Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dr Watson's gender disorientation and indecision scales applied to biological males

Untitled
    FFS, there is only one certain way to determine if you are TG or not, look into yourself.
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    The Kinsey scale is shown on another page there, the page with Dr. Benjamin's gender disorientation scale.

On the Benjamin scale I'd probably be category 4 or 5.

Quote Originally Posted by sandra-leigh View Post
    The Kinsey scale is shown on another page there, the page with Dr. Benjamin's gender disorientation scale.

I have more problems with this chart than the watson one, this one tries to classify homosexuality/heterosexuality into the mix, according to that chart I'm type 5, but I don't engage in homosexuality. but they list the kinsey scale at being 4-6what reads as:
    • 4 Predominantly homosexual, but more than incidentally heterosexual
    • 5 Predominantly homosexual, but incidentally heterosexual
    • 6 Exclusively homosexual, with no heterosexual experience
    the Watson chart left sexual orientation out of it.

Check the website. There in no Dr. Watson, it is really Madelyn H Wyndzen Phd. a self identified transsexual. Most likely those classes listed reflect her transition. She probably asumes that all transexual's life experiences are the same as her's. NOT.

Thus sayeth Joan.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    OMG Is this for real.talk about putting us in boxes and in this case not very neat ones at that.I dont fit in any one box but in a mix of most of them.why dont ppl just let us just get on with whatever makes us happy without feeling the need to pigeon hole us.my heads bursting am away for a lie down

Sophie x
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weekend woman View Post
    Check the website. There in no Dr. Watson, it is really Madelyn H Wyndzen Phd. a self identified transsexual.
    Madelyn posted the table, but never claimed to have written it, no more than she claimed to have written the Benjamin table she also posted.

I do not have time to chase "Dr. Watson" down completely, but the most probable leads at the moment are Robin Watson with Clarke Institute of Psychiatry Toronto, Canada, or Diane Watson with the Vancouver Hospital Genderity Identity Clinic.

Without wanting to be pigeon holed.....I am somewhere in between 1 and 2, probably closer to 2.

Don't fit into any of the categories, except perhaps Clayfish's group 0. Maybe with some elementary deductions, this is one case that Sherlock Holme may be able to solve.
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle James View Post
    I just ran across this on another site. I figure I am somwhere between 3 and 4. I would be interested to know if anyone else has heard of this and where do you rank?
    Never heard of it, but will play along for fun

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle James View Post
    Watson Table
    Group Four: Moderate Intensity Transsexual
    Gender Identity: Feel female but able to supress until age 30-50. Increasing dichotomy with age.
    Gender Role: Try macho lifestyle to compensate. Increasing depression and anxiety over time. Never comfortable as males.
    Eroticism: Genital if fantasizing self as female. Low libido.
    Biological feminization: Requested late or intermittent.
    Conflicts: Guilt, loss + fear of passing. Fear of rejection. Confused sexual orientation.
    Desire for Re-assignment: Re-assignment hoped for, often attained.
    Treatment: Supportive psychotherapy for symptomatic relief, family therapy, education group for stabilization of female identity.
    Gender Identity: True
    Gender Role: 1st part False, 2nd & 3rd parts True
    Eroticism: False
    Biological feminization: 1st part True
    Conflicts: Guilt used to be True, rest False
    Desire for Re-assignment: 1st part True
    Treatment: Awaited

Quote Originally Posted by Jen.CD View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sandra-leigh View Post

I have more problems with this chart than the watson one, this one tries to classify homosexuality/heterosexuality into the mix, according to that chart I'm type 5, but I don't engage in homosexuality. but they list the kinsey scale at being 4-6what reads as:
    * 4 Predominantly homosexual, but more than incidentally heterosexual
    * 5 Predominantly homosexual, but incidentally heterosexual
    * 6 Exclusively homosexual, with no heterosexual experience
    the Watson chart left sexual orientation out of it.
    Like Jen, I would be a Benjamin 5 apart from the sexuality and Kinsey ratings. When I used to be male, I would have come out as a Kinsey Zero, as a woman that would make me a 6
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 10-04-2010 at 02:57 AM.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

The idiocy of trying to analyze the imponderable.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Me, Myself & Rachael Rachaelb64's Avatar
    Sherlock Holmes; "My dear Waston, old chap, I quite think you have missed the point. Now go and put the blue dress back before Mrs Hudson finds out you have been in her wardrode again"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is to short so enjoy it to the full

:

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Today is a good day to Dress!