Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is crossdressing a curse or a blessing (sorry to be so long winded)

To me it's been both but at different times and for different reasons. Once I accepted myself and educated myself on what it is to be a crossdresser, I then began to see it mostly as a blessing in many ways. Yet, there are still some areas where it can be a curse of sorts. But would I change who I am? Not on your life. I am happy with the way I am.

It's just the cards that were dealt. Some of us got the queen.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    It's just the cards that were dealt. Some of us got the queen.
    Now why does this remind me of an old song...."From a Jack to a King, I played an Ace and won a Queen" Maybe the words of the song should be...from a Jack to a King, I played in lace and now I'm a Queen. lol

we are all blessings .

Banned Read only
    I would say both.

Yes it can be both. I am now finding it to be more of a blessing for a couple of reasons.
    1. It has allowed me to be a complete person.
    2. Put me intouch with feelings that I had burried so so deep - hence feeling as a complete person.
    3. I am much happier when dressed, which translates to being happier when not dressed.
    A curse because.
    1. I am expensive.
    A prisoner in a kings disguise - Styx

As others who have replied, yes crossdressing can be a curse. I can tell you this, however, crossdressing has made me a better person. I am more open minded, more caring and generally warm hearted. I still embrace thefeeing of anticipation as I transform to Sabrina.

I think it is a bit of both some parts are awesome and I would not trade for the world, other parts stink, I just try to focus as much as I can on the positive.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by bridget jones
    Crossdressing is my curse but the feelings I get when I dress is a blessing. I still don't know why I feel this way,why me?
    [SIZE="2"]It’s a blessed curse, or a cursed blessing, depending on how you choose to feel about it. I see (or feel) it as a blessing. Why not? It doesn’t go away, because there is some need to be fulfilled by crossdressing. In your case, the “blessing” takes the form of certain feelings you obviously enjoy. Why not just carry on and let the feelings guide you along? It’s wonderful that you’re here, at long last, able to talk about these, dare I say…beautiful, feelings. Even if I came to view my beloved crossdressing as some kind of curse, I would still do it, simply because I have to. Why you? Why me? Why us? Many questions, but no answers, just like everything else in life, but you can take this mixed blessing and make it into something personal and uniquely special simply by embracing the obvious…

BTW, if you think YOU"RE long-winded, what does that make me?
    [/SIZE]

I guess its both, and depending on what part of my life I look at, I considered it a curse or something like that and now that I've been outed to family and probably society I guess its a blessed curse or a cursed blessing not sure yet, but am coming to terms with my cd'ing. I agree with Karen it'd be much easier to be one or the other, this mix can have consequences, intended and unintended. It now appears my wife has me out to family and probably a lot at work, now she wants me out to the whole world, and I know my level of acceptance of cd'ing isn't there yet. She says so long as I dont out myself to all guy friends or relatives she's living a lie and can't live that way. Told her a last summer after 28 years married, obviously should have told her before, but in 70's and 1980 just didn't have that info and certainly wasn't comfortable with myself, thought it would go away and never return. Wrong. But my wife doesn't accept this and our relationship has gone from acceptance to complete rejection. We only have one chance in life, make it a good one.

I have found it to be both a blessing and a curse

I always wanted to be different. I guess I should have specified! Oh well. Believe me there are worse things like detoxing from opiates. of course once they are out of your system that's it. Good luck getting the TG out of your system. Ha ha ha.

In my real life I am very analyical.....(I'm most definitely not Julie) LOL.
    Does it make you feel good?
    Does it hurt anyone?
    If it's yes and no, it's right for you.
    I've been hiding it for 20 years, but am now separated, able to dress daily, and loving it. Am I hurting anyone? No.
    So is OK?
    Hmmmm, I don't see why not.
    Julie (still can't get used to a new name, joined just this week) Fab feeling.

Basically, I think it is a curse. The problem is, that were I given the choice to get rid of it and be a normal male, I don't think I would.

Karen Sue

Lightbulb

Bridget,
    We are all expressions of the Universe. Various shadings of sexuality and temperaments. The CDing is one way for us to connect to the force that we are all bound to, that force expresses itself through our cding. We are a man who is able to feel feminine, there are many subtle feelings/observations that are availed to us because we, I will use the word choose, to go with the flow of the urge to dress. Do not resist, continue to discuss your thoughts and you will achieve some healthy perspective. Cding needs to be discussed, it is a source of internal conflict. But as we all have experienced, the man and woman acting together inside us drives a powerful engine. These are higher thoughts, the cding is not a bad thing, it is expression. Even the reactions it draws from others reshapes how our world is perceived. The biggest to the smallest and everything in between, with the biggest and smallest continually redefining themselves..
    Now I am off to Macy's.com to look at panties and dresses....

Both - but the older I get the more I see it as a blessing. Maybe it has to do with identifying with some of the women I know and how much pleasure they seem to get supporting each other. I feel more and more that I want to part of that sisterhood.

I consider it a blessing that I'm in a sex that allows me to experiment this way. There's a high level of violence correlated with women who dress like men...

Bunny's submissive girl CharleneCD's Avatar
    It is an absolute blessing in my case. I am dual gendered enough that I do not fit in well with the average male in society. It has been that way as far back as I can remember. I couldnt see a difference but the other boys could and made my life hell for it. I remember very well being called gay and girlish. Unlike the average TS, I didnt have any body disphoria to clue me in on what was going on, so I just tried to change how I approached things and pushed as hard as I could to never do anything that could be considered feminine. I was still different and others could still see it. I ended up spending almost 3 decades going through times of extreme self hatred with an external hatred of gays or any guy who would wear a dress. Thank god that last part ended in my mid 20's. Then by accident when the wife wanted to dress me up for Halloween, something finally clicked due to trying on the right peice of clothing. This led to trying more and then realizing what I was. It was like opening the door to come out of the darkness into sunlight. I now understand so much more about myself and am comfortable living within my own skin. The only curse is the closed mindedness of general society in that I am not free to fully express myself without recieving abuse.
    Charlene

Learn To Love Yourself And You will Find That Others Have Always Loved You But You Can Now Accept It.