Thread: Be Smart and Safe out there

Aspiring Member Barbara Joanne74's Avatar
    Oregon, South of Portland, North of Salem

Be Smart and Safe out there

Today at work, a coworker who is also a reserve police officer showed me a briefing email they had been sent by their Sargent. It was talking about a crossdresser that they had caought at a local park going in and out of both the mens and womens restrooms. This person was tresspassed and warned not to return as the park is closed at night. Then my coworker opened the attached photos showing a cd in a skirt, heels, and blouse, with no wig and makeup.

I bring this story up, to remind everyone, that they need to be carefull of their actions. A city park at 1am is no place to be hanging out, especially in the redneck town this happened in. It may be a good thing that the cops caought her first.
    The other thing is, that there are survalence camera's everywhere. If you don't want to be seen, you better be careful.

Stay Safe and Smart out there Girls

very well said and totally true.
    TO OVER WEIGHT TO POST A PHOTO, MY wife tells me I look like I am pregnant

Thanks for the heads up Barbara. Very true. we do have to be careful out there just like other girls.
    Hugs
    beth

DITTO on all counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara Joanne View Post
    Then my coworker opened the attached photos showing a cd in a skirt, heels, and blouse, with no wig and makeup...It may be a good thing that the cops caought her first.
    I'm not sure I'd dignify this individual by calling "him" a "her". Trolling men's and women's restrooms in a park long after dark, I'm thinking there are serious issues going on with this individual.

All too often, the media reports some kind of funky and/or criminal activity being perpetrated by a man wearing women's clothing of some sort. With stuff such as this being a substantial helping of what the mainstream public sees of our community (again, if you wish to dignify those who behave in such ways as being part of our community), it sets back acceptance for all of us who choose to behave responsibly in public.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

This is one of the reasons that I go out in the daytime.
    Michelle

very well said, lets all of us be safe and have a great time

My rule of thumb - if a GG wouldn't be there (or at that time) or wear a particular outfit under given conditions, then I don't either. A little attention is nice under the right conditions. Wandering around (particularly "half-dressed") in the wee hours of the morning is just plain stupid.

Aspiring Member Barbara Joanne74's Avatar
    Oregon, South of Portland, North of Salem
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    I'm not sure I'd dignify this individual by calling "him" a "her". Trolling men's and women's restrooms in a park long after dark, I'm thinking there are serious issues going on with this individual.

All too often, the media reports some kind of funky and/or criminal activity being perpetrated by a man wearing women's clothing of some sort. With stuff such as this being a substantial helping of what the mainstream public sees of our community (again, if you wish to dignify those who behave in such ways as being part of our community), it sets back acceptance for all of us who choose to behave responsibly in public.
    Very True Sara, I was thinking that when I was writting the post, but my brain was locking up and could not get my thoughts out.

yes, by the looks of the picture I saw, it was a man in a dress trolling. Hopefully he learned his lesson.

Barbara

Police are the only people I'm actually afraid of dealing with while CD.. because I've know too many of them and know what abusive homophobic racist hypocritical misogynist criminal swine they really are

Quote Originally Posted by LitaKelley View Post
    Police are the only people I'm actually afraid of dealing with while CD.. because I've know too many of them and know what abusive homophobic racist hypocritical misogynist criminal swine they really are
    I assume your comment applies to the many police officers that you know personally and is not a sweeping generalization about all of the men and women who risk their lives to serve and protect us. My experience with the police has been different than yours. I'm sure there are some bad apples out there, but I believe the majority of the police are basically good people trying to do a difficult job. Returning to the original post in this thread, I am glad the cops were there to catch the creep lurking in public restrooms at 1 am.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Beck View Post
    I assume your comment applies to the many police officers that you know personally and is not a sweeping generalization about all of the men and women who risk their lives to serve and protect us. My experience with the police has been different than yours. I'm sure there are some bad apples out there, but I believe the majority of the police are basically good people trying to do a difficult job. Returning to the original post in this thread, I am glad the cops were there to catch the creep lurking in public restrooms at 1 am.
    Nicely said!!!

I haven't written about it yet but I was out last week and walked into a Starbucks where a police officer was standing to one side of the cafe on the phone. I bought my drink and found a place to sit along this bar-like area which had four seats. I was in chair #3 and two women were in #'s 1 & 2. They eventually got up and Mr. Officer took chair #2 to be joined about 10 minutes later by a woman (assuming his SO). Moral of the story, he paid absolutely zero mind to my being there. How did he perceive me? Who knows but I'm thinking he didn't fit the description you painted with such a broad brush.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Exactly- in & out of BOTH restrooms at 1am in a park? Such a person needs therapy to deal with sexual compulsion issues. The warning is not really needed- this is not a site about sex addiction.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

The question I have is would any other person be ticketed or so ordered? You have to be there, I guess, but maybe this person just needed a place to change.
    Chickie

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I have associated with, and been very good friends with many police officers over my many years on earth. Not one of them would fit the description given in the quote. To me, those statements indicate a problem that the writer has with authority! In the many years that I have been CD'ing, I have never had any problem with the police while dressed enfemme. BTW, I don't wear makeup or a wig when out enfemme!! Definitely a guy in a skirt or dress!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I know one has to be careful but frequenting a restroom at 1:00am? This persons actions is a constant reminder of what the stupidity of ones persons actions can tar many with the one brush. Maybe he was looking for his mascarra?

Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie View Post
    To me, those statements indicate a problem that the writer has with authority!
    au contraire mon soeur, it comes from occupational and professional experience working with exactly what I posted.

Notice my post only made reference to being afraid while CD and not entirely.. there's a reason for this... How many times have you heard of transwomen and/or crossdressers being harassed or abused by the police VS that of white men? Certainly most are not as I described, but the one's I've dealt with professionally,+ the one's I've known on a friendly level, they are exactly as I described.

Yeah....

I tend to belong to the camp that thinks that any person should be safe to go anywhere (public) at any time.

ANY woman should be completely safe walking down the street, any street, in any town in any country at 2am.

ANY transgendered person should be completely safe hanging out in a public park at 1am.

ANY person should be safe going into any dive-bar in the world.

SHOULD BE.

The problem is that reality does not conform to the way things should be. So because we are not safe walking the streets at night, or in parking garages, or in dive-bars, or in parks - and the truly sad thing is we cannot rely on law enforcement to keep us safe either. So we HAVE to be careful, we HAVE to look out for ourselves. Yes, we should be safe anywhere we go - but we are not - so just be smart - (at least don't be stupid) be safe.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

The media will always hype up any criminal activity by a crossdresser, it grabs readers' attentions. After settling in Portugal I tried to find out about CD/TV friendly bars/clubs in any of the cities. So I Googled in Portuguese and apart from the "dating" sites, all I got was news sites with headlines like "Transvestite arrested after bank robbery." "Man found dead in apartment he shared with 19 year old transvestite."

The headlines play up on the transvestite angle.

Was the transvestite arrested for robbing the bank or was he just in the vicinity? Only after reading the full story did it become clear.
    If the dead man had shares the apartment with his wife or a cat or a cockatoo, would that have been mentioned?

We are all too influenced by the media. Barbara Joanne's warning about being safe and smart is a great reminder of some of the risks and dangers that may befall us, but let us not prejudge the individual who was caught. Yes he may have had ulterior motives, but he may have had an innocent reason. He was allowed to go on his way after a warning about trespass.
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

Sounds like there is a village someplace out there that is missing their idiot...

I'm sure his/her parents are very proud.

"Too many Freaks, not enough Circuses..."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Why does an article about a CDer get the attention in the news? Could it be that there are a lot of people out there that can associate with CDing?? There has to be a bigger reason that it gets their attention.

I can relate with the "in the park at 1am".

When I was young and started to drive and nowhere where I am now on dressing. I use to drive to the park and cruise and when alot of the other hot rods would leave for the night I would change into my "****y clothes" (hey we all have been there) and I would walk around the golf course for an hour or so. It made me feel so alive then.
    Now that I am older and know how to dress and act like a real woman I can now have no worries about being out in public during the day or night. Yeah, I don't hang at the parks any longer and haven't for many years.
    I am in love with the most understanding GG and my biggest fan. Jennifer, I love you!

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad Rachael View Post
    The media will always hype up any criminal activity by a crossdresser, it grabs readers' attentions. After settling in Portugal I tried to find out about CD/TV friendly bars/clubs in any of the cities. So I Googled in Portuguese and apart from the "dating" sites, all I got was news sites with headlines like "Transvestite arrested after bank robbery." "Man found dead in apartment he shared with 19 year old transvestite."

The headlines play up on the transvestite angle.
    I agree 100%. To take it a step further, the sensationalism will go well beyond what is true. Someone I know worked at a bank and a guy put on a wig and held her up. The article on CNN.com said "Crossdresser holds up bank". Was he a crossdresser? Well, we get into the semantics of that discussion here, but in reality it was only a "mask" to him to alter his appearance. But it sure makes for a nice headline, doesn't it?

This is ONE of those time (albeit not many ) that I agree 100% with Hope.

How things should be or ought to be is a far cry from the real world.

All women (including us) need to be aware of our surroundings every where including our own property and home. Not paranoid but aware!

That is also one of the reasons I have taught many women how to master a firearm and how to legally and safely become licensed to carry a concealed weapon.
    Last edited by Traci Elizabeth; 10-09-2010 at 12:18 PM.

Just call Me: "W - O - M - A - N"

As King said: "I'm free at last, I'm free at last.
    Thank God Almighty I'm free at last!"

I've read so many responses to this thread and all of you are right . When I was younger and able to go out in public I found many people never gave me look of knowing that I was a young man . On occasion I would be hit on ( yes it felt great ) but I was always aware of my surroundings , always. Even today as that normal guy walking in the mall I'm aware of my surroundings. It's just who I am , not paranoid but keeping an I eye on things. Just a few years ago I saw a young cross dresser in are local mall.She would have been passable except she walked like a guy in heels and her makeup was not very good either. Broad daylight and I watch a couple of teen boys start to harass her , then the father of one of the boys said a crude remark . I was starting to walk towards them when security walked over telling are young lady to leave the mall and telling the three trouble makers to go the other way. We must be careful and we should always be aware of our surroundings.