Thread: Mellow out dude!

Account is closed

Mellow out dude!

Wow I say. I have so calmed the f' down since getting on a regular regiment of the hormones I should have had from day one of life, puberty, etc.

I want to know if this is a common occurrence. My anxiety is near nil and my ability to form a rational thought without assuming the worse has increased exponentially.

Now this could just be chalked up to having the sensibility any sane woman has and finally being myself but I really do think having estrogen has been the main cause.

I have even looked back at my older posts here and really can see how uptight I was!
    [SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE]

It definitely takes a lot more to get me irritated post-T. I never understood how women could deal with small children until I started estrogen. Now it makes perfect sense.
    "Impossible" is not a word, it's just a reason for someone not to try. Kutless - What Faith Can Do
    Quote Originally Posted by My sister Lilli
    Yes, your happy shows - you practically have unicorns and starbursts flying out of you.
    Physically female!

Be free - overcome fear!
    I had lots of anxiety & depression before I started transitioning & to a point where insomnia was a huge problem for me - I use to only sleep 2 to 3 hours a day if I was lucky because that is how uptight I was. It was much worse up until about 2 to 3 years ago, I use to only sleep that same amount of time every 3 or 4 days. But now I get a good 8 hours a day. And the best part is - no more bags under the eyes from being over-tired.

And like Faith just said, I never understood how women could deal with small children, or men for that matter - there really isn't much difference between the two because both are so demanding. As a female things are changing and I have a lot more tolerance & patience than ever. I've even noticed a difference in how I drive. I'm much more patient with other drivers whereas many idiots on the road irritated the crap put of me before & almost to a point would feel like I wanted to drag the really bad imbeciles from their cars and beat the living crap out of them - luckily I didn't LOL

I couldn't believe the difference when i started, the knot in my stomach disappeared within a week and a feeling of "rightness", for want of a better way to put it, came over me. I still get upset from the traumas of my continuing divorce wrangles, family breakdown etc, but i have a deep internal calmness now that i have never had before. It is truly wonderful.

Be free - overcome fear!
    Louise and this is why that my transitioning was completely non-negotiable - I had to stand firm in my decision in order to be truly happy. I knew that I was risking everything, but if the people I really cared about couldn't understand & accept that, then that was their issue & not mine. If they had an issue with it then I knew without any doubt that they really didn't care about me or love me like they say they do. It's those people with the issues that really had to think about readjusting their attitudes - not that I could force them to do that in anyway or ever expect them to change. If they could see & really value why I was transitioning - accept & support that decision, then they have won over a really true friend for life. My girlfriend finally did that & now fully accepts me - but none of that would have ever happened if I wasn't prepared to let her go or caved in over my decision to transition.
    Last edited by Melody Moore; 11-01-2010 at 05:53 PM.

While I am not on E YET - I have definitely found that I am a lot less irritable (believe it or not) just being out (and I didn't even realize then what a raw nerve I was)... But I am Sooooo looking forward to the calming effects of E.

I guess the answer to your question is, yes - this is a common occurrence - and I am hoping against hope that it will soon be my experience.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

Account is closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope View Post
    and I am hoping against hope that it will soon be my experience.
    You are hoping against yourself?!?
    [SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE]

Silver Member
    He, he!

Quote Originally Posted by Hope View Post
    While I am not on E YET - I have definitely found that I am a lot less irritable (believe it or not) just being out (and I didn't even realize then what a raw nerve I was)... But I am Sooooo looking forward to the calming effects of E.

I guess the answer to your question is, yes - this is a common occurrence - and I am hoping against hope that it will soon be my experience.
    I too am not on hormones yet but have notice a positive change in my perspective on a lot of issues. I still don't get the ability that women have for having a conversation while children are running around and being loud. Though this also has limits as I have observed in my wife.

I have been on HRT for 8 months and I am a completely different person. To illustrate my point, my wife and I were talking about my transition and I made the comment that "I'm still me on the inside." And my wife responded back with, "Honey, you are no longer there. I do not see ANY of the old you anymore. I have lost the man I fell in love with, he's gone. But I do have a very loving Traci in my life now and we are going to grow old together. But no honey, you are certainly no longer the man you once were."

I have had a lot of physical changes in these 8 months but the most striking changes is my brain. It has to have been re-wired as I can't even force myself to think like a "man" anymore and in all seriousness, I think I have forgotten how to. It's really strange as I have no "man" thoughts, desires, or interests. Freaky in a way but much welcomed!

Just call Me: "W - O - M - A - N"

As King said: "I'm free at last, I'm free at last.
    Thank God Almighty I'm free at last!"

Traci,

I'm not sure you can lose the REAL you that has always been inside - what you probably DO lose, is the male conditioning that was imposed on you from an early age.

I'd like to think that the E is just confirming your true self and enabling you to finally express it physically and mentally.

Quote Originally Posted by Faith_G View Post
    It definitely takes a lot more to get me irritated post-T. I never understood how women could deal with small children until I started estrogen. Now it makes perfect sense.
    i have children and i find it ridiculously hard to cope emotionally. perhaps going on T would do the same thing for me as being on E does for you girls... because i HATE parenthood, my kids stress me to no end and i would much rather have been a father than a mother... i have had bad mother treatment from others ever since i had these children because i'm not like other women with their kids. i love them but i'm not overly demonstrative, i'm not into kid-stuff the way all the other mummies are and i rule my household with an iron will. if i didn't i'd go insane. perhaps this is what fatherhood is like.

heh, just my perspective from the other side, lol....
    [SIZE="3"]~ Androgynous/FTM/Boi ~[/SIZE]

it's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved as someone you're not.

Areyan's Blog

"The fool who persists in his folly will become wise" - William Blake

You know, I've read posts from other guys who said they became less irritable on T. It makes sense that if our systems are starved for the hormones that they should have, we will see effects from that.

And yeah, you sound like a dad. Dads are often a little prickly even though they love us deep down inside.
    "Impossible" is not a word, it's just a reason for someone not to try. Kutless - What Faith Can Do
    Quote Originally Posted by My sister Lilli
    Yes, your happy shows - you practically have unicorns and starbursts flying out of you.
    Physically female!