Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which are the signature feminine gestures?

You got that right!! I do several of these all the time.

How about playing with shoes when seated?
    Or, always checking and fiddling with clothes, even bra straps.
    Looking at men with that quick innocent look perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicola2876 View Post
    Anyone else reading these thinking "Wow, I'm totally busted"
    Ummm, yea LOL, but I do go out dressed. I am more thinking reading this that my natural male gestures have always been more feminine, and I'm a straight guy. LOL

One thing that I believe shouldn't be left out here are the auditory gestures that distinguish feminine expression from masculine.

Women tend to use pronounced inflection especially while giving a salutation.

Men tend to give a quick "thanks" while women say "thank you" in an extended sweet manor which much inflection.

Men say "So" or "Go". Many women say "Seo" or "Geo". The "e" being pronounced like the "e" in the word "set". Men say "what" women say "wet".

Some women tend to accentuate the letter "S" every chance they can get which is where I believe the term swishy came from. They pronounce their Ts more distinctly then men. Sometimes men don't pronounce the "T" at all

Men in general have a more relaxed enunciation where as women tend enunciate every consonant and vowel.

Besides having larger voice box, Men's voices come from lower in the larynx than a woman's which most full timers modify to give a more realistic woman's voice.

It surprises me how many trans folk (even full timers) put so much attention and money to dressing femme and even transitioning be it FFS, SRS, HRT but very little given to sounding femme when feminizing the voice is the one of the big things one can do to complete one's femme self. Much bang for the buck.

This is but a few auditory differences though there are many more than this

Sitting like a girl, legs crossed,arms as close to body as possible and kept a straight posture.
    Looking at someone by moving the eyes and keeping the head still

Appearing subtly feminine is not the same as appearing camp.
    It is hard to tell the two initially.
    Only after much observation can I start to tell the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara Jo View Post
    A female looks at her finger nails with the hand palm down, and the fingers fully extended.

A male wiil look at his finger nails with his hand palm up, and the fingers cupped.
    I do it both ways instinctively. So I must be a combination of male and female

Quote Originally Posted by Ginax View Post
    Smoothing the back of skirt or dress when sitting

Love GinaX
    I make a conscious effort to smooth the back of the skirt or dress when I am wearing one and sitting since don't like to sit on things with my bare legs. It is not instinctive.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him