Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Many of your SOs Approve of the Time Spent on this Site?

Aspiring Member

How Many of your SOs Approve of the Time Spent on this Site?

My Sweetie knows full well that I’m a member of this group, but doesn’t show any interest in reading any of the posts or learning any thing about it. I wonder sometimes what she would think I she’d read some of the posts and saw the “flowery” language I use in talking to my friends sometimes. For example all the “I love yous” and the ‘” and particularly some of the language used when someone posts a racy photo or photos.

So my questions are these:

Does your SO know you’re on this site? If not, would she be upset if she knew?

Does she show any interest in reading, understanding (the site) does she show any interest in joining?

Does she complain about the amount of time you spend on this site?

Danielle
    Last edited by Danielle Gee; 10-13-2010 at 05:54 AM. Reason: grammer

Question 1. Sure, and has no problem with it.
    Question 2. I asked her to come on here several years ago, but she declined, saying she just cares about me, not any other CDers.
    3. No, as I'm not on here very much. Comes and goes. Besides, I have zero attraction to other CDers, other than in a purely supportive role. I'd bargain that this issue may be at the core of many relationships where the SO shows unease or jealousy over her partner being on here.
    -Sedona

1) She knows I'm on here
    2) Seems like she has no interest in joining, although I strongly encouraged it! And continue to as well

3) She has no complaints about the time on here. I'm not on THAT much Well maybe a tad bit much!!

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle Gee View Post
    My Sweetie knows full well that I’m a member of this group, but doesn’t show any interest in reading any of the posts or learning any thing about it. I wonder sometimes what she would think I she’d read some of the posts and saw the “flowery” language I use in talking to my friends sometimes. For example all the “I love yous” and the ‘” and particularly some of the language used when someone posts a racy photo or photos.

So my questions these:
    Yes she knows and in fact joined at my request. However she has not had the time to visit or read many of the posts.

Does she show any interest in reading, understanding (the site) does she show any interest in joining?
    Like I said, she joined. She has no issues what so ever about my being a CD. We share 100% open and honest communication, so if there was an issue, I'd know about it. She supports me completely and understands the reasons many of us CD about as good as any professional or ourselves.

No, but if we were living together and I was on as much as I am now, she would have a good reason to complain. I'd temper my visits without her having to ask me to,

Danielle

Mine doesn't know I'm on here because she doesn't want to know. She also doesn't know I'm an administrator on a makeup forum.. Which is totally fine with me.. One thing in my life that is totally mine.. And not a "joint venture".
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

She knows I am on a message board of this type, not sure if she knows the exact site name.

She has done reading/research on her own, but has not joined any particular site, she wants to understand and work with me, but does not seem interested in joining a forum.

Nope, she is glad I am talking about what is going on with people who are in a better position to understand.

No, as we have our own computers in different rooms!!!

Good Thread:

Yes my wife knows I chat with friends.

I have asked her to come in and learn more about me and the CD community and speak t other wives, but she prefers to remain outside of this saying, "Why would I want to hear others wives cry about their husbands wanting to wear woman's clothes."

She does not complain about the time I spend.

The nice thing about my wife, although she wishes it were not so, she also realizes that this is who I am, that a part of who I am (and to some degree, the best part) is because of my being Jenny.

My SO Elizabeth D is a member of this board as a GG. She joined at the same time I did and finds as much help and information here as I am. We usually spend a couple of hours a day here.
    "Never forget the many ways there are to be human" (The Transsexual Taboo)

1) Does your SO know you’re on this site? If not, would she be upset if she knew?

Not directly but she most likely suspects I am involved in some sort of site for cross dressing, so it would not come as a shock to her.

2) Does she show any interest in reading, understanding (the site) does she show any interest in joining?

Sadly not a hope in hell of that. She will never understand why I do what I do or want to. She has her views, and these will not change sadly.

3) Does she complain about the amount of time you spend on this site?

Nope. Not on here that much. Got plenty of other things to waste my time doing sadly.

Klaire

Danielle[/QUOTE]

We all have our dreams... AmiFL's Avatar
    My wife does not know about Ami. At least I don't think she does. She knows that I do cross-dress or have cross-dressed and does not approve at all. One afternoon I think I left the website on my computer after I had logged off. She made a comment about me leaving something on the screen. It is what it is. Eventually she will out me too everybody. That could be a blessing in disguise.

Yes
    Yes
    Yes

My spouse recently retired and is now home full-time. She has taken to grousing about how much time I spend on the computer.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

My girlfriend is a member here in her own right. She probably spends about as much time on this site as I do (which isn't actually a lot).

Crystal

My wife does not know...at least to my knowledge she does not know, and I don't think she would approve.

yes
    yes
    no
    I am a beautiful, young victorian style lady. Demure, gentle, kind and giving. I love to be feminine in lace and intricate delicate patterns flowing skirts, the kind of sexy that makes you desperate to know what I'm hiding underneath!

yes he knows
    no he won't join
    no complaints about time spent

Danni

My wife doesn't know, but doesn't really care. If I told her I would probably get a slight eye roll just because. She dislikes football and fantasy football more than this.

Gold Member
    Yes she knows and occassionally asks what's hot. Both my wife and older daughter signed up here and participated for a while, but it seems to have run the course for them once they learned a bit.

My wife knows that I visit this site and some others. Although She doesn't register. And she absolutely doesn't care how much time I spend in Internet

1. Yes, the SO knows I am on a CD site. I've left the address in the history logs often enough but that is the only thing what she is concerned with.
    2. No, and way at all.
    3. Yes and No, but only if the Grands need to so homework using the internet.

Nope, Just never comes up i guess, No real reason for me to tell her about it, There are many sites i am on "not cross-dresser sites" and i don't feel i need to tell her about them so why tell her about this one?

She knows i dress up from time to time and does not care "she tells me she loves me no matter what i wear or even if i want to be a girl" she's even buying me a nice dress for a Halloween party that her BOSS... is having LOL that's going to be fun =)

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Yes,she knows I am on here,and has no problem in me being here.She got as far as joining but Hasn't progressed from there,She will look at threads or particular posts that I point out to her,as of being of interest to her.

She doesn't mind me being on here,because I'm mainly on when she is at work,am probably on here the same length of time as she is on her Facebook games pages anyway LOL

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

My wife knows about this site and another I belong to. I am still very new and don't spend a lot of time here,but I tell her and show her the site from time to time. I am very open with her and she is very supportive of me.

My wife knows I'm on here and knows and she sometimes reads what or where I am here, but no interest in joining FAB even though I've encouraged her. Doesnt care I'm here and doesnt seem to care how much time I'm here.