Thread: Going full time (no hormones) with support of wife

Going full time (no hormones) with support of wife

During couples therapy yesterday I finally got the nerve to say I wanted to dress full time. My wife was surprisingly accepting considering she had never seen me dressed. I don't plan to go on hormones at this time, but don't know what the future might bring.

When we got home from therapy my wife encouraged me to get dressed and said let's go out to dinner. When I came down dressed she had a huge smile on her face and said it wasn't as big of a deal as she had imagined.

During dinner I asked her about a comment she made about leaving me if I went full time and she said it was out of anger and lack of understanding. She also said she was more concerned about what others would think and that she actually isn't really bothered by it. She admitted to finding women attractive and that she looks forward to exploring a new part of her sexuality with me.

The best part was her willingness to hold my hand in public. Then we just went home and fell asleep in each others arms on the couch.

That is a big tough step for many spouses. I am glad that you are to have such a loving woman there for you.
    Michelle

In the closet - for now. Shadeauxmarie's Avatar

Smile

I'm very happy for you. I hope everything works out as great as it has started.
    May you live long and prosper.
    Infinite diversity in infinite combinations.
    "Smiling makes my face ache." F. N. Furter

That is good news just remember to take things at your wife's pace. Also expect at times she may have off days and may have a go at your tgism...just sit and talk to her.

She might like to join the forum and join the rest of the wives/partners in FAB.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Such a happy ending of a day and a great happy start for the new DeeDee and your wife. Congrats!

WW

WOW! That's fantastic! Remember to thank her for her flexibility and understanding. You have a real jem there!

Freddy

Congrats. I know how you feel, because I too am going full time CD/TG, but I do plan on going on HRT sometime in the future..

Quote Originally Posted by Freddy12 View Post
    WOW! That's fantastic! Remember to thank her for her flexibility and understanding. You have a real jem there!
    no kidding.... dont screw that relationship up..... those are few and far between

Hi DeeDee,

Congratulations, that's a big step, and as others have mentioned, be sure to let your wife know every day how amazing she is for supporting you. You are amazingly fortunate to have a spouse who matches up with you so well. By the way, you look fabulous in by your avatar photo!

Carol
    My name is Carol.

I know how lucky I am. I also known my post over simplified things as completely hunky dory. But a couple of things really did make some parts of the night awkward. Like I said my wife had never seen me dressed before. That in itself was surprising to her, but the biggest shock was hearing my female voice which she said really made her feel like she was sitting accross the table from a woman. And she said it was hard to know that will be the only voice she hears from now on. So the will be some hurdles, but over all a much better start than I antcipated

Wow - Talk about a leap forward. That's terrific. You're very cute, so it's not unimaginable that she'd be OK with seeing you & being with you. Thanks for sharing.
    Mary

It is incredible that your wife would accept you dressing full time when she had never seen you dressed. You are very lucky to have a wife like that. Don't screw it up!