Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever changed your femme name?

Aspiring Member PrettyFlowingGown's Avatar
    Mine was Cassandra for 2 years, and now its Angela.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I love my gorgous flowing evening and ball gowns. I love swishing in them, and feeling how beautiful and shimmering they are. I love to feel like a princess. I love to be elegant, feminine and ladylike.

I was Susan first.......and switched back in the mid to late 90's to Kristina

Suddenly I See
    what? where am i? i don't recognize this planet...
    I changed mine about a year and a half ago. My original femme name was named from a hooker in a movie, and for a time i wanted to emulate that super ****ty side. As I have grown (in my mind) to explore more of my femme side, I've found a normal girl with many sides to her, not just the super sexualized side, and to reflect that mental shift, I accompanied it with a change of names to start a new period in my life.

So if you want to change it, go right ahead!

Hugs
    Kaylee

If you want a unique name, try Kinsale, a little seacoast town in Ireland. I have a granddaughter by that name. Kinsale Madaline. Have a nice day!

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Not changed my name since I been out,but my wife thought I should add a middle name,she liked Louise so I became Sophie Louise,love being Sophie,its a keeper but thinking of changing my user name on here though

Sophie xx
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I have thought about it a lot but still torn about making the switch
    Michelle

About 7-8 years ago I used a different name. My wife allowed a friend to use our computer and may have [probably] saw the name I used. I chatted on AOL back then, and it would have been possible to see my screen name, link it to me, and see all the thnigs I posted about crossdressing and see my pics. I chose to assume the worst and changed my name.

I originally went by Mellisa, but after a mental purge a few years ago, I came back as Melody. I am keeping Melody, it just fits my personality.

I have been thinking of changing my femme name since the day I selected it (about a month ago).

Until I joined this group, I did not interact in femme with anyone except my wife, and I never felt the need for a femme name. I ultimately selected my name as the result of a somewhat convoluted process. I took all of the letters in the first and middle names of my family (wife, 2 daughters and me) and eliminated the duplicate letters. I then rearranged the letters to get 'Marilyn Beck.' I am not crazy about my name, but I don't have anything better at the moment.

My SO has been all sorts of things...Hannah, Ashley, now Camie...
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

I have used several over the years.

I finally settled on Karen after I found out the that would have been my name if I was born the right way.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by becca1125n View Post
    I'd like something more classical (Like an Audrey, or Maddeline....(short to Maddie possibly) and something close to my real name as well....(I won't say what my real name is, but I'll give a hint...(and not trying to be religious) It is the name of an apostle & gospel. The apostle was a tax collector....
    I guess based on those criteria you are right to go Mad
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Hi Becca,

You certainly have started a lively thread here! I've never tried or wanted to change my femme name because I tried it once within one site I was a member of and had all sorts of problems so gave it up. I actually only started using a femme name about 9 or 10 years ago when I discovered I wasn't all alone with my "strange" feelings and needs. In order to join the MSN Crossdressing chat room and groups of that period one had to have a "Name"! My wonderful but long deceased mother so wanted me to be girl to be named Roberta. I am told she was so let down when I arrived with external plumbing she dropped the "a" and named me Robert. When, to honor her wish, I tried to use Roberta it was not available in any form but "Berta" was. No matter where I'm a member or participant here in our wonderful cyber world of acceptance and support I am "Berta" with sometimes differing suffix's as more and more are now using Berta or trying to. All this having been written I'm suggesting you look into your past history family wise and other wise and find a name that's special to you and your wonderful travels down our mutual explorations of our feminine needs.

Until I came online, I never had a femme name. I made one up, mostly because everyone else did. Of course I really would like to have a wife who would choose a nice name for me, but that's not likely to happen any time soon. So, in the meantime, I'll stay Alexandra. I can use Alexa, Sandy, Lexi, all sorts of nicknames this way, and be whoever I choose to be depending on how I feel at any given time.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

myself I have never changed my anme, I am Jenna no question about it in my mind.

My original name was Mary Jo. My wife strongly suggested we change it to something she would feel comfortable calling me. So "we" chose Michelle James so my initials would stay the same. What a mistake. Michelle is the name of a girlfriend of one of my sons and she is the most irritating......... So we too are considering yet another change. That being said so far my wife keeps forgetting and calling me by my male name in public. Been clocked a couple of times because of it.
    I believe therefore I can [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i just liked the name loni, so never had a reason to change it. also works a bit as it has the same first letter on my male name. and other names with the first of "L" were in use in my family.

I don't know, I think once you put a name out there, you should stay with it. You can't just change your given name on a whim cna you? No, ya can't.
    My So thinks I should change mine. Because I'm part Apachie, I went with Wynonna because it's a Native American name. (it means first born daughter.) My Polar Bear says "Wynonna screams "drag queen" to the general public" She thinks I should go by Stacy because I "just look like a Stacy" But I said said, I like where Wynonna came from, and I've been useing it a very long time.

I haven't ever thought about naming my other self. I guess I've always seen it as part of me. Even when I was very young and trying on my sisters clothes I love my name for either my male or female side! Sure there are female names I really like but I will always be Ryan! Hope that doesn't. Make me less of a crossdresser

Changed from Jade To Makayla, Reason, ex n i choose the first name, reminded me of her and i wanted something that suited me more

Yes I did,when I used to visit the MSN CD chatroom,I used the name,Betty Boop,and yes I used to wear my hair in a Betty Boop cut,but that experience turned out to be an abusive experience for me.
    Drink up me heartys,yo ho!

Kate

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jenna_woods View Post
    myself I have never changed my anme, I am Jenna no question about it in my mind.
    Like you, I have no need to change my name. I am Rianna (legally now too).

Quote Originally Posted by 5150 Girl View Post
    You can't just change your given name on a whim cna you? No, ya can't.
    That depends where you are. In the UK it is very easy to change your name legally and some (cis) people do it several times
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Gold Member
    I would say pick something that feels and sounds most natural. Something that you could live with if you ever decided to change it legally. You may one day decide to.
    People get used to calling you by a certain name and breaking them of that habit is difficult. If you keep changing it, people won't take you serious. "Or whatever she calls herself now" will become your last name, in a way.

Originally I used a different name, something I didn't really like. When I decided on Erin, I was like "THAT'S IT! That is my name, I like it" The other name was used years ago and no one I have any contact with now knows it.

Might also stay away from the double names. They just sound like someone is trying too hard. Calling yourself "Maria-Juanita" doesn't make one sound more sexy, it sounds like a drag queen.

Find something short, sweet, single, natural.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Actually, I did a lot of research on female names and went through hundreds and hundreds to pick my top 10. But no matter how many times I looked at my top 10 list, I always went to my #1 pick "Traci."

It was just me and it sounded so natural and so fitting (whatever that means). And strangely, it was also my first pick. My wife loves it and she too says I look and act like a Traci (again, whatever that means). But "Traci" just jumped out at me and I felt "That's the Perfect Name for Me."

I love my name. It's simple, short, easy to say, but not that common.

You need to find a name that you "know" is you. Where there is no question whatsoever. But I strongly suggest you stay away from ex-lover's names and family names as you want your name to be unique unto you. Not remind you of someone else.

Just Google "girl's names" and you will get all kinds of lists. You can even search for common girl names that were used during your birth year. You would not want to use a name that was in vogue in the 1980's if you were born in the 1950's and vice versa.
    Last edited by Traci Elizabeth; 09-27-2010 at 09:34 AM.

Just call Me: "W - O - M - A - N"

As King said: "I'm free at last, I'm free at last.
    Thank God Almighty I'm free at last!"

I selected Karen as a first name from my first girlfriend. I needed to select a name quickly and she is the one I thought of. As for the last name, It was a pretty random selection. I have often wanted to change my name but feel I have developed a personality that would be pretty much duplicated if I changed the name. Because of the potential duplicate personality, I have been reluctant to change.
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

KarenS
    I love being a woman!