Thread: Phantom Nails

That kind of member Jamie Parks's Avatar

Phantom Nails

I was wondering if anyone else has the same thing happen to them. When either I haven't been able to dress in a while or if I have been dressed for days and have just changed (back into drab mode) I think I have my nails on still...everything i go to grab or touch my mind calculates the extra distance of my nails into the equation. I can kinda understand that one but when I haven't dressed in a while the same thing happens my mind tells my hands that i have nails on and usually when I realize I don't a great wave of disappointment settles over me. Painted finger nails are the accessory I like the most(I wear pantyhose the most because I can under dress with them)but wearing the nails makes me feel the most girly of all the things I wear. I was just wondering if others have experienced the same thing but maybe with a different article or accessory.
    Jamie Parks, the woman I was born to be

Heels. When I wear my bland athletic shoes now, I walk on the ball of my foot with the heel only occasionally, and lightly, brushing the ground.

I also catch myself feeling my ears now and then to check for earrings.

After wearing long acrylic nails for 13 years now, I'm sure I would feel "phantom nails" for a long time if I ever took them off, but I haven't had that experience yet.

- Diane

Perhaps if you haven't dressed for a while you start to go into virtual crossdressing mode, where you pretend you are dressed even though you aren't. It can be quite comforting, as long as you don't look into a mirror.

I have been trying to keep natural 3mm nails as an intermediate size. It works OK, until I break a nail. I can see why fake nails are popular for GGs.
    Juno Michelle Krahn

Normal people are weird. Stealth is another word for "in the closet".

Hi Jamie, I know how you feel, I love to have my fake nails on and for a while after they come off I almost drop things because I have grabbed it wrong. I love to under dress everyday, panties, pantyhose or thigh highs. But my favorite thing to feel girly, I do 24/7/365, my toenails are always painted and are always the same color as my wifes. (8 + years now) What little time they havn't been done I have felt almost depressed!
    I love Jesus!
    Life is so much better now that I know who I am !

I don't wear fake nails, but I polish them whenever I'm going to be home for any length of time, so I'm careful to do things in a way that won't damage the polish. But I usually wear a wig, so I suffer from 'phantom wig' syndrome, forever pulling the hair out of my eyes, face and mouth, and being careful to place it out of the way when I sit down so it doesn't pull at my head when I lean forward because it's caught behind my back and the chair. Previous to wearing it, I had no idea how much a woman with long hair had to do to keep it out of the way. Constantly dealing with split end syndrome, brushing it to make it look right, clips and pins, long hair is work to take care of. Still, I love it; it helps make me feel pretty.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

That kind of member Jamie Parks's Avatar
    thanks everyone for your responces
    Jamie Parks, the woman I was born to be

I think I experience this when I first clip them, after growing and filing them for a few weeks... Especially typing on my netbook, I'll automatically hold my fingers at the right angle to avoid typing with the nails, and it's awkward using my cellphone without them..

Aspiring Member
    I just love the nails but they are a chore 3 out of 10 never seems to stick.

Not really. When I wear nails I'm pretty much helpless... Can't use my Blackberry... Can't type... Barely able to operate my camera. Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos