Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mcdonalds drive through: wierd

Mcdonalds drive through: wierd

First a little background:

Last Saturday my wife did my fingernails. I still have them on so this is day five en femme. I have been dressed and out in the world every day. Sunday was a girls day for my wife and me. Shopping etc. Monday I went shopping alone and ran some errands. Tuesday more errands etc. Wednesday was my day at the spa. Hair, makeup chest waxed. Today I did the grocery shopping at Wally World and hit Meijer for some makeup.

The point is through 5 days/24 hours of being a woman at no point has anyone mad a remark, looked at me funny or anything. Everywhere I went it was wonderful. Lots of "may I help you maam" or "how are you ladies today?"

[SIZE="6"]Except[/SIZE] for one quick stop through the Mcdonald's drive through for a Large diet Coke. I ordered through the speaker, paid at the first window, and when I picked up my drink at the second window the smartass young minimum wage jerk said "Have a nice day [SIZE="6"]sir!![/SIZE] as if he needed to let me know I had just been clocked.

I am sitting here contemplating maybe it's just time to go back to male mode. What do you think should I be bothered by this?
    I believe therefore I can [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Happens!

Give clerk finger, smile, drive off.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Things like that are going to happen. If you enjoy going out en femme then put behind you. think about all the good comments you've gotten. One comment from a teenager shouldn't mess up your life.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Definitely not! You are so extremely fortunate to have such an accepting and supportive wife and most likely the envey of many of so much less fortunate. If it's not bothering your wonderful wife and you then don't you dare let that "smartass young minimum wage jerk" get to you over this. Most likely you'll never see each other again and if you do, what's he going to do? Most likely nothing as the sale is the only goal for workers in those jobs! Were it to happen a 2nd time then Janet's suggestion would apply, "Happens! Give clerk finger, smile, drive off." Me I might have the wife comment "Too bad you'll never look half as good as she does!"

It's definitely his problem, not yours.
    I don't claim to be an expert on anything! After all, an EX is a has-been and a Spurt is a drip under pressure!
    OK, OK. I admit it. I am a has-been drip under pressure. Sigh.

I'm sorry this happened to you but I don't think you should be bothered by it. I work in retail and have had almost the same experience on my end. A coworker said almost the exact same thing to a customer. I don't think he or the person at the McDonalds wanted or needed to let you know that you had been clocked, but sometimes people may slip up subconsciously, and as much as we try to portray our desired genders, there are a lot of differences between gg's and gm's. Stuff happens, I think you should be who you are and not care about remarks you get from some guy at the McDonalds.

No need to get mad. You probably have a great job... and he works at McDonald... he must be such an important person that his opinion really matters...

Quote Originally Posted by janet1234 View Post
    Give clerk finger, smile, drive off.
    Best advice ever
    hEll

Quote Originally Posted by RachelTheRocker View Post
    No need to get mad. You probably have a great job... and he works at McDonald... he must be such an important person that his opinion really matters...

Best advice ever

Well the truth is I am currently unemployed. It's a double edged sword. I have a lot of time to be the girl I always wanted but money is a little tight.

Must be something in the MCDONALDS air systems. A male friend and I walked in to order, and eat, I was in heels, jeans, blouse boobs and all, and the "SIR" thing happened to me yesturday. EXCEPT, I asked to speak to the manager!!!!! (you should have heard what my male friend said)!!!!!!!!
    The young man, all other workers and four or five customers were advised to address customers according to presentation. (and my meal was free). This took place in the last place in town you would expect. In San Diego Ca. in the area known as Hillcrest. the bad part is, my friend is the only one that was honestly upset.. he was pissed about the "SIR" thing. I won't go much into detail but his first comment was to ask the poor young man if he is f#*king blind. I had to make him go sit down before the manager come up front.
    OH, in my opinion the finger part of the advise given earlier is NOT good advise. actually it is illegal in most states and besides a public, verbal request, in front of others, to be addressed according to appearance is about as much humiliation as most teenagers can handle anyway.
    Last edited by bobi jean; 09-23-2010 at 04:01 PM.
    No these are not womens clothes!! THEY ARE MINE, EVEN THE HEELS. (update 4/01/10) THEY ARE NOW ! ! !

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Michelle, your tag line says it all!! The McDonald's clerk has his own problems, not your worry. BTW, sorry you are currently unemployed. Hope that doesn't last long!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    If you can remember what the guy looked like, etc, wite a letter to his manager (pretend you are a GG) and describe what a jerk he was and how insulted you are. You may get some free food coupons out of it and put the a-hole on thin ice.

Fact is, there are many masculine looking GGs and (inteligent) employers know they better not say anything as they can have a big law suite on their hands. So, his manager would probably wecome your input.

Michelle, in the grand scheme of things just how important is this young man to your life? I would have just smiled at him and been on my way. Young persons and older people who fail to mature will sometimes try and bait others into a reaction. It really spoils it for them when you return meanness with kindness. Hold your head high, honey. You have nothing to hide. While he is busy conforming to what others think he should be, you are living the life you know should be yours.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara Jo View Post
    If you can remember what the guy looked like, etc, wite a letter to his manager (pretend you are a GG) and describe what a jerk he was and how insulted you are. You may get some free food coupons out of it and put the a-hole on thin ice.

Fact is, there are many masculine looking GGs and (inteligent) employers know they better not say anything as they can have a big law suite on their hands. So, his manager would probably wecome your input.
    I ahe taken your advise and sent the following e mail to Mcdonald's HQ I will update if I get a reply

I pulled into the drive through and ordered a Large Diet Coke through the speaker. I then pulled up to the 1st window and paid my $1.06 to the cashier. I was instructed to pull up to the next window where I was handed my drink by a young black man who looked at me and said "Have a nice day sir" with a smart alecky tone and emphasis on the sir. I have never been so insulted in all my life. I will acknowledge that I have gained a little weight but to insult me by calling me sir and to take such pleasure in it. I drove out of there with tears in my eyes, and quite frankly may be done with Mcdonalds forever. It is my belief that this was not just a "slip of the tongue" but an intentional slam. I'm not sure what action I can take in this matter but be assured I am exploring my options.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle James View Post
    I ahe taken your advise and sent the following e mail to Mcdonald's HQ I will update if I get a reply

I pulled into the drive through and ordered a Large Diet Coke through the speaker. I then pulled up to the 1st window and paid my $1.06 to the cashier. I was instructed to pull up to the next window where I was handed my drink by a young black man who looked at me and said "Have a nice day sir" with a smart alecky tone and emphasis on the sir. I have never been so insulted in all my life. I will acknowledge that I have gained a little weight but to insult me by calling me sir and to take such pleasure in it. I drove out of there with tears in my eyes, and quite frankly may be done with Mcdonalds forever. It is my belief that this was not just a "slip of the tongue" but an intentional slam. I'm not sure what action I can take in this matter but be assured I am exploring my options.

That will put the wind up him, and quite rightly so,it hasn't happened to me as yet, but my plan was simply to ask for the persons name give a big smile, then send an e-mail complaint both to the store/shop/ restaurant, and head office,
    you could always take it one step further and phone the place pretending your from the local Radio/TV station telling them you have received a complaint and was wondering if they would like to respond , that would really start the panic button on code red

Hugs J-JAY
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Hugs J-JAY

Never underestimate the power of brains and a push up bra.

Never complain about growing old, far too many people have been denied that privilege".

Just let it go. There are plenty of jerks in the world, why worry about someone you don't know, and don't care about?
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

yes things like that do happen just let it go and go on enjoying who you are,

I agree to let it go on an internal level. in fact I am already past it and planning my outfit for tommorrow. However I am now messing with them for the shear sport of it and to maybe strike a blow for t girls everywhere. Is there a target with deeper pockets than mickey D's. LOL

You go girl!
    I don't claim to be an expert on anything! After all, an EX is a has-been and a Spurt is a drip under pressure!
    OK, OK. I admit it. I am a has-been drip under pressure. Sigh.

no like you said jerk this jerk will always be a jerk have fun enjoy your life as you want
    WHEN IN STRESS WEAR A DRESS
    BE HAPPY WITH YOURSELF IT ALL YOU GOT

yes do as barbra jo says let the manager know what happened. free food or not they do not put up with this from the staff.
    i deliver to this chain and i kinda know the working at the stores. it is corporate policy the costumer is right and be polite to all. but then they do hire from the bottom of the pool.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    no way should you let this get you down.the guy IS a jerk trying to be the big I am,and failing badly get a nice outfit picked out and have another lovely femme day

Sophie xx
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Flipping the bird is never the way to go. You will only insight a fighting attitude! (now you've maade yourself the bad-guy in this)
    ANYONE who serves the public (regardless of weather they're in retail, food service, emegencey service, home matince/delivery, what ever) needs to adress the customer in the gender which they are presenting, no if's, and's or but's about it.
    If you are not respected in anyway by an SA you have 2 matters of recourse, the first is to speak to their manager on the spot. Repectfully explain to the manager how you were mistreated.
    Second, write to the corperation, and gain, discribe in detail the incident.
    Remember you have rights, not only as a TG person, but as a person in general!

Been there and done that. It's not so bad if people do it out of ignorance - honestly not knowing what the proper way to refer to us is.
    it's another matter entirely when they are very clearly doing it just to be mean.
    Here's the thing though - if we are going to be out in the world, we have to accept that we are almost certain to be clocked by some. Know that, accept that, and it looses it's power to intimidate you. In other words, while I know it hurts, you need to let it slide off and move on with your day.

Let me tell you hun, I had almost the same thing only at Wendy's. When i got to the window that person called about 6 others over who looked out the window & started laughing. It mad me mad at first & like you almost sent me back into my shell but I thought hey, this is me, I guess i made there day. I also e-mailed them & told them i did not believe that was how they should let their employee's act. Those people are gone. Its a tough world & EVERYONE should RESPECT who ever they come in contact with. So I say to you dear, brush it off, be yourself & enjoy be true & honest with yourself cause your truly the only one that matters. Hope this helps.
    HUGS, --------------------------------{-----------------@

I've had the reverse happen. Eighteen months ago, way before I even contemplating CD'ing, I went to the KFC drive-through on my Sunday lunch break.

"Can i have an Ultimate Burger Meal with the Original Fillet burger and original recipe chicken, upsized to large, Mountain Dew for the drink with no Ice", and the order taker replied "That comes $12.60, drive up when you're ready, ma'am". I was kind of taken aback that I had been called "Ma'am" - unless the OT was looking back at the speaker area and confused my red 1993 Toyota Corolla with my mum driving it (who actually owns the car), or confused it with another similar car owned by another woman.