Thread: Cry Baby ='(

Cry Baby ='(

I was sitting here crying over some dumb things that happen today and i started asking myself...When did i start crying so much

I remember being a cry baby when i was little But at around age 13 or 15 I more or less stopped crying, But here in the last few months i been really emotional and i am not sure why, I have never taken any Hormones or anything like that.

Maybe it's just that i have opened up more and kind of dropped my whole man act but when i get mad or sad over stuff i just feel like crying

Has anyone "without hormones" felt more emotional and/or cry some times? Or Does makeup have hormones in them? lol i would think not but still something is not right here, Maybe i just hold on to my girl side more then i think i do.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    I have not yet started HRT, but I have found that since I admitted to myself who I am, I cry more easily. I think that internalising emotions is part of what I did to try to pretend that I was a man. Now that I have stopped pretending, there is less need for me to hold it all in.

Crying is a natural way for the body to release emotions. I am not saying we should all do it in all circumstances, but I am not sure that I agree when you say that something is not right because you feel the need to cry more than you used to.

Just my

YMMV

HANDY
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Not sure where I am yet Jay Cee's Avatar
    I probably cry more at happy/sad movies than my gf does, and I'm not on hormones.

I'd only be concerned if you are crying because, for eg, there is a nice top on sale, but it doesn't come in your size. Or that it does come in your size, but you don't like the colour.

Havin fun learning Ashleythenewgirl's Avatar
    I've always been a very emotional person and crying is something I do a a release. The death of a pet hits me hard, really hard and I lose it over that. The death of a three friends last year....I bawled for an hour over each one. In each case I felt a lot better and as Rianna said, it is a natural way to release.
    What's weird is, I have been fighting it for several months now. My current unemployment has been such as stressor and I have felt on several occasions the need to just lose it. But I fight it, something I have never done before. Who knows....
    And I am not on hormones.
    If you want to be my friend I will welcome you with open arms.
    If you want to judge me, stay away and keep your mouth shut.

Yes, I do have to admit that I am a cry baby at times. It has nothing to do with cding. The tears just flow at times. A lot of it may be happy though, as I tend to well up at the end of movies that I really like, mainly when the "good" guys win at the end. The worst time was when I had to put my dog down a few years back. I must have cried the whole day. This all happens when I am in guy mode!!! Maybe I really am a sissy!!!

Be glad and celebrate your new found emotions and be willing and happy to allow them to show. Most men have been taught thoroughout their lives that "real men don't cry". As a result we have a bunch of men in the world that suppress their emotions many of whom get into deep trouble emotionally.

Speaking for myself, I graduly over the years learned to let it out. Tears of sadness, tears of joy... It was wonderful to really be able to "feel". Now, because of clinical depression, I have to be on an anti-depressant. Guess what... that medication is intended to stabilize your emotional state among other things so now I find it extremly hard to feel sad BUT I can't feel real joy either.

Just something to think about

Kerry

When we finally get the man guard down, it happens even to the toughest of us.
    Michelle

Aspiring Member
    Yes, I am a Cry Baby. Alwasy have been. Forever hard to not show the other side of me to others. I cry at movies that I find touching. As a child I had cried for wont of not knowing what else to do with myself. And not knowing why I cried. I still get that way at times.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcameron View Post
    I probably cry more at happy/sad movies than my gf does, and I'm not on hormones.
    I was about to say exactly the same thing. I'll be weeping and my wife is just sitting there dry eyed lol.

Anyway I don't think that there's anything wrong with crying if you need to release stress, anxiety, anger, sadness or any other strong negative emotion. Just because society frowns upon men crying doesn't mean its right... IMO crying occasionally for a good reason is healthy; certainly much healthier than keeping whatever is bothering you bottled up. I know that from experience...

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylie666
    Has anyone "without hormones" felt more emotional and/or cry some times?
    [SIZE="2"]I cry the tears of the damned. I wouldn’t call myself a “crybaby,” but I cry often. It’s easy to cry when people want you to cry, if you know what I mean. I cry for all of "us." [/SIZE]

In the past 10 years, ever since I have fully accepted who i really am, I find that I have been more likely to cry then ever before. In the past 3 months I have been applying a prescription hormone cream to my breasts and I am now even more emotional and likely to cry than even 4 months ago. For me, I believe it has been a combination of acceptance of my feminine being along with the effects of the hormones which had brought me to my current state of near constant crying whenever faced with strong emotional feelings.

I think that I probably cry more than I did before I really began accepting myself--I'm not sure. However, I believe that there's a "permission" factor and that once we give ourselves permissions to show our feelings, we find it more comfortable and more likely that we will do so. I'm glad for it although it still surprises me at times.
    warmly, Linnea

I don't know what's going on with all the emotions, all I know is that I have to leave the room when a tear-jerker movie comes on TV now. Andrea Lynn
    Lifes journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to come skidding into it sideways, totally worn out, while shouting 'Holy crap. What a ride'.

As I start getting further and further out of my closet, I find myself more and more emotional. I teared up the other day watching Undercover Boss with my wife. Most of my life I would have buried that deep down within and never spoke of it. When I do cry, I feel like a weight has been lifted off me. Who knew.

I have always cried easily, ever since I can remember.

My SO is a big cry baby too. She's not on HRT or anything. I have really bad PMS, so imagine what it's like hanging around us during that time of the month.

Loads of fun...let me tell you what.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

The older I get the more emotional I get while watching movies. When my eyes water even at the slightest warm scene in a movie I ask myself why Denise is so emontional. I believe it has to to with my lack of (T) and my abundance of (H)

Isn't the mind an interesting organ. If you let your self be you and drop the stereo typical I think the world would have a lot less behavior classified as male or female.

Guys are not supposed to cry. Because if guys cried, they would probably live a bit longer from the emotional and physical benefits that type of release provides. Guys hold it in, and die sooner, so the wife gets more time to spend the money with the guy she hooks up after we die...

See how nice we are?...

Actually, I sleep like a baby....

sleep for an hour...cry for an hour...sleep for an hour...

so, how is that for a deceptive way to avoid really answering that question? ....
    Last edited by eluuzion; 10-18-2010 at 01:23 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I found myselt bursting into inconsolable tears at a memorial for my recently late sister. This was the first time I had cried in nearly 60 years, and it went on for over 2 hours straight; I couldn't help myself and just couldn't stop. I was listening to people who spoke of her impact on their lives with a handkerchjef over my face to absorb the tears and to conceal my expression (many of the people there were strangers to me; I didn't feel comfortable crying in front of them).
    Since then (over a month ago) I've been pretty weepy; tears are liable to pop up at any time; I feel like I've started a new period in my life, but don't know what it is or where it may lead.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

What? Cry?
    Are you kidding?
    OK, maybe sometimes.
    Just don't play the song "I Hope You Dance", by Lee Ann Womack!

Quote Originally Posted by AKAMichelle View Post
    When we finally get the man guard down, it happens even to the toughest of us.
    I agree with this one!

Be careful girls excessive crying can be a sign of depression, I mean like crying for no reason and just bursting into tears...........

Lots of love Gina x
    [SIZE="3"]Lots of love Gina X[/SIZE]

If you sit near the river for long enough eventually the bodies of your enemies will float by......Chinese Proverb
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing !!
    People who think they know everything, are especially annoying to those of us who do