Thread: Price Check

Price Check

When I was at wal-mart today I got some food and girly Stuff.
    Of course they had to ask for a price check on my red nail polish.
    That seems to happen to me a lot

Banned Read only
    yes I hear you. And doesn't it also seem like time just stands still at those moments? I make sure the price is on the items. But even that didn't stop one SA from holding it up in the air(blouse) for all to see and then asked me do I think it will fit me in front of others looikng on. How embarrasing.

@Tara - Oooh how malicious...I have been a fairly brutal smart ass most of my life and would have probably turned the table on the SA by saying something like "it's for my wife but even then, I could still look better in it than you."

For some reason, your experience has me wanting to go out and right a wrong (any wrong) wherever it can be found - cue the dramatic music - dun dun dun - SUPER CD to the rescue. I wonder if this is how Super Chicken started out "bak a bak, a bak a bak, a bak a bak, a bak"

Wow that was not very nice of her to do that. i always try to use the self check out when i buy girly items.
    Mistybtm

The avvy pic isn't me
    Self check out stations are notorious for needing attendant help. If you are buying lightweight make-up items buy something heavy to go with it,
    that way when you check out the bag will be heavy enough to not require the attendant to come over. I actually enjoy the females seeing me buy make-up items, get that little thrill, yanno?
    Outright rude SAs should not be tolerated though, complain loud and often if you get one who is obviously pulling your chain. There may just be a much nicer
    SA sitting at home needing a job.
    mj (Cassie)

I won't buy anything without the bar code on it.. I did have something at one point have to be price checked but I can't remember what it was.. Once I was in line to checkout and the line was short but suddenly got long and I was standing there with whatever it was and hoping the "cover up" purchase was still covering the clothes I had...

I think its Walmart... I don't seem to have that problem... I don't buy many fem things at Walmart.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Mistybtm View Post
    Wow that was not very nice of her to do that. i always try to use the self check out when i buy girly items.
    whenever I've tried to use the self-checkout lanes, I end up getting MORE attention than I do in the regular lane. Something goes wrong, my card isn't accepted, the barcode doesn't scan... on and on.

Now I just use the regular checkout and watch the person ringing up my bras and panties to see if there is any glimmer of recognition that the items are for me. For some strange reason, it is MUCH easier to go through the checkout lane en femme than it is when I'm buying women's clothes in drab.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Silver Member
    Not long ago I had a clerk ask if the bras and panties were for me. I said they sure are! She and the returns clerk started laughing and as she was holding it up said the brown one would match my eyes. I told her, I didn't think so but I do have the matching panties. We bantered about and I told her they were really great buys on clearance and they should check them out. Both said they were going to. The funny part was that I don't think either believed me and I was wearing a misses top with a bra that you could see if you looked and I have more on top than many women for my frame. The store was empty so they weren't doing it to entertain customers. They just had no clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Cristi View Post
    whenever I've tried to use the self-checkout lanes, I end up getting MORE attention than I do in the regular lane. Something goes wrong, my card isn't accepted, the barcode doesn't scan... on and on.

Now I just use the regular checkout and watch the person ringing up my bras and panties to see if there is any glimmer of recognition that the items are for me. For some strange reason, it is MUCH easier to go through the checkout lane en femme than it is when I'm buying women's clothes in drab.
    I have never had a problem with self check out lines i guess just lucky. I do buy a lot on-line some times you can get it cheaper and also free shipping if you look around.
    Mistybtm

This happened to me at Ross buying panties and some other fem items. Several people behind me in line and one of the panties needed a price check so a manager was called over, she picked up the panties, looked at them and then went back to check the price. It seemed like it took forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Tara1967 View Post
    yes I hear you. And doesn't it also seem like time just stands still at those moments? I make sure the price is on the items. But even that didn't stop one SA from holding it up in the air(blouse) for all to see and then asked me do I think it will fit me in front of others looikng on. How embarrasing.
    I've gotten to the point that whether I'm drab or en femme, I make it clear that -- unless I'm buying for my wife -- the stuff is for me. Sure I get some curious looks, but lots of smiles too. I guess my reponse to her would have been, "Well, honey, what do you think -- is it my size?" (Yes, i have done that in drab.) Why are we so ashamed of this?

Quote Originally Posted by MsMjSerene View Post
    Self check out stations are notorious for needing attendant help. If you are buying lightweight make-up items buy something heavy to go with it,
    that way when you check out the bag will be heavy enough to not require the attendant to come over. I actually enjoy the females seeing me buy make-up items, get that little thrill, yanno?
    Outright rude SAs should not be tolerated though, complain loud and often if you get one who is obviously pulling your chain. There may just be a much nicer
    SA sitting at home needing a job.
    mj (Cassie)
    Yeah, when I screw up in the self-checkout line I just give 'em the "I can't help it, dumb blonde" look. I prefer real people to machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Christy_M View Post
    @Tara - Oooh how malicious...I have been a fairly brutal smart ass most of my life and would have probably turned the table on the SA by saying something like "it's for my wife but even then, I could still look better in it than you."

For some reason, your experience has me wanting to go out and right a wrong (any wrong) wherever it can be found - cue the dramatic music - dun dun dun - SUPER CD to the rescue. I wonder if this is how Super Chicken started out "bak a bak, a bak a bak, a bak a bak, a bak"
    Umm, most SA's would look better in what I buy that I do ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

This summer I was in the Sears store where I buy most of my underthings and the older lady that is usually there, wasn't that day.
    No problem I thought and picked out some nice hip huggers and a bra that looked good. Took them up to the counter which on the other side was a second counter with two young twentyish GG's. The sales lady had to hold each one of my panties up high to fold them perfect before slipping them in my bag. The two other GG's were giggling and wispering to each other which made me nervous dress in guy mode. Next time I will take the time to go "pretty".

Quote Originally Posted by Claire Cook View Post
    Umm, most SA's would look better in what I buy than I do ...
    I think the same is true for me but I wasn't going for tuth, just returning the hurtful favor...but I'm not bitter, though...

It has happened to me several tmes. The first few times were embarassng but nobody seemed to care much except for the inconvience of having to wait for my purchases to be rung up. I try to remember to make sure a price tag or barcode is on the item but sometimes forget. The experiences have made me bolder when I am shopping, after one time when the cashier asked for a price check over the PA system for the panties I was buying. I did not die from embarassment and now when make my purchases I actually make eye contact with the cashier.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Really? ... I'm slightly confused as to why there's a need for a price check on a bottle of nail polish as doesn't it have a barcode? ... and if the barcode doesn't scan isn't there a little number near it to type into the register to get the price? Clothes ... ah that's different, they need to have a price tag on them with the barcode. Anyway, I get what you're saying about when cashiers (seemingly?) make you squirm as they point out to everyone in the store that you're a dude who's buying feminine items .... it gets easier the more you do it.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I am sure that Walgreens used to not enter in many of the two for one items, pantyhose and cosmetics. I bought lots of stuff there and at Rite Aid because they both used to have lots of
    2 for 1 sales. About five or six times at Walgreens the items did not ring up at the two for one price. Walgreens has a policy of needing the manager to make any correction. (they don't trust their clerks) while they are ripping you off with the sales not in the register. Half the people don't notice and if they do they have to have the manager correct it. I am firmly convinced that it was intentional. All the while I have to stand there with people waiting for the manager. One time I had to wait about 10 minutes. Since Rite Aid went out of business Walgreens has very few 2 for 1 sales. Walgreens sucks.
    I have also noticed that Walmart's self check machines don't work all that well. At least half of transactions seem to need a cashier

Hugs, Christine
    Just the Girl Next Door
    my ad V
    V

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrissiej

the one thing that I have never understood. Why do men have this fear of buying things meant for women? Don't all men have a woman in their life at some point. Be it a mother,sister,wife,girlfriend. They all forget something at times when shopping,no big deal. Go to the store and get it for them. They go and get things you forget.

Danni

I often write down a list of items to purchase and ask an employee to help me find them for me, act like I haven't a clue....
    It works great!
    I'll also pick up a few guy items, socks, briefs which of course I didn't need help with...

Price checks don't really bother me anymore, not after buying feminine hygene supplies for my wife and three daughters.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

I agree with Rachel: it's easier the more you do it. I used to really squirm at even the slightest delay that seemed to call attention to a man buying women's items. Then I started thinking about how often women buy men's things. Really, only a few fools will giggle or chortle or chuckle. Who cares! They are ignorant. I don't worry about it anymore--oh, maybe once in awhile when I've really bought a lot of things (but in those situations I'm usually en femme anyway).
    warmly, Linnea

I have never had a problem with self check out lines i guess just lucky. I do buy a lot on-line some times you can get it cheaper and also free shipping if you look around.
    The ones at Home Depot amd Lowes seem to be fine unless you buy something really light or something bulky that won't fit in a bag, but I seem to have trouble with the ones at Walmart a lot. And they are closed as often as they are open.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Danni Bear View Post
    the one thing that I have never understood. Why do men have this fear of buying things meant for women? Don't all men have a woman in their life at some point. Be it a mother,sister,wife,girlfriend. They all forget something at times when shopping,no big deal. Go to the store and get it for them. They go and get things you forget.

Danni
    Long ago, I went to Pennys to buy socks and panties for my wife for Christmas (why not, she buys them for me - socks and underwear anyway). No problem, I just walked up to the counter with them. Of course, I didn't have to shop, I had a list, and I didn't have to try anything on.

I guess with Christmas time nearing, this is our chance.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda