Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Variants of transgendered women

Ze, you had not posted on this thread when I gave my first reply.
    But you ARE one of the thousands on this site, and so were included in that sentence.
    Last edited by ReineD; 10-11-2010 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Missed this earlier. No need to quote yourself. A simple reference to your prior post number would have sufficed.- Reine

Banned Read only
    Ze???? Who is Ze?

Unexpected Woman Empress Lainie's Avatar
    Ze is a very hot guy that once was a woman.
    [SIZE=2]Ascended Ancient[/SIZE]

Everybody stop turning a thread about transgender women into Ze Country! Go back on topic!

Sidenote: Empress, that sounds like the first line of a limerick.

There once was a guy named Ze
    Who always was a he....

Sorry. I'll stop.

Hugs,

Melissa
    What's the point of instruments, words are a sawed off shotgun-Radiohead

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/melissa.c.keiper

Banned Read only
    Oh, I know ZE but I thought his name was Studly Doitright. At least that is what all the girls in the neighborhood are calling him.

Sorry sir, back to topic, sir

Be free - overcome fear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Melissa A. View Post
    Who always was a he....
    Who is it again?

Whose Ze? or Whose he?

Trust Ze to come along & derail this thread :P

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Melissa A. View Post
    Who always was a he....
    He has moved awful close to Nantucket.

this post is rude

Hey Ze, I think FTM's are so rarely brought up has more to do with gender politics than anything else. Since we live in a culture that values the male over the female; woman who dress or act or want to be men are seen as wanting to better themselves. For a male to dress, act, or want to be female is seen as a step backward at best, a debasement at worst and thus illicts more and stronger responses. A female with short hair in t-shirt and jeans goes un noticed. A male in skirt, heels with long hair, well you're gonna get remarks. That and just by numbers there are far more MTFs than FTMS.

Personally I love all my trans brothers and sisters.

Many male transsexuals may have a bit of an easier time assimilating in public, But if you talk to them, you'll find that they experience pretty much the same hurdles when it comes to families, friends, employment and everything else. You're right about the culture paying less attention, and why. As far as numbers, I think they are fairly equal. If not, I don't think there is as wide a difference as you think.

Hugs,

Melissa
    What's the point of instruments, words are a sawed off shotgun-Radiohead

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/melissa.c.keiper

Quote Originally Posted by hopingsecret View Post
    A female with short hair in t-shirt and jeans goes un noticed.
    Yes, until that person expects to be treated like a man. Then it's the same story as an MTF TS, only the gender changes. Not taken seriously, belittled, and flat out not respected as a person. Sometimes even killed. Our FTM brothers do not have it any easier, most of them just suck it up and take it like the men they are.
    "Impossible" is not a word, it's just a reason for someone not to try. Kutless - What Faith Can Do
    Quote Originally Posted by My sister Lilli
    Yes, your happy shows - you practically have unicorns and starbursts flying out of you.
    Physically female!

I don't know what the hell people are talking about. I can't wait for the day when apparently I pass and don't get shit thrown at me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ze View Post
    Didn't you get the memo? We don't count. (Okay, so I kid...kinda...)

From what I've seen, FtMs might be pidgeonholed in odder categories. We range from not existing to being butch lesbians in denial to just a product of third-wave feminism to having been sexually assaulted and hence are compensating for that, etc.

I daresay we're quite happy when we're actually recognized as "men trapped in women's bodies." We're even happier when we're actually respected for that.

And happy to see somebody actually brought this up.

the line "just-a-girl" grates on us exactly the same way "man-in-a-dress" does for mtf transsexuals.

there are so many variants where gender/sexuality are concerned that nothing can be determined in a list as simple as this one and i'm sure this is why it has provoked such a large response... although my gender identity is becoming more solid, my orientation hasn't become clear completely. where is the category for that? heh.
    [SIZE="3"]~ Androgynous/FTM/Boi ~[/SIZE]

it's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved as someone you're not.

Areyan's Blog

"The fool who persists in his folly will become wise" - William Blake

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    Plus, where are the FtM's?
    Didn't you get the memo? We don't count. (Okay, so I kid...kinda...)
    Actually, I'm not sure that I agree with either you or Allie about this one, Ze. The thread was about Transgendered women I look on the FtM transsexuals as men and will treat the FtM cross-dressers as they present in the same way that I treat an MtF Cd as she presents. This thread seemed to be aimed at MtF CD's more than the rest of us.

I daresay we're quite happy when we're actually recognized as "men trapped in women's bodies." We're even happier when we're actually respected for that.
    Could this be why I didn't think a thread about women was about you men?

Quote Originally Posted by Areyan View Post
    the line "just-a-girl" grates on us exactly the same way "man-in-a-dress" does for mtf transsexuals.
    I can fully understand that

Quote Originally Posted by Areyan View Post
    there are so many variants where gender/sexuality are concerned that nothing can be determined in a list as simple as this one and i'm sure this is why it has provoked such a large response... although my gender identity is becoming more solid, my orientation hasn't become clear completely. where is the category for that? heh.
    Quote Originally Posted by linda.wai View Post
    CD very part time, only into women
    CD frequent, could find men attractive when en femme
    I think that any attempt to mix sexuality in with a discussion about transgender is just asking for trouble. In recent weeks I have had to explain to some people in an LGBT presure group that being T does not make me G but may mean I turn out to be L. I also had to explain to someone from a local paper that the proportion of LGB in the T community is probably around the same as in the cis community, but it can get complicated when we make the transition.
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 10-10-2010 at 10:24 AM. Reason: avoid multiposting
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

You forgot

CD frequent, only into women
    Translesbian

Quote Originally Posted by linda.wai View Post
    [SIZE=6][SIZE=2]There are so many types and presentations of transgendered women around and all are so different.

CD very part time, only into women
    CD frequent, could find men attractive when en femme
    TG not yet 24/7, feel identified as female
    TG in transition and considering SRS
    TG full time but decided against SRS, enjoys her male genitalia
    Pre op TS
    Post op TS

[/SIZE]

[/SIZE]
    What is this? Your seven steps to becoming a woman?
    Last edited by ReineD; 10-10-2010 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Fixed font size in quoted text. - Reine

Bunny's submissive girl CharleneCD's Avatar
    My biggest issue with this list is what does a crossdressers sexual attraction have to do with anything. Sexual identity and Gender identity are completely separate issues.

As for lists, they will never catch everybody. Hey what about me, I am bi-gender. LOL That is what is nice about Transgender, it covers the whole spectrum.
    Charlene

Learn To Love Yourself And You will Find That Others Have Always Loved You But You Can Now Accept It.

Be free - overcome fear!
    The thing about gender & sexuality that it is so fluid that its nearly impossible to list all the variants of gender diverse people in society. Here is a really good video that shows you how fluid that gender & sexuality is and that its not binary like many ignorant people in society quite often believe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXI9w0PbBXY

Last edited by Melody Moore; 10-10-2010 at 08:00 PM.

To those of you who criticize Linda.wai's attempt to classify the community, please give her a break! She has under 100 posts and she only joined last month.

I too wanted to find a way to organize it all when I first joined, plus I wanted definitions that made sense to me. Most of us do get past this when we realize that the definitions change, not only with each individual, but also as self-awareness deepens, but you can't blame someone new for wanting to get a handle on it. Maybe Linda is trying to figure out where she fits into the overall scheme of things.

Reine

Reine, you know how much I respect your thoughtful posts ... however, this time I feel that linda.wai needs to contemplate my suggestion that there are only two types of human beings ... those who are members of cd.com and those who are not.

Classification is a form of control. I'm into complete conviviality.

Everything is beautiful in it's own way!

Clayfish ... you are free to not define things for yourself. Please understand that others might not feel the same way you do. If you don't like this thread, you can bypass it.
    Reine

Be free - overcome fear!
    Hi Reine,

Linda's intentions might have been well & good, however if you are going to join a transgender community to try & work out where you fit into that community then I don't believe this is the way to do it - especially in a community of transsexuals with a LOT more experience than yourself. There is nothing in her post that indicates any of intention to find out where she fits in here. Is all it has done is shown the rest of the community how limited her understanding about transgender issues really is. I think that most of the ensuing discussion has been very informative and helpful and I hope also the video I just posted also teaches her & others here how fluid gender & sexuality really is and why it cant ever be so simply defined and labelled.

PS: So why didn't you manage to find away to organise it all Reine? Did you realise that it was a mammoth task & virtually impossible to define?
    Last edited by Melody Moore; 10-10-2010 at 10:19 PM.

Banned Read only
    Well MelodyN, I am glad someone left you in charge of how we should all think and feel. Just because you might have a few years under your bra strap at being TG,TS,TV,or CD does not in any way mean you have all the answers. I am sure if you would lift you wig and listen, Linda could probably teach you a thing or two about being TG,TS,TV,or CD that you have not thought of. I for one have been at this for 45+ years, 30 years of that full time and I still learn something new about our world everyday. What is right for you and what you believe may not be right for the next person. We are all individuals and see it from our own perspective.
    While I agree Linda's list may not be quite accurate, she is at least making an attempt to learn and understand. As she matures and grows more confident in herself I am sure she will learn where she fits in just fine on her own like you and I did. Do not be so quick to berate or dismiss anyone here just because they do not measure up to your understanding and beliefs of our world.

Be free - overcome fear!
    Jorja, did I ever profess to have all the answers hun? and did I profess to know everything? in fact I'm a student like the rest of us... and welcome that opportunity to expand my knowledge everyday... I really didnt think that I was really critical of her in any bad way... if anything I thought my contributions to this topic of discussion were some of the more informative and yet I'm merely a babe in the woods, so how about you climb down off your soapbox for a minute and have a good think about what you just said to me? and try and see this from other people's perspective as well?
    Last edited by Melody Moore; 10-10-2010 at 11:30 PM.