Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I spotted the feral cd today

Last weekend we went for a drive to a small town in the country where they have nice shops and restaurants. Its about a one hour drive from home. On the way there i was telling my wife about how many people are crossdressers and i dont see any. Well we arrive there i take 2 steps out of the car and i see this six foot five inch woman, wearing a very short skirt and high heels. As i was walking closer to her i realized it was a crossdresser. I didnt know what to do, i wanted to say something like,good for you, or you look great,or look iam wearing a bra and pantyhose too iam like you. Instead i chose to respect her privacy. I didnt even want to stare to much not to make her feel uncomfortable. My wife had noticed that her partner was a cder also, i didnt notice because i was looking at all the bags in her hand from all the cloth shopping she did. I dont know what to say or do when i see another cder, its a tough call.

If I were the CD'er seen at the gas station and referred to as "the feral cd" and happened to be on this board and read the post I would be very upset. We dislike being labeled because of our CD activities yet one of our own labels a sister. That is sad.
    Danielle

Well, maybe. I don't know. I saw a CD leaving my local grocery store last week. Funny, I have only seen persons whom I know are crossdressed in public a few times. Either they pass well, I just don't notice, or there aren't that many. This gal was kind of obvious, though. She was wearing a pink floral dress in that old style awful polyester, and wore her antiquated purse hung over her forearm, like your grandmother would do. She was walking with a woman, and neither was saying anything. They got in a car (the GG drove), and drove off. I felt something akin to pity for both of them for some reason.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I just want to let folks know that I wasn't using the term "feral" in a negative manner. I was just referring to someone who has managed to escape the closet and get out. It's possible I sounded judgemental about her choice of a short black dress and heels at noon, but since I was wearing jeans, an aloha shirt and hiking boots, I was probably more jealous than anything else. She had more courage than me and I think my fear of talking to her reflected two things; first, I didn't want to make her circumspect about getting out and second, I would have outted myself as well. I guess I need to decide to make a bit more of an effort to not just talk the talk, but to walk the walk as well.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Feral ???? it must mean something different over the other side of the pond.
    Feral over here means wild beast, not domesticated or cultivated ... used usually a pejorative adjective.

As for interaction - well I don't talk to everyone I see. I smile a lot (women smile so much more than men) when I make eye contact. I may say a greeting "Good morning" etc.
    But this is an oft repeated question here ... there is no "right" answer. Follow your usual behaviours I suggest, regardless of gender presentation. I present 24/7. Personally I don't want need all and sundry thinking it is an invitation to start a conversation. Just treat me "normally".
    Mirani - [meer-rahn-nee] Beauty to Behold; to "See" beauty

[QUOTE=Mirani;2281254]Feral ???? it must mean something different over the other side of the pond.
    Feral over here means wild beast, not domesticated or cultivated ... used usually a pejorative adjective.

It means the same thing over here is why I had a problem with the description.
    Danielle

It seems to me that words have a much broader meaning nowadays so we must assume the OP did not intend to offend anyone.

Anyway, I spotted a local transgender person (MtoF) and her female partner earlier and decided to speak to them, I started with "excuse me, have you got a moment", they stopped to speak so I continued "I hope you don't mind but I spotted you in the village and I just had to say hello to you both", no adverse reaction yet so I continued "I have also seen you both at a meeting in Llandudno, about two weeks ago, in the evening. Allow me to introduce myself....." etc. Well what can I say, they were so pleased I made the effort to introduce myself and they will be in my shop very soon, no doubt because they now know it's CD/TS/TG (whatever) friendly
    Regarding what is written above: Avoid friendly fire, it causes unnecessary tension. Seek clarification if theres any hint of misunderstanding.

Take care.