Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever changed your femme name?

Have you ever changed your femme name?

SO,

I've been thinking for awhile that I should change my femme name...For a number of reasons....Becca was just something that came off the top of my head, not really that thrilled about it. I'd like something more classical (Like an Audrey, or Maddeline....(short to Maddie possibly) and something close to my real name as well....(I won't say what my real name is, but I'll give a hint...(and not trying to be religious) It is the name of an apostle & gospel. The apostle was a tax collector....Yes, not religious but did go to bible school when I was younger)...

My second reasoning is that I went through a bit of a purge...and well don't think I'm continue this purge.....which is my first real one since I've been more open and started to dress fully and I've gone out and told a few people.

SO, I guess my question more or less is has anyone done this, change your femme name for some reason or another? How did it go over?

Also, any other suggestions for names?

when I was younger, I use to call myself Jamie when en femme. Now i've since switched to Aggi. been that way for a little over a year now and I really like it a lot better

No suggestions, but I would try to relate it to your personality the best you can
    removed

I changed mine. Why? I didn't feel that o fit the name or that the name fit me. So I changed it to express how I feel and how I present myself.

As to a suggestion for your name. Tjatvis far to personable for any of us to give you. Only you can do that. Unless perhaps your parents want to name a girl and you are ready to live with it like your DRAB name. Didn't think so.

Take a minute and breath. Find the right name.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

I've alway gone by Heather for as long as I've been a CD'er althought I did add the "J" about 10 years ago when I came out.

Heather J

Honoring GG role models

My first femme name was Chrissie, which I took because it was similar to the name of a gg friend whom, if I were a girl, I would want to be just like. I nice smile crosses my face whenever I think of her.

But actually, I'm not THAT much like Chrissie, and later I met a woman who is truly my muse. Without getting too dramatic, we often find ourselves merging, becoming two sisters, two lovers. And so one night, we were talking, and decided that I needed a new name. We chose "Aileen" because it sounds like her own name, Irene...

I wanted to before, but my wife got used to Brit, so that's what it is going to stay. Don't know what I'd change it to anyway.

I'm on my third name. The first one was Janice since I admired a girl in Jr. High school by that name. My now ex-wife wife. She did not like that name and she renamed me Bridget. Then my present So did not like Bridget, so we agreed on Brandy. Of all the names, I like Brandy the best.

Kelly Greene is my third female name for myself. The names I have used seam to match how far I have traveled along my path, as I grow into the person I am to be, I imagine my name will grow with me.
    Kelly

You ARE Loved.
    You BELONG in this World.

I've used Rhonda for decades - I first chose it because it's so similar to my male name that I could male-order clothes w/ it, and my family wouldn't notice the difference. I added the Lynn because one of my favorite adult video stars had a -Lynn suffix.

I've been thinking of changing it lately, since are so many XxxLynns around - I can't seem to register a nickname or email address anywhere! But I've been RhondaLynn so long... well, who really cares - as if anyone knows me by Rhondalynn. I can't seem to come up with a name that feels right, though...

Yeah - I think i'd like to change my name to something more unique, but i don't know where to begin. A sign of old-age, i guess.

So I'm with you, Becca - help me (Rhonda), help help me (Rhonda). ((i need help, alright...))
    Last edited by RhondaLynn; 09-22-2010 at 08:56 PM. Reason: correct typo

WEll when I was first dressing I was Erica, but then fell in love with Paige and have been ever since.

Yes. My name was Jennifer, but due to issues at home I stopped all femme activity and removed all traces. I later reappeared as Andrea Lynn.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to come skidding into it sideways, totally worn out, while shouting 'Holy crap. What a ride'.

Yep, changed from Lily to Charleen. ALOT closer to my given name.
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

Just once. I started out thinking of myself as Vanessa but I settled on Claire when I was about 20 and it's stuck for the following twenty-odd years.

I used to be Martina, now I am Kathryn Martin
    "Never forget the many ways there are to be human" (The Transsexual Taboo)

The former Melissa I Michelle I's Avatar
    I just changed mine from Melissa to Michelle. There was just something about the name Melissa that I did not feel was just right. After my session with my therapist, she said that she knew twins that was named Michael and Michelle and she hoped that she would not get the names mixed up. I decided that Michelle just fit better, so I changed my name.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    I hadn't realized that my sister was sometimes called by the name I was using; when I came out to her she said the only part she wasn't comfortable with was the name, so I changed it. But so far, this name hasn't stuck as being "me". I've been looking around for a while for something I feel more comfortable with, something I could potentially change my legal name to.

One of the factors I am considering is that if or when I change my legal name, I don't want people googling around and finding my old postings, so I may keep this one as a "screen name".

I chose Eve because I want to take from my male side and let my woman side come out.

Aspiring Member
    I was always Tanya, but actually went to Tanyalynn because I was writing on a site where Tanya was taken. Now I just consider Lynn my middle name.

I knew from the moment my wife asked me what I was going to go by. I really have loved the name Bethany my whole life, or as long as I can remember.
    One day your life is going to pass before your eye's, Make sure it is worth watching.

Eddie Izzard said it best "I am an action tranvestite".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bethanyannstratford/

I use to go by Beth (just a name I have always loved) After many years I wanted a first name that match my first real name which is Greg. Not many great names with the letter G. I liked Grace but that was my ex-stepmothers name and I didn't want to take that from her.
    I am in love with the most understanding GG and my biggest fan. Jennifer, I love you!

My first name was Laycee with a last name that was the same as a very well known "T" advocate in the Phoenix area. I had picked the name out of thin air without any intention to have the same name is this lady. When I found out I changed and selected Susan. Ive always thought it was a name that was very dainty and feminine. It gives me something to think about every time I go en femme.

Susan in Phoenix (It's a Dry Heat)

MALE BY BIRTH.......

FEMALE BY DESIGN

My first female name was " Katrina Maureen ", then " Beyonce Welch ", I've been " Arlene McCarthy " for sometime now and I don't indend to change it.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Don't think it matters Becca. You are still the same person underneath. After all, what's in a name. I have had a name change two or three times and still reverted to my original name.

Aspiring Member
    I'm trying to chane my name on the forum to a more feminne name but looks like a lot are already taken

I want to change my femme name. I've had several questions like "What is your femme name, Freddy?" I am open to suggestions, but am leaning towards LindaF. Any other suggestions?

Freddy