Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Variants of transgendered women

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly DeWinter View Post
    What about a dual-hetro-mono-optional-noconformist-pre-post-undecided-tri-unilateral-tetrahexagonlsexual ? Can we we be included ?
    So this is a double one-directional in one possibility unfitting before and after triple one sided bounded by twenty-four equal triangular faces person? There is a place for you right by my side, and yes I love you as well......
    "Never forget the many ways there are to be human" (The Transsexual Taboo)

I take it then that the definitions based on the fluid 4-scale model that MelodyN graciously provided for us (see inside the quote tags in post #96), proposed by the Gender Identity Project (GIP), are still not acceptable to people?

Gender and sexual identity are complex, and it is not something that can be covered in just one word or two. To dismiss attempts to sort it all out because it doesn't fit neatly in a box is akin to putting blinders on. IMO. Honestly, sometimes I feel as if some of us are like the child who insists she doesn't like a particular food, without ever having tried it.

You know, the idea of not completely describing myself in under 25 words applies to me too. There's no way I or anyone else can fit an entire life experience in such a tiny space. But, there is a way that I can describe my birth sex, gender role, gender identity, and sexual preference when I wish to do so, and it does fit nicely in one sentence.
    Last edited by ReineD; 11-03-2010 at 11:56 AM.
    Reine