Thread: Carry on bags and breast forms.

Carry on bags and breast forms.

When we travel between NC and Alaska, my wife always puts the forms in our checked bag. I am going alone this week and I don't want to leave the "girls home...they are so sweet!"
    Please advise how TSA will react to forms in my backpack. I am traveling light and will only have my small backpack. PLEASE tell ME what you know!!

Thanks a million! This is a great group!
    If you feel the need to explain yourself. Smile and Educate. Be proud of who you are!

."ALWAYS, SIT, SPIN, AND TUCK ONE FOOT BEHIND THE OTHER....NEVER CROSS YOUR LEGS"

Emme as in "M"

It depends on the airport security. If they are looking for fluids, you will get a bag check. Just tell them you have silicon forms and all will be OK. They are very discreet. With me, by the time they got past the wig, panties etc, she actually asked me if i had forms in there. Have fun with it!!

You won't have any trouble at all, they will almost 99% give you an additional bag check screening, but once they realize what the forms are, they will quickly send you on your way... I've done this many times with silicone forms in my carry on bag and had a few curious looks from the screeners, but nothing to worry about. When they look at them in wonder I simply state, "they are breast forms..." and that's it. Enjoy your travels!! VS Fan

I put one each in my sneakers and have never had them check my bag.

why not just wear them on the plane??...but have heels on not sneakers.

They'll be polite and straight faced towards you but when you've gone they'll have a good laugh and giggle.
    Samantha K
    It's so hard being me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]Now I shout it from the highest hill,
    Even told the golden daffodil.
    At last my hearts an open door,
    And my secret love's no secret anymore.
    [/SIZE]

See Sams pics at;
    http://cid-b4480c99b9b4cdd9.skydrive...e.aspx?lc=1033

Why not just wear them. I have worne mine many times in a cacique underwired bra and never had any problems going thru security. Just take a small magnet to make sure the underwire in the bra is not metal but plastic and all will be fine.

Call me old-fashioned but...when I have a medical issue, I consult a doctor.
    When I have a tax issue, I call my CPA.
    When I have a leak, I call a plumber.
    When I have an ex-wife problem, I do not answer the phone.

So, I would just call TSA and ask them to be sure you will avoid any embarassing scenarios at the security check points. If you run into any problems, just tell them to give me a call.

On second thought...scratch that last offer...lol

"sarcasm, just one more service I offer"...lol

Good Luck
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I went through security with my whole kit last month including forms.
    I was a bit worried too but nothing was said and no additional screening was done.
    Keely

One of the Reds

Yes the will be noticed and yes they really don't care. Believe me they have seen them before.

Wear 'em, I say. They're a sure fire way to get you to fly 'en femme', and provided there's no metal in your undergarments they're not likely to go feeling your boobs, are they ?

I flew recently to Chicago dressed but on the way back had to do male. I thought I would get more attention because they were in my carryon bag but I breezed right through security. Apparently they are trained to see them in our luggage and it is no big deal.
    Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by AKAMichelle View Post
    I flew recently to Chicago dressed but on the way back had to do male. I thought I would get more attention because they were in my carryon bag but I breezed right through security. Apparently they are trained to see them in our luggage and it is no big deal.
    If you fly "dressed", how do you deal with the photo ID requirement. I recently flew and the guy checked my drivers license photo against my actual face pretty carefully.

And speaking of flying, I think I might be pretty uncomfortable flying dressed and sitting so close to a stranger.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Odds are very good that they will be noticed and you will have your bag pulled for inspection. They will be polite and respectful while they check the bag, but you need to work on the assumption that they WILL be checking it and be mentally prepared for that.

This has been discussed numerous times on the forum, but to recap, breast forms, whether worn or carried on, are specifically allowed under TSA regs, and the regs are viewable online. As for ID check, this is a non-issue if you can confirm your identity with normal forms of ID. Regs do not require that you resemble your photo ID gender presentation. There is abundant evidence on this forum that flying en femme and carrying on femme items pose no problems as long as you are upfront about your identity and comply with carry-on regs. Beyond that, it's really just a matter of your comfort zone.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    The last time I looked at the TSA regs (which might have changed in the meanwhile), officially breast forms had to be put in to that clear bag they give you to put liquids/gels in, but the TSA regulations specifically allowed them. Yes, the wording of the regulations was indeed such that even GG's are supposed to take off their forms (or extract them from their carry-on) and put them in the bag for inspection.

I haven't gone through TSA since before I started cross-dressing. I've gone through the Canadian equivalent while wearing forms several times, without difficulty. The time that my underwire bra set off the machines, I did get a back-of-the-hand pat-down that touched the underside of my forms.

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    And speaking of flying, I think I might be pretty uncomfortable flying dressed and sitting so close to a stranger.
    Speaking entirely for myself: I have not had any discomfort in sitting wearing earrings, long hair (not wig), forms and lipstick and a dress or skirt, sitting next to a stranger. No-one has bothered me or looked at all offended. No-one has asked me about it either. On one flight I did end up talking to a visiting therapist, and as is not uncommon when I talk to women, the discussion sort of shaded into a zone in which I could tell I was no longer being perceived as a "male" and yet at the same time it wasn't female-to-female.

I once put my silicone breast forms in my luggage on a trip. When I arrived my luggage had been lost!
    After a few days they called to tell me it had been located. When I went to pick it up, I discovered that someone had ripped open the suitcase with a knife and my breast forms had popped out.
    I quickly stuffed them back in before people saw them.
    Laurin

Where is this all going? Melinda's Avatar
    Every time I put my forms in my checked bags I find a little present in my suitcase, that nifty form that lets me know some strangers have been fondling my stuff. The forms seem to be a trigger to have the bag opened and searched. I suppose they look as if they could potentially be some kind of explosive in gel form when viewed under xray or whatever. Regardless, they seem to have treated everything with appropriate care and respect. All that said, it's much more fun to simply wear them. I frequently fly in full femme mode, hand the TSA ID/boarding pass checker my male ID and never get questioned. I have found that if you wear a loose or full skirt you will get patted down to see if it's covering something bulky. When I went through security last week it made me smile to stand there while the TSA agent called for a "female pat down". I figure, and it seems to be true, that the airport is probably the safest place in the world to crossdress as long as you're willing to accept that some kind of extra attention from security is likely.

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    If you fly "dressed", how do you deal with the photo ID requirement. I recently flew and the guy checked my drivers license photo against my actual face pretty carefully.

I simply hand them my drivers license, complete with very masculine looking photo and have never had a problem. The sitting next to a stranger does make me a little uncomfortable and the first couple times I had to use the restroom in the terminal were pretty freaky. If you fly through Denver there are family restrooms all over where you can have privacy but I have had to use the very busy ladies room in other airports. I go in and out fast and try not to look at anyone. I would be so mortified if a GG thought I was in there trying to ogle her.
    Last edited by Nigella; 10-11-2010 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Merged consecutive posts
    who wants to be normal? Not me!

-Susan

Quote Originally Posted by eluuzion View Post
    Call me old-fashioned but...when I have a medical issue, I consult a doctor.
    When I have a tax issue, I call my CPA.
    When I have a leak, I call a plumber.
    [SIZE=3]When I have an ex-wife problem, I do not answer the phone.[/SIZE]

So, I would just call TSA and ask them to be sure you will avoid any embarassing scenarios at the security check points. If you run into any problems, just tell them to give me a call.

On second thought...scratch that last offer...lol

"sarcasm, just one more service I offer"...lol

Good Luck
    LOL, that is a good one!