Thread: similarities?

similarities?

Hi, first I would like to appoligize for not introducing myself. I"m tari, new here,soon to be 48 and happy to have found this site. I'm amazed at similar ways we realized we were tg. At 4 or 5 yrs old my mom found me in the bathroom in her clothes trying to put on makeup. She wasn't exactly thrilled to say the least. As a child I remember laying in bed at night thinking if I wished hard enough, I would wake up a girl. Puberty is when I really started to dress. Here I am 30 yrs later. My questions to you wonderful gals is: Did you had a cold or remote dad? how many of us are left handed? how many of us are the tallest of our siblings? Sorry for such a long post, but I am very currious as to how much more we have in common. xoxo tari

Hi Tari,

First of all,welcome to our family.My Dad worked a lot but was home for supper usually.I am right handed and I am taller that my Sister but,that's not difficult since she is 5"2",I am 5'7".I started when I was 8 or 9,I liked the feel of nylon,silk or satin.I have been a crossdresser for 47 years.
    Love and Hugs,
    Priscilla

Hello!

Hi Tari!
    Welcome to the forum! Ok,, father was not remote at all, I have ideas of why I am the way I am, but that is for another time. OBTW..I am a righty!

Cold and remote sums up my childhood, he has changed now and is starting to suffer from alzheimer's I am not sure which is harder my childhood or now.

Tari,
    My Dad was wonderful, but not touchy-feely. Always there, always supported me, and my brother in most things we did. My mother did too, but she was the dominant one inthe relationship.
    I'm right handed, and I'm an inch taller than my younger brother (but 20 pounds lighter!)

So I guess I'm the other side to your coin!
    Tony

similarities

I'm 57 and new to crossdressing (late as usual). My father wasn't distant and I am right handed.

Gennee
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

Tristen Cox
    I'll answer the dad part, the other stuff I have already answered in simaliar threads though.

My father changed the moment he found out my mother was pregnant. He wasn't the sort you felt comfortable with. He didn't make me feel that way anyhow. He had some screwy self standards that weren't really out in the open until you messed up. The old story nothing I did was good enough, so I rebelled and my mother and I eventually left him because he was cheating on her. From the moment he found me wearing one of mom's undergarments(and couldn't talk to me about it) he forever became distant, which of course only got worse.

He never truly had a bonding relation with me so I have no fond memories or regrets. Haven't seen him in 16+ years. He better hope I never do.

Platinum Member
    1) Did you had a cold or remote dad?

no not at all....

2)how many of us are left handed?

right handed.......

3) how many of us are the tallest of our siblings?

same hight ...........

Dad is the provider type. Worked hard all his life to provide for his family.

I'm right handed.

Middle height of three children.

Christine
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love And Devotion To My Online Family

I'm outa the closet, but still inda house!

(1) My father was present in the household but emotionally distant. The dominant force was my mother.

(2) I am left-handed

(3) I am shorter by about 2 inches than my younger brother

Like Gennee I started crossdressing late in life.
    JayeEdgar

This above all, to thine ownself be true,
    And it must follow, as the night the day,
    Thou canst not then be false to any man

Hamlet: Act 1, Scene 3 [Polonius's Advice to Laertes]

Well my dad was rather distant. Even though he was home he was always drinking. My mother has always been the one to take care of things and all. As far as height I have two brothers and a sister and other than my sister I am the shortest. I am right handed.
    "How can you find your fortune if you can not find yourself"

Hi,
    Father was there but "his way only", Left handed, only child. Was never caught in youth, but I think Mom knew.

Beth
    Oh, how I wish....

Ok, I did the wishing to be a girl bit.

I had a very loving and caring father, he faught for custody of my brothers and I during a divorce.

I'm Left handed.

I'm the oldest and shortest of all my siblings.

I'm even shorter than my step sister and brother, who share my father.

Rachael.
    I am a TV repair man, if I cant cure me nobody can!

I'm right-handed, tallest of four siblings.

I was very close to my father, he taught me car repair, hunting, fishing, trapping, carpentry, metal forging, machining, dog training, pigeon racing, duck/goose/chicken farming, construction, self-sufficiency, card-playing, chess-playing, driving, motorcycle riding, skinning and curing hides, farming, machine tools, ham radio, concrete mixing, bricklaying, aquaculture & fish farming, glazing, tools, explosives, recycling, horse/pig/sheep/cow handling, landscaping, lawn and garden, lumberjacking, drainage and waterway maintenance, baseball, cricket, football(soccer), rugby, cooking, shaving and ass-kicking. Oh, and beer-making, wine-making, beer whisky and wine drinking too! Also how to roll my own smokes.

He was neither cold nor remote.

Mom taught me first-aid, sewing, knitting, cooking, gardening and listening (and many other things too).

Mom and Dad only saw me in a skirt ONCE. Back when I was maybe 12 or so. Mom told me it looked cute and I had nice legs, Dad told me I'd get my ass kicked if I ever went out in public like that. Neither of them expressed either approval or disapproval, they simply shrugged it off at the time. I guess they simply didn't understand, and I never let them catch me again.

Quote Originally Posted by tari
    My questions to you wonderful gals is: Did you had a cold or remote dad? how many of us are left handed? how many of us are the tallest of our siblings? Sorry for such a long post, but I am very currious as to how much more we have in common. xoxo tari
    I am the youngest of three brothers. My perception was that my father "favored" my brothers a little more than myself, especially the middle one. At times he was a bit distant from me, in my teens mostly when I took to smoking, drinking, drugs and rock and roll, and grew my hair down to the middle of my back.

I am indeed left handed and the tallest of my siblings... taller than my parents too.

I'll take the pink one.
    "Just be honest, be faithful and have fun" ~ my wife

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar
    Left-handed.

My brother is a couple inches taller than I am.

My father was reserved (Scandinavian heritage and all that) but not cold or distant.
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com

Left-handed.

Father drove a truck on weekly runs so he was only home on weekends if that. Mom stayed at home until they got a divorce (He was cheating on her), then she went to work and started some night classes. After the divorce I was stuck in a house full of women which is probably the underlying key to my CD'ing.

and I am taller than my other siblings.

Righthanded, Father just wasn't 'there' all that much, not quite as tall as my brother, taller than my 5 sisters, lastborn but one...
    [SIZE=1]
    Marge, you being a cop makes you the Man, which makes me the woman. And I have no interest in that!

...besides occasionally wearing the underwear, which, as we discussed, is strictly a comfort thing.
    ~ H. Simpson

Silly goose, of course that's not me in my avatar![/size]

[size=4]Hi Tari,[/size]

[size=4]I'm right handed and the oldest and shortest of two brothers. My dad was a bully and a drunk who liked to beat the crap out of us two kids - he couldn't do it to anyone else. Fortunately my mother chucked him out when I was eight and I haven't seen him since, thank God. My Mother was disgusted with me being TV and always compared me unfavourably with my brother because of it and right up until her death she never knew that he was TV also![/size]

Quote Originally Posted by heatherCD8772
    Well my dad was rather distant. Even though he was home he was always drinking. My mother has always been the one to take care of things and all. As far as height I have two brothers and a sister and other than my sister I am the shortest. I am right handed.
    Damn girl are you sure we aren't related this is an exact parslell of what I am. I know now we all have a double.
    LOVE & HUGS Georgette

Be who you want to be not what others think you should be
    On the Road to a better Place

If, God put you there, God will help you through it.

Pixie Hollow's Vixen Katie Ashe's Avatar
    My son, dad, grandmother are lefties. I did lay in bed dreaming to wake up a girl for years. My parents divorced when I was 9. my dad was never around for the most part. My brother and I were the weapons in divorce court, we didn't see dad much. I grew up around girls mostly. I still hate guys still today. Welcome to the breakfast club
    DK Productions LLC, Giving back to the Rainbow Community. Need a DJ, Every Song Has a Story, We Make The Memory

My Dad would have done anything for me... he was kind and generous and I miss him greatly. I'm right handed. I'm the tallest in my family.

Where did the woman I am come from?... Who knows... Devils and Angels made this Devil's Angel.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Welcome Tari,
    To answer your questions. My dad was and is not now even remotely cold. He was and always has been there for me. I am right handed and I am the oldest and second tallest of my siblings. My younger brother just below me is 6'5". I do have the dressing age in common with you though

My Dad was very remote. My mother was very dominant and she wanted a baby girl but got me. She always told me how pretty I'd be if I were a girl. I never could go to the bathroom withour 'sitting down' because my dad never taught me and so my mother took me to the ladies room.

At 20 I started wearing pantes and have worm them all my life but not every day. Now that I'm retired I have gotten kind of crazy werning garter belt's and stockings and have just ordered a chimese, a bra with forms, a blonde page-boy wig and high heels. My wife of 20 yrs. knows nothing of this.

I don't have any idea where this is going. One good thing - I have more motivation to loose weight.

I always felt that I had the greatest father in the world while growing up, and much of my life (until his passing this past April) was spent trying to make him proud of me. He was the main reason, I believe, that I remained in the closet as long as I did -- I just didn't want to disappoint him, although, in actuality, he probably would have adjusted to it.
    There was nothing that I could ask for when I was young and living at home that he wouldn't do his best to fulfill. The only thing I ever missed was his inability to actually say he loved me, although he proved to me countless times by his actions that he did so with all his heart. No matter how many mistakes I made, he never wavered in his support and encouragement.

My mother? Well she was the one who always seemed to manage to let me know my limitations and shortcomings. Go figure why I am the way I am -- this alone has pretty much convinced me that my being TG is innate, not learned.

I am the lone son of five children born to my parents, although I had two sisters who died in their first years after their birth, including a twin of mine.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe