with going to a special "island" or one location is that we could all be wiped out in one fell swoop such as a bomb or black ops attack. In our haste to demand our rights we make it easy for them. Nope, only way to really be effective is to go underground with guerilla operations to prove dictatorship is doomed. What better way to do that than become a hidden nation of "danger girls" striking from the shadows? THEN is when a special symbol would really have meaning.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Me, Myself & Rachael Rachaelb64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by t-girlxsophie View Post
    I couldnt stop,no I WOULDN'T stop certainly not for the Shower of Crooks and Charlatans of the British Government.I would have to become a member of the CDer resistance I suppose

Sophie xx
    Sign me up as well!

First plan of attack, lets get some nice photos of those politicians who like to wear a dress in private
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is to short so enjoy it to the full

:

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Today is a good day to Dress!

Quote Originally Posted by Rachaelb64 View Post
    Sign me up as well!

First plan of attack, lets get some nice photos of those politicians who like to wear a dress in private
    I'm sure the IT savvy of the TG community could do that, sounds like a good plan

we need as many subnets as possible, CDer's of the world unite

I've noticed that many on here say they get moody, grumpy or depressed when thay cannot dress for whatever reason. I wanted to see what some would say when faced with the possibility of a real challenge and to see how much it really means to them.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

In August 1955, Writer Charles Beaumont wrote a story call "The Crooked Man" where in essence, this is just just happened except the norm was a gay or lesbian relationship and heterosexual relationships were outlawed.

And the Federal Government would "FIX" the "people who swung the wrong way" which in this case heterosexually was wrong

An excellent concept from a story from over 55 years ago.

Science Fiction Writers always seem to way ahead on the acceptance of different lifestyles.

P.S It is pronounced "SKIFF-EEE" not "SYFY"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Beaumont

Well being in the closet, being married, and being able to shop on line, my life wouldn't change all that much. And if you will all think back, not that many years ago, it was not just illegal to wear a disguise in public, (yes it was considered a disguise) it was also considered a mental illness, a little electric shock treatment anyone? Changing the Constitution is not all that hard, in America we call them amendments, and we have a lot of them. Anytime you are in the minority, it seems your rights depend heavily on what the majority say they are. I have dressed since the early 50's and I don't see me learning to give it up now legal or not.
    Tina B.

We live in a different day and age than when crossdressing was illegal in the United States. Now, it would be a relatively easily won case of first amendment rights; freedom of expression. So, I seriously doubt that could ever happen here unless the government was overthrown. But, given the precept that it's happened, as the OP suggested...

It would depend.

I have kids at home. As such, my life is not my own to do with as I please. I have to weigh the balance of doing the right thing, doing the thing that provides the right message to my children, doing the right thing with regards to their future livelihood under our roof, and all those things with respect to my wonderful wife as well.

If it were my own life and mine alone, I'm reminded of Carl Shurz, "Our country—when right to be kept right; when wrong to be put right." and Ghandi and his salt march. I would dress en femme with my most comfortable femme walking shoes, and begin a hike to Washington. If I were to be arrested, then so bet it. The world would know my country was imprisoning someone for expressing themselves.

Truth be known, i am pretty ornery and depressed in whatever i wear, due to bi-polar, and depression, and very toxic family of origin, which continues to poison my life. I already know what it is to be ruled by tyrants.

To be honest, it's a scary thought, and not totally out of the question given the way things have gone in recent years. My response would be to stop going out en femme and to practise my 'habit' in the privacy of my own home. Giving up is not an option.
    Sorry if it doesn't sound very courageous or politically right-on, but I assume you'd rather have the truth.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

where's the stop button? Daenna Paz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Denise Rhodes View Post
    What would you do if the Government suddenly became totalitarian and all CD and TG activities, individually or by group were outlawed? .
    [SIZE="4"]IF?!?! [/SIZE][SIZE="3"] This is already reality in many fundamental churches ... [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Daenna[/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"]Give me my panties, bras, & dresses or give me death!!!
    [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

I can see us all lined up in our black patent Sam Browne belts, Kevlar forms and high-heeled combat boots.

Seriously, I agree that we must oppose attacks on the rights of other groups, if only to get practice in defending our own.

Lallie
    Time for a change.

You see freedoms stripped every day. I don't smoke, but the ones that do are labeled as lepers. In Missouri a law was just passed that strippers in strip joints must now be clothed. They can only get within 6 feet for a lap dance and must be clothed. I haven't been in a strip joint in decades but it still angers me because it is another loss of rights. I can't park MY boat in MY driveway more than 24 hours or it's a 150 dollar fine. If you go to a tanning booth there is now a 10 dollar tax. Why? Because they can. Like it or not government is now in the health care business. When I hit the powerball (I mean how hard can it be?) I will build an exclusive resort for all of us to enjoy.

I am predicting a CD/TS tax for all of you. LOL! Would someone please help me off my soapbox LOL!

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Denise Rhodes View Post
    What would you do if the Government suddenly became totalitarian and all CD and TG activities, individually or by group were outlawed? Would you do it underground? If so, how much would you be willing to risk to do it? If not, how would you get your needs satisfied? Stranger things have been known to happen, don't say it cannot.
    If the government outlawed transgender (not impossible given the current Prime Minister's pledge to abolish Human Rights), there would be no point me going underground as I have already been featured in national sleaze magazines [sorry news (sic) papers that support this government]

I doubt that they would give me the opportunity to go underground, I would probably "be disappeared" as General Pinochet used to do to any of whom he disapproved.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by Alice B View Post
    1st. Something like that will never happen because it violates the constitution. But in answer to your question. I would take legal action. I'm in the closet to most people, but for a violation of my rights of that magnitude I would have to stand up and take action.
    I agree. I already told my wife that even though I am still in the closet that if someone ever tried to blackmail me with it, I would tell them to go ahead and publish. So if they try to take away my rights, I will stand up and fight!

"They came first for the Communists,
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
    and by that time no one was left to speak up." Exactly right, Lorileah!

"Seriously, I agree that we must oppose attacks on the rights of other groups, if only to get practice in defending our own." Thanks, LALady

An attack on anyone's rights is an attack on all of our rights and must be opposed. We must all speak up when we see the erosion of personal rights.

I disagree, the Canadian Government will adopt the new DSM 5 and if that happens we will officially be deviants. Then Harper will pack away the blue sweater and don his uniform.

More generally, we would all end up dying after the Government raked the net and found out where we all live. Believe me it's happened before and given human nature......

Sorry to rain on the parade

Kathryn
    "Never forget the many ways there are to be human" (The Transsexual Taboo)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathryn Martin View Post

...after the Government raked the net and found out where we all live...
    Kathryn
    Correction...after the Government raked the net and found out where YOU all live, lol. I happened to pay attention to those cartoons when I was a kid. I do what Casper did...get a "ghost" address...

"hide-n-seek" in the Real World...best "game" ever invented ! lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]